iPad Frenzic is out! Worth 5 bucks?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by risc1, Nov 19, 2008.

1. risc1

risc1 Active Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Frenzic is out and it looks cool!!!
    Is it worth 5 bucks though? Anyone gave this a try yet?

I just got Midnight Bowling like 5 seconds before Frenzic came out and I'm trying to cut down on the spending! :(

But now I wonder if this is really good and worth the added 5 dollars!!! :confused:

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I was wondering the same thing. It looks pretty fun. Has anyone tried it?

3. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I have Frenzic for the Mac and the app looks exactly like it. It's a fun game.... very simple but very, very addicting. I'm really thinking about buying it, too.

4. risc1

risc1 Active Member

Nov 17, 2008
    I really don't mind paying the 5 bucks, I guess. I'm more worried about a price drop though. So I don't know if I should wait a few more days.

I've already been suckered by that! I bought Asphalt 4, Real Football and Guitar Rock Tour the friggin' day before they went down to 7.99! :mad: BOOOOO!

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Same here. I was never too concerned about it before, but it seems to be a trend lately to drop the price after a day or two. It looks worth $5, though.

6. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
  7. AznChaos

AznChaos Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    #7 AznChaos, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    I played the demo its a pretty fun game. I dunno if its addicting yet from the demo but it does look really well done and nicely stylized. I'm not sure its worth 5 bucks from the demo but i would be willing to pay around 3 bucks for it though.

BTW the demo can be accessed by going to frenzic.com on your ipod/iphone

Also I'm curious as to what the full version includes other than what can be played in the demo.

8. sirisaacx

sirisaacx Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    #8 sirisaacx, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    I just got the game. I'll give my impressions tomorrow after I've had some sleep.

9. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I too got the demo, but it's a pretty addicting but CASUAL game. That's one of the reasons i didn't really dish out the cash for Tetris..but the graphics look stunning. I'll wait till it becomes 1.19 or 1.79 :D

10. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    After a bit of waiting I have (of course) purchased the game.

It's professionally done with great graphics, sound and Frenzic online high score integration.

You can try the desktop demo and check if you like the game concept. The iPhone version is even better to play due the touch interface (vs. mouse).

:)

11. tangerine

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Okay, I've been playing the game and I love it. It's much better on the Touch than on the computer version because you can just touch the screen instead of having to use the mouse. I highly recommend this game. I can't stop playing.

Oh, btw, now that I've bought it, look for the price to decrease......<sigh>.... ;-)

12. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    maybe... can be played without needing internet?
    i don't know, i liked the demo but the truth is i just can't pay $5 for this
    maybe i'm too cheap or something

13. tangerine

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    You don't need to access the Internet to play the game. I think it's worth the $5 but maybe there will be a price decrease. Anyway, I enjoy it.

14. AznChaos

AznChaos Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    After playing the demo briefly I found myself wanting to play more. So that said I bought the game. To be honest the actual game doesn't offer that much more from the demo on the site. Albeit the game is much more responsive for the full version of course. For whats there IMO its not worth the 5 bucks but if you get addicted you may consider purchasing it.

BTW I am enjoying it a lot its a strangely fun game.

15. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    On sale 1.99 worth getting it now?

16. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    If you like casual puzzle games get it right now!!

I'd buy it again if possible. :D

17. tangerine

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    It's definitely worth getting. I bought it for $5 and I play it a lot. It's a great game.

18. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    so basically ur trying to make a circle with the pie pieces and you get more pooints for same colour
    is that basically the concept of the game?

19. Leadfoot5

Leadfoot5 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Good lord... I can't keep up. The rate that quality games are being released for this platform is astonishing!!

20. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I bought this when it was $5 and I have no regrets. There isn't a lot of variety to the game, but it's very well made.