Freefall

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mudloop, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Mudloop

Mudloop Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Web & Game Developer
    Belgium
    Hi all,

My first iphone game, Freefall, is almost finished. The story is simple: you tripped, and are now falling down a (very long) hole. The goal is to survive as long as possible.

I have uploaded a video on youtube, which you can watch here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cYlf8IexR4

I hope you like it. I'm open to suggestions, because I want to make this game as good as possible. And if you have any questions, I would be glad to answer them.

This is a one-man project. Everything (concept, graphics, coding, music, ...) was done by me.

I'll post some screenshots later.

Thanks for watching!

2. MyLilPWNY

MyLilPWNY Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    looks good when do you think you will be submitting it? and how much is it going to cost?

3. Mudloop

Jul 19, 2009
    Web & Game Developer
    Belgium
    #3 Mudloop, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    Probably next week. Everything is in place, but I still want to do some more testing and tweaking, and possibly implement some new things if I have more ideas (or if anyone has suggestions).

I haven't settled on a price yet. The launch price won't be more than $1.5... Probably $0.99.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks good.
    The last hole theme shown in the video (the green one) looks a bit like you are falling down a plant stem!
    And that made me realise that if it was coloured pink/red instead of green, it would look like the guy travelling through someones body (you know those videos of inside someone's body, i.e - trachea). lol :D

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  6. Mudloop

Jul 19, 2009
    Web & Game Developer
    Belgium
    Thanks eggzbacon.

LBG, you're not the first person mentioning that. Maybe in an update I'll actually add a level like that, but for now I want to play it safe, Apple might find that too obscene.

7. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    wow it looks great! I'd love to make a trailer for your game. PM me if you are interested. I would make it for free of course. I actually am exited to play it though. It looks great visually and the gameplay looks challenging. It might get repetitive, but nothing an update couldn't fix. or maybe even use of in app purchase?

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Are the levels and item placement randomly generated each go?

9. Mudloop

Jul 19, 2009
    Web & Game Developer
    Belgium
    #9 Mudloop, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    indyraider4 : thanks for your offer, I'll send you a pm.

LordGek: the levels are generated procedurally, but will be the same each time (technically speaking, the levels each have a different number that seeds the random value generator). I thought this was better for the highscores, because if the levels are different each time, that could sometimes be an unfair advantage. But I might add a random-mode in an update later.

10. indyraider4

Feb 8, 2009
    how is this as a quick example of what I could make for your trailer. Of course there would be much more, but this is just something quick I put together.

11. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    i like the use of videocopilot |:

12. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    this game looks awesome. Can't wait to play it :D

13. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol, that's just what we need, "Colonoscopy - Deep Exploration Game"

:p

14. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    An endless mode would be pretty sweet with a high score board

15. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I don't know what to think of that story. There's not much a point to it, because he's doomed from the start.

16. Mudloop

Jul 19, 2009
    Web & Game Developer
    Belgium
    Well, I'm saying he's falling towards his doom, but that's for all he knows. Maybe there's a happy ending after all? :)

Anyway, I just had some new gameplay ideas, and I'm looking into implementing them. Different modes (free play/endless play/random levels) are possibilities for an update.

17. indyraider4

Feb 8, 2009
    I personally was hoping for a gigantic, gory, and cinematic splat on the bottom of the when you die.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I know I'd love to play in an Endless (well, as long as you can stay alive, not like Bejeweled Endless where you can never lose) Mode with randomly generated (basically generated on the fly) levels.