Fright Fight™: Real-Time Online Multiplayer Fighting Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fright Fight, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Which character is your favorite so far?

1. Werewolf

34 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Grim Reaper

66 vote(s)
    55.9%
  3. Vampire

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Bigfoot

11 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. crimsondivine

crimsondivine Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013

And what about the elementalist mage? :D

2. Fright Fight

Fright Fight Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks for the idea. We will consider that character for future upgrades.

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    The thing is with in-game boosts and upgrade through IAP,this might have a Pay to Win scenario...I don't mind the IAP to buy more content and characters..But paying for advantage is a bit of a turn-off..

4. Fright Fight

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    #44 Fright Fight, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    An example of an in-game boost would be 2x XP for the current match. All boosts will be available for coins (virtual currency) that you will earn after every match.

You cannot simply buy upgrades. Upgrades to character's skills become unlocked after a certain level is reached. Once the upgrade is unlocked they can be "purchased" with coins.

All users will be matched by our matchmaking algorithm to ensure that all matches are fair. You will never face an opponent that is a much higher level than you, unless you invite that player to a match.

5. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Ok that's nice to hear..Thanks for clearing this up..

6. Fright Fight

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    No problem. If you have any other questions write to us here or at [email protected]

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #47 Exact-Psience, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    So if you buy IAP coins, the progress moves way faster, right? Still feels pay2win, but i really hope im wrong here.

But seems like people who do IAP will progress faster and crush everyone early on and progress even further faster which will crush those who progress a little slower more.

Upgrade system is generally really bad for multiplayer UNLESS there is a cap that everyone can reach in a couple days. iOS isnt exactly the play-for-weeks kind of game, so they have to reach the max stats/upgrades fast, or it'll likely feel like pay2win.

But i hope im wrong, coz this looks really good.

8. Fright Fight

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    If you are playing the game you will never face an opponent that is more than a few levels higher than you. Levels 1-3 get matched up, 4-6, etc. The upgrades will not be so drastic. They will not enable you to crush your opponents. The game is focused more on your playing ability rather than the character you are playing with. Everything will be balanced and we will be listening to feedback. Don't worry!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks! Sounds good... It's just that too many online multiplayer games promise balance, but end up failing because of IAP-quickened progress, which just destroy everyone else, and eventually making the game boring for those who didnt buy any IAPs, and then the game just lost players altogether and got forgotten, even with remedies through updates.

For multiplayer to work, it has to from release. Or it wont AT ALL.

10. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    Why don't you just make the game $4.99-$6.99 and release updates where people pay a dollar for extra characters. For special holidays and events you could release free characters. I'm just saying that FF would do much better if it wasn't F2P. People are willing to spend money on a quality game. You should release it with 8-10 characters and release 1-2 a month. You would keep everybody happy and i know I would gladly pay for extra characters. Also, the power ups should be able to be bought with in game money, and they should not give any advantages. You don't want the power ups to break the game. Keep them simple like 2x XP or 2x Gold.

11. Fright Fight

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    We definitely agree with everything that you are saying. We are making sure that everything will be balanced from release and that the game will be fair and fun for all of the users.

12. Fright Fight

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    #52 Fright Fight, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    The "power-ups" are not what everyone is thinking. You will not be able to buy any kind of upgrade that will make the gameplay unbalanced. Everything in the in-app store will be "purchased" with coins (virtual currency). You will receive Coins and XP after every match that you play. The boosts that we are implementing are just what you are saying, 2x XP for that round. All characters will be balanced and will be available through IAPs. We will have 2 free characters to start. Hope that answers your question.

13. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    Will you be able to get the extra characters without paying real money? Can you buy them with coins you earn in game?

14. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Is it possible to add in famous iphone characters like how super smash has Nintendo/ video game characters? Add in Kal Wardin from NOVA, velospide( how however you spell tat dinosaur/spider thing), Guy from League of Evil, etc. It would give a lot more popularity and definitely boost the number of people playing te game.

15. Fright Fight

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Yes, all IAPs will be for coins (virtual currency)

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It isn't that easy...
    But sure, I'd like to see some chars from other iOS games.
    Anyway, as long as the game isn't balanced towards IAP I'm fine. Looking forward to that trailer.

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    So varo whats the metagame here?
    I say go Bigfoot or go home.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Right now I'm between the Grim Reaper and the Werewolf. So far they seem to be the coolest chars in the game IMO.

19. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I want the grim reaper too..Hehe

20. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    But will you be able to get the virtual currency without paying money?