iPad Freefall'in vs. iskydive!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AwakenOsiris, Apr 11, 2009.

?

Freefall'in vs. iskydive!

1. Freefall'in

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. iskydive!

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. AwakenOsiris

AwakenOsiris Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    #1 AwakenOsiris, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
    These two games are going head-to-head in the AppStore. Which game is superior. I would like to know what people think about both of these games. Oh, by the way I am new to this forum, glad to join.

2. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Here are some screenshots:
    Freefall'n:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iSkyDive!:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also can you add a poll and can a mod change the title to "Freefall'n vs iSkyDive!".

3. I am of course jaded (being part of the team that developed Freefall'n), but I really see them as different games. I'll be honest, and there is a lot to like about iSkyDive, the developer did a great job, and the production quality seems pretty high. Freefall'n has more of an arcade quality about it. They do share a few similar concepts, but there is plenty to make them different. After all, how many racing games are there on the App Store?

That said, I would love to see someone do an honest head-to-head.

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I'd say freefall'n because you can collect stars and go through hoops on the way down. It looks like in iSkyDive! you just try to land correctly.

5. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Bought both will post later.........

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    iSkyDive my vote

7. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Ok I have not bought either but I am leaning toward freefallin as it looks like you do more in that game. I might buy it later today.

8. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I bought both when they came out and freefall'n is a way better game right now then iskydive! It's not even a contest for me right now. Iskydive doesn't have a shadow which really bothers me and the controls are really hard to get used too. Freefall'n is an easy to learn game and there is a purpose. Not to mention the music in freefall'n gets stuck in your head for hours! Freefall'n gets my vote by far!

9. BlazingLizard

BlazingLizard Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Game Development
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the kind words, BunsenTech. I like FreeFall'N too.

And btw I concur. Yes, both are technically skydiving games but each offers a very different experience.

Turakm,

Our first update, which should go live any day now adds a shadow, extra level, improved (tweakable) controls, and varying goals.

I think both games are easily worth .99!

10. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    iskydive definitely has potential, but with its current controls, i wouldn't recommend it. if the updates improve the controls enough, then its a good buy

11. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Freefall'n gets my vote because, IMO, it has more gameplay elements. iSkydive is great, it just isn't my type of game.

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    in that case, i would say both are extremely good games. just until the update for iskydive, freefall'n is the better buy. but once iskydive gets its update it will be extremely fun too!

13. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I went ahead and bought Freefall'n and will probably end up buying iSkyDive! soon as well.

14. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    so:

freefall'n is (at the moment) way better. i love the menu, and how the instructions were handled. it has more gameplay, unlocking achievements is a great add. controls are really simple and great in use. at this price it's a steal.

iSkyDive... 3d graphics and that's all. menu and music are not the best, but controlling is the worst part. at the moment there is no fun with this title... but update is coming so who knows :)

15. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    Why can't i access Freefall'n in the app store or through appsniper? I've tried 4 different spellings...

16. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
  17. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Weird, I bought it earlier this afternoon, directly from my iPod over wifi. I searched "freef" and it came up right away. ...I'm even also on LI! :eek:

18. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks, i just got it. It really wasn't there 30 minutes ago...

19. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i would say iskydive, freefall'in just bugs me it doesn't look like they tried very hard on the graphics

20. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    after playing iskydive a bit more, its become way easier . . . im not sure i recommend it, but its pretty fun