Universal Frontier Defense - Any fan of Clickers want to beta testing it?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I now see that heroes do autoattack, as do towers. So playing without clicking is possible. Excellent!

And I also see that relics are not upgradeable, but some relics are basically upgrades of previous relics.

2. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Got through level 15 and taking a break. Looks like the game burned a fair amount of battery power.

3. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Could you tell us what's your device and ios version? That would help us alot on debug phase
    Some beta also sent us about this problem, maybe we need take alot on this one more seriously, thank you for your feedback

English is not our native language so that cause us lot of trouble, but fortunely we got great support fron our tester, we have fixed ton of bad grammar non-sense sentence, so hope next version would be great for reading :).

4. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Yeah, some relics are an upgrade for other one, but we will add more and more stronger relics, so that would make your heroes growth stronger and stronger, you also could advise us about hero/relic/towers everything you like, we will consider and put these ideas on our plan.

5. collasta

collasta Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2014
    #65 collasta, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015

It sounds like you have some edits coming up anyway but I've been meaning to offer to help with the text. Thanks for bringing it up unstablefan!

On an unrelated note, has anyone been experiencing the game loading to the tutorial, after the normal crashing? Once it spawns Alex it loads again and it's back to where I should be.

I am on an iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.2, with the 4th, 2nd, and 3rd heroes as my load out.

6. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Sorry for the lack of detail in my earlier post. I'm getting crashes to the desktop on an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.4.1.

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Hi collasta, could you tell us more about this situatuon? Did the game ask log in GC after game crashed? Or did you have changed GC account (playing other game) before enter Frontier Defense. That would make easier to debug, thank you for your report

8. collasta

Mar 16, 2014
    I'll keep an eye out for Game Center next time it happens. It doesn't happen every time.

9. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Hi all.
    I've been playing this game in small chunks here and there and been having quite a lot of fun. The progression of Heroes and castle bits seems well thought out and adds a bit more of a rpg element to the clicker genre.
    However, I hope I am just missing something here but is there no 'prestige' system in the game. I got to around level 30 and found I kept dying, in fact, about 3 times in a row. This would be the normal time in a clicker game that you would reset, take the bonus and go again. I can't find any option for this so am I expected to just grind from now on to progress?
    Grinding is fine in many genres but I don't think it will keep players coming back for more in a clicker.

I hope I'm wrong and have just stupidly overlooked it in a menu somewhere.

10. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    #70 B30, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Strange things happend, I stopped playing for about two days and when I started playing again, all progress was gone (coins, heroes, etc.). Tried this game on an iPad2, iOS 9.

11. collasta

Mar 16, 2014
    #71 collasta, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Level 33 was the wall for me. I switched back to the first hero, from the fourth and he was able to get me through. The money from the level went into leveling up hero 4 and now I’ve been able to make some progress.

I too am sad at the lack of a prestige system. I’m more familiar and comfortable with idle clickers. I understand how idle mechanics wouldn’t work for this game but a mechanic for resetting and getting more powerful would be easy to come up with. Obviously implementation and balance takes a long time and probably delays release a bunch.

I think a good option could be resetting for “hero souls” which could be used to either upgrade heroes, relics, or maybe unlock/buy extra cool/powerful relics.

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I've also been trying to persuade them to do a "prestige " reset mode.
    I really enjoyed helping test this game and giving lots of feedback but their is only one thing missing from this game and it's a huge one:
    A prestige mode in which you must hit a certain level and then chose to give up all coins, upgrades, heroes , ect BUT in return you get 10% extra damage dealt with diamonds put into your account after each prestige or something of this nature.

This ensures continuous play over and over.
    I really really enjoy this game and it's still in beta but I'm not playing as much because of this one crucial thing that almost is a must for this game to keep me playing almost forever .

I can't say enough great things about this game as you can read my previous posts.
    I really hope they chose to add this feature.
    I'll be sad if they do not though.
    Still a 5star game

13. collasta

Mar 16, 2014
    Hero clicker does the same damage bonus feature right? In addition to the special gods you can level.

14. MinhMinh

MinhMinh Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2015
    HCMC
    I had a long conversation with the guys in Frontier Defense yesterday about prestige system since I'm also wanting that very much. However, Max convinced me while wanting to keep more features added (bosses, heroes, more enemies unit with different tactical of their attack...) before investing on prestige system, he told me that after using the prestige sometime in other games, what he has mostly is a longer playing time but nothing new, he want to change that this time in Frontier Defense by keeping the secret & new stuffs always ahead to motivate people spending time on the game, which is a positive thinking also. Anyway, can't wait for the game to be released, I'm a crazy fan of clicker too.

Lastly, I will be sad for sure if the game don't have prestige system, but will be more than happy if Max can do what he said and put me forgetting the need of resetting for strengthen my force.

15. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Hi B30, i sent you an PM to check on this issue, please take a look on it :)

16. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Unfortunately, no prestige is a game killer for me. As I said before, I don't mind grinding in games but I draw the line at grinding in a clicker.

It's a shame though as apart from that I had fun with the game.

17. collasta

Mar 16, 2014
    Has anyone else experienced slow down in the mid 30 levels? Occasionally some clicks wouldn't register and the game would back up followed by a quick return to speed where the enemies charge forward extra fast.

I've been trying to clear up some device memory when I play the game to avoid crashes so I don't think that is it. iPhone 5c iOS 9.0.1

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks for your issue, Collasta. It's a bug in this issue and it will be fixed in next version, Collasta.

19. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #79 Andre, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Hi everyone,

Frontier Defense's Initial Version will be released in Dec-02.

The first waive of beta is closed now! All helpful beta testers are credited inside the game's about section! And we want to say "Thank you" to you, our friends! Without you help, Frontier Defense can't move that far!

Even the game will be released on Nov-26, but we are going to update the game soon, so which features you want us to do in next update, please let us know. We always listen to your feedback, dude.

Thanks and regards,
    Andre

20. MinhMinh

MinhMinh Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2015
    HCMC

Can you please re-check as I'm quite sure that it's actually Dec-2? (I'm not sure but please double check to have the correct information for everyone). :)