Universal Froglike: The Frog Roguelike (by Jimjum Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Jimjum Studios

Jimjum Studios New Member

Jul 1, 2021
    Thank you, glad to be here!

Yes! That's the way we're thinking of doing it - if you pay for the game then it should be all yours ;)

metalcasket likes this.
  2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Amazing. Can’t wait for this update to drop. ALL my money will be yours! :)

If this type of monetization proves to be successful and you move forward with it in futures titles (with the same incredible production values and whatnot), instead of consumables and all that nonsense, I guarantee you guys will be huge. HUGE, I say!

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#23 Anotherkellydown, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    @Jimjum Studios,

Welcome to the forum! So glad you found this thread. There’s an issue with the ads I’m getting. If I’m watching one to revive, the game resumes before I have time to click out of the ads. Sometimes I don’t get hit, but other times I have a hard time locating my frog or get knocked into the water before I even get back to the game. This won’t be an issue for me as I’ll be paying for the ad removal when the update hits, but other may have a similar issue.

Can you tell me why I can’t seem to unlock the Slug “not a frog” frog? The description says all I need to do is use an item while stunned. I’ve done this countless times to no avail. Could this be a bug?

REMOVE ADS UPDATE IS NOW LIVE!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That last edit was worth a new post!

Yep, new icon, no ads, people paying for something Jimjum Studios didn’t think people wanted to pay for…what could be better!? :D

5. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Anyone pick up the no adds ? Just curious how it ended up being implemented. So many “no adds” in apps work differently these days. Many times it’s just the forced adds but still left with all the others . I’d be happy to support if implemented correctly. Which I’m actually guessing it is.

6. Anotherkellydown

It’s the best type of “No Ads”. Free score doubler, free revive and no interstitials. $2.99

Jimjum Studios and elcrazy like this.
  7. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #27 elcrazy, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    Thanks for answering. That’s what I figured they did based on this thread. I will support them. Don’t play it much but they deserve it. $3.99 in funny money.

Jimjum Studios likes this.
  8. Jimjum Studios

Jimjum Studios New Member

Jul 1, 2021
    Haha hey again everyone! We just logged in to update that we've added the No Ads option - but it seems like you're all one step ahead of us <3

Thank you so so much for your support, we can't tell you how much it means to us.

Expect more things soon! We're gonna do our best to delight you all!

Edit:
    @Anotherkellydown - you should no longer have any issues with revive ;) we're also diagnosing the slug as we speak!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  9. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    I got the slug on my first try. Just to help with the bug. I actually thought it was fixed.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    @Anotherkellydown Buddy, think I might have figured out your Slug problem. It’s not getting knocked back and activating an item…you need to get paralyzed by a Tamnun and then activate. If you’re aware of that and have mentioned it in this thread, ignore this and I’m an idiot. :p

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  11. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #31 elcrazy, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    Started playing this a bit more. The more I play the more I love it ! I’m a massive frogger fan. Have all kinds of old versions of it. This really scratches the frogger itch in a whole new way.

One small thing can, the ad button should be different once you have paid. I keep not pushing it because it still looks like a video . I’ll eventually get used to just pushing it……. Hopefully. My brain is trained not too. Lol

12. Anotherkellydown

#32 Anotherkellydown, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    Got it immediately. Thank you! :)
    993B3BA2-F48D-422B-B2ED-7293BFE60253.png

I got so used to it I didn’t even notice until you pointed that out. But for new players it might be a good idea for a quality of life update.

elcrazy likes this.