Frisbee® Forever 2 by Kiloo Games - Launch Trailer and Release Date

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kiloo_Jeppe, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiklasBorglund

May 10, 2012
    Chairman / Lead Programmer at Cry Wolf Studios
    Visby, Sweden
    This looks great! I really enjoyed the first game so I'm looking forward to playing this one:)

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't remember, but I do know I got past half way through the game

3. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #23 Jxsgamer, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    Awesome, looks promising since the first one was great.

I found the snow levels to be really hard.
    Mostly cause the speed increasing by a ton so I need faster reflexes.

Subway Surfer and then now this. :p

4. baDa

baDa Active Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Creative Director
    CWB - Brazil
    Stunning! Love it!

5. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

:D - well we'll know more in a short while, once the beta test gets on it's way. I don't have a specific release date yet, but early Summer is definitely likely.

6. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Awesome news!
    Last year when the first one came out my little girl was just born and it was a game i could play while she was sleeping on my stomach.
    Funny thing is i deleted it only 2 days ago from my iphone due to major storage issues ,so a new one is very much appreciated. It looks amazing.
    What i liked about the first one was it was the perfect pick up and play game.
    It had this happy summer feeling ,and the controls were spot on.
    The snow levels were a bit too hardcore for my taste but i did like the halfpipes.
    By hardcore i mean i found the levels a bit too long,wich interfered with the pick up and play feeling.
    As a collectionist i found it hard to resist buying iap and threw about €16 your way wich is quite a lot in my book,but i probably spend more time on it than a lot of rpg's,so there you go;)
    Really psyched about this,can't wait really,and i never beta tested but i would love to beta test this one.

7. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Reserve a place for me on the beta-test too :p

Cannot wait to Subway Surfers and this :D

8. Kiloo_Jeppe

Really good point! If the snow levels generally were too long, it's something we can work on improving in our new level design. Thanks for the feedback!

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Looks great! Would love to be a part of beta testing again! :)

10. nobelak555

nobelak555 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Why Frisbee® Forever 2, May be something without "2"?

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Because its a sequel lol

12. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Hey kiloo, where will you guys be offering the beta testing? I would love to be one of this first to get my hands on the game, and to see what's wrong if anything of course. FYI, I have never beta-tested before.

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This looks great, loved the first one.

14. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi Mr. Anon, we'll probably be looking for beta testers next week and we'll be using Testflight, which makes it a whole lot easier for testers and developers.

Looking forward to showing you the game!

15. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Well, I'm excited to play it. I assume I should go make an acc on or is that not necessary?

16. Kiloo_Jeppe

#36 Kiloo_Jeppe, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    You can do it once the test build is ready. It's very easy to set up.

17. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Ok, will do! Looking forward to it!

18. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Looking forward to this game I loved the first one.

19. Dr. Deviation

Dr. Deviation Active Member

Jan 13, 2012
    I was going to comment on how people are downloading an app when they could be playing the real thing... but yeah... nevermind.

20. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    About Frisbee Forever 2

Hello, all:

My son and I are really excited about Frisbee Forever 2. Quite honestly, we were a bit disappointed about Subway Surfers. We live in New York, and detest graffiti. We don't think it is an artform of any sort, but rather vandalism. That you chose to cast as the "hero" of the game a kid who is committing criminal acts is surprising, to say the least. Anyway, I digress.

There were many items about Frisbee Forever that we loved. The fluid gameplay, appealing backgrounds, and overall good feel about the game. Who doesn't love throwing a frisbee around? Also, the carnival scene definitely took me back to some of those "old style" fairs we have here in the states.

A few questions and comments:

1. With which IOS will this be compatible? We have the iPad 2, but many people who played Frisbee Forever did so on the original iPad. A suggestion here would be to make the environment 4.2 (or lower) to maximize the number of people who are to play your game.

2. Are you planning to add a level to the original Frisbee Forever game? It might be good so as to keep that game alive, as well.

3. Unlike many people, I liked the links where you could watch a 15-second clip of another game to earn 25 coins. It allowed us to see previews of other games that were of interest to us.

4. What was fantastic about your game was that aside from these clips, the screen was not peppered with advertisements. We hope you keep that mindset intact for the upcoming game.

5. Please do not fall victim to "sequelitis." What is nice about the original game is that it is easy to use, has fluid gameplay, and the powerups and boosts (magnetic and coin) are aggressive to obtain, but are obtainable. Do not create twenty different kinds of powerups and move away from your original concept. Simple is really best for this type of game.

6. FREE + nonintrusive IAP. This game should be free. Also, what was fantastic about the original was that you could achieve all goals without IAP. Some games infuriate us because they let you play long enough to like it, and then charge you to complete the game. Or, there is endless grinding unless you pay. To me, this is bad business.

7. Monthly contests for frisbees. How about each month having a contest for frisbee design. The top choice for each month gets included as part of each new upgrade. You may not be able to have an upgrade every month, but whenever you do, you can include these designs.

8. Not charge coins for frisbees. Some frisbees required people to pay thousands of coins. And yet, aside from the color design, they had no functional differences. If someone is going to pay for a frisbee, it should have some type of upgraded skill, such as extra magnetic power. Still, I think these frisbees should be offered for free, but obtained when you accomplish a particular level in extraordinary fashion. As an example, there may be two ways to achieve gold on a level, but one path is more difficult. Completing that path earns you a frisbee. Or, there could be a "hidden" path. Unlocking that path nets you the frisbee.

Just my two cents,
    frisbee10461