freeappaday.com is NOT free for developers!!!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MindJuice, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Johannes

Johannes Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Is there an upvote button next to your name? :p

That is the honest truth. I rarely consider other Indies around me as competitors - just friends who are trying to do the same as me: Make something that sells and people find enjoyable. I rather enjoy seeing other Indies get successful that I have relations with - especially if the case happens to be that their success can be routed into my own success.

It isn't always just about the money... Although arguably the most important, I would go insane if it weren't for fellow Indies who have patted my back when I was down or have propped me up to be something more than I really am.

Although, nobody said they have to look out for the little guy. It is more sensible for a larger corporation to not look out for the little guy anyways - it is always more sensible to look out for the one making you the most money.

But with Indie... There has to be some humanity involved, otherwise you're just another asshole out for profit. Just remember: always somebody willing to go out of business faster than you. If you don't have a perceived quality in your business, there isn't going to be enough motive to stay in business.

Such a fun thread! Who's going to blow up next? :p

2. I contacted you and was not provided with any information on any other sections.

Again, how about saying something on the site like "Please contact us to find out the rates for having your app featured free for a day on the site."

3. Johannes

Sep 1, 2009
    Aww nothing smells of sweet sweet cold hard cash than a reply typed in caps lock and with poor English.

*claps*

4. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    go to the site, their is a section with submission guidelines and advertising oppotunity:

it's right HERE:http://freeappaday.com/info.html

5. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    ICS Mobile, your model is completely falling apart. I have provided links to your previous FREE apps, and they have not recovered. Not only have they lost position in the charts (thus money), but they PAID you for that wonderful opportunity.

Don't make me post the links again. Your model is smoke and mirrors.

6. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    What qualifies you to be featured for free?

7. He can do whatever he wishes, just as I am free to offer my opinion on his business ethics or lack thereof.

Sure. We all know the end justifies the means right? As long as you're making a buck, who cares if you had to mislead people and be dishonest to do it?

8. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    #108 ICS Mobile, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010

9. Johannes

Sep 1, 2009
    Remember those fun little word puzzles that misspelled every word, except for the first and last letter, and you could still read them?

Yeah, that.

edit: Except, weren't those meant to be funny??? *ponders*

10. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    First time developer with a compelling application, meaning other iphone website should have reviewed your app or you have at least 20 user reviews, bottom line you need to have at least 3 stars to be considered. And 2 such developers were already accepted and you will see their apps next week!

11. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    you have 28 post therefore I will ignore you from now on, I doubt you are a developer anyways...otherwise if you go to www.tapjoy.com it would be the end of this discussion because you would have picked up the business model and you would be working to integrate their solution by now, again tapjoy is not my company!

12. Johannes

Sep 1, 2009
    This is kind of funny... You say they need to be quality Apps... why?

Aren't quality Apps enough to get themselves noticed?

Sounds like you're cashing in on other's hard work.

I dare conjecture that App Treasures has the same market placement you're providing. But all you need is a quality App and a tweet over to Noel Llopis.

How about I pay you 100$ and you make the icon 1/6th the size as the rest? :p

13. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    #113 Flickitty, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    Too bad Charmed (MindJuice) meets that criteria.

Even at free, I am not even remotely interested in this. Simply because of what happened with Zombie Pizza.

14. Johannes

Sep 1, 2009
    #114 Johannes, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
    Yes because post count is a guaranteed fool proof methodology to determine if somebody is a developer.

[​IMG]

I never thought that hard before.

Edit: This is the funniest post I ever wrote. I'm still laughing at that picture. I know, I'm crazy. :p

15. Way to completely ignore the point of this thread and use it to try to market your site! You're clearly quite good at whatever it is that you do, and I feel a twinge of regret that this thread may just give you more exposure (you can thank me later).

Everyone gets it that more traffic is a good thing and can be used for marketing, etc. Thanks for the tip. That's a real pearl right there. :p

Is it really so much to ask that you be honest with the public that you are charging developers in order to make their apps free? As long as you are honest about it, then people can make a decision to participate as developers or consumers by their own choice, but I feel they have the right to know.

Thanks.

16. It's not like I think we should all be gathering around the fire singing Cumbaya, but there should be a reasonable expectation of honesty and respect.

If I recall your posts correctly, the steps you took to overcome other developers were to put out a better product. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. That is just honest competition.

17. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    #117 ICS Mobile, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
    Ok for devs who wants to generate income and who can merge different business concepts, and who are interested in monetizing traffic they should integrate the tapjoy sdk

18. Johannes

Sep 1, 2009
    This. Upvote this into the sky.

Ken, thank you for alerting people of this scam. I appreciate your time and effort.

Now somebody please make www.freeindieappaday.com - and, make it free.

Thanks for posting!

/thread

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Jesus Christ, that post might as well be advertising a pyramid scheme for all the respect it's gonna get you.

20. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Well he isn't lying there. The money DOES flow. To HIM.