freeappaday.com is NOT free for developers!!!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MindJuice, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #401 ICS Mobile, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
    FreeAppADay.com Free For Freemium Developers & Polished Apps

Hi guys,

We launched our new FREE Program at the GDC and we are now free for high quality Freemium developers as well as some select polished apps with no up front fee! We take a developers 7 days average prior to launching a FAAD Campaign as a baseline and we work on a small rev share above that baseline for a single month!During that month, the small rev share only kicks in if we help you generate more cash than you generated on average before your faad campaign. So as long as your application is polished we will make you earn more cash with absolutely no risk involved!

Chop Chop Ninja for instance who is not a freemium app, still benefited from the program because the application was very very polished!They came to us ranked #100 selling at 99cents in adventures and following their FAAD campaign they are now ranked ~#25 selling at $2.99!!!

We have some major restrictions in a sense that we only accept 3 stars + rated apps with at least 20 reviews and it's preferable if the game was rated by iphone sites such as toucharcade or theappera. However if an application is highly highly polished we will still promote it. Other developers can always go to FreeAppCalendar or FreeGameoftheday but my suggestion is to ask them to give you a clear path to profitability, because going free is one thing but maximizing the experience is another.

Our monetization process has been perfected to the point that we are able to guarantee higher revenue. Once an app has been approved we prescribe our developer partners with 3 possible options to maximize their campaigns

One of the monetization strategy involves one of our new MAJOR PARTNER and anyone living on earth with a PC is familiar with the company ;)! (The press release will be out in a few weeks, Pam and Glen don't share the info please ;))

Bottom line as long you have a polished app, following our advanced monetization processes we can guarantee you higher revenues!!

And by the way, read Pam and Glenn's posts they explained pretty clearly one of our options though it has further been refined since they ran their campaign.

FreeAppADay.com now also owns FreeiPadAppADay.com and we will launch with the iPad on day one with a MAJOR BANG!

FAAD

If you are interested just use the contact section of the site to apply!

2. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #402 Therealtrebitsch, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    I know it is an old thread, but I just found it (All hail the search button!).

I don't know what some people are thinking.
    They develop games to earn money, but they attack others, who try to do the same with another concept.

If some people here are so disgusted, why they don't make such a site and let everyone use it for free?

Ah, because you can't make such a site? Because you have no time for it? Because you have no clue, how to promote it? Because you have no clue, how to get partners? Because you have no clue about marketing and running a business?

Then let it be, but if others do have all the stuff, then they are also right to earn money with it.

You have the right to choose if you use it or not.

Everybody screams here for community and helping eachother, but honestly, I don't see many people here DOING anything for it, but only ASKING for it.

I will use the site and I made a contract with them and if it is good, I am happy to pay the fee and if not, I have learned my lesson.

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

it's been done.

4. Therealtrebitsch

Mar 2, 2010
    Good.

And why I see empty spaces on those sites, while no empty spaces on freeappaday?

Anyways, all good samaritans should be happy now and let others make money how they want.

The concept seems to work if there are so many copy cats.

And by the way: even the free ones try to make money with advertisements paid by developers... is this whole therad then not a bit sanctimonious?

5. Therealtrebitsch

Mar 2, 2010
    #406 Therealtrebitsch, Apr 14, 2010
    No gaps... just on March 7,8,9 and this is only the visible page. Who knows, how many were empty previously.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for freeappaday nor for the others, I just have the feeling that some peole are simply jelous here. That's all.

I run a site which gives developers advantage for free and I was also attacked many times, so I just can feel the pain, when you try to do something to help others and some idiots try to pull you down, just because they are not as successfull.

And to be honest, I think, the OP is a big jerk and wanted only to promote his site on the cost of the competition.

6. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Good grief! This again?! There are a number of sites offering similar services, some free, some not, with varying degrees of success. Developers have a choice & that's all there is to it.

7. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    The site launched on March 10th. They've had an app every day since. And the site didn't exist when he started this thread, he created it in response to the very strong sentiments and support he gained in this and similar threads.

8. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Just wanted to point out that the empty slots are the days PRIOR to the launch of FreeAppCalendar. There has never been a "gap" since the site officially launched.

Name calling? Really? I believe the OP was originally incensed to learn that FreeAppADay wanted $1200 to run an app on their site without actually documenting anywhere that they would be charging developers for the service. That's what started all of this. Not jealousy, outrage at being baited and switched. And the name calling is something I would expect on other sites, but not in the TA developer forums. You're welcome to your opinion, of course, but how about stating it in a tactful, non-insulting way?

Q

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #410 Vovin, Apr 14, 2010

Well, I guess you've just made a jerk of yourself... ;)

And... reading the whole thread would have helped you big time...

10. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    This must be the easiest thread in this forum to troll.

Nothing like riling up half the people in this forum with a ninja bump w/ a new account every few weeks.

This thread should be closed imo. Discussion has been long over.

11. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    Agreed
    Agreed

12. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    #413 Harpgliss, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Hi,

Someone please close Pandoras Box.

Nothing to be seen here folks, please move along.

David

13. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Agreed, someone close this worthless piece of junk.

14. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Well, the only reason FAAD is so popular is because they have good apps. Anyone know Across Age, or creeps, or I think... Real TOwer Defense. Now they also got astroranch. They defenitiely have the best apps.

15. YOMANx

YOMANx Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    Guys openfeints freegameoftheday.com really free for developers?

16. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Nope. They take money after you make your app paid again. They also take money from IAP's.

17. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    They take a percentage of your profits after the promotion. There's no fee to take place, but you end up giving them a scaling amount of money afterwards. The only one that's completely free is freeappcalendar.com

18. Appy_Entertainment

Appy_Entertainment Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Brand Director
    Carlsbad, CA
    The revenue we shared with OpenFeint for putting Zombie Pizza on their free service was based on incremental improvement of daily sales versus our sales in the run-up to the promotion. It's a fair deal, happy we did it.

19. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    This is how FAAD has worked ever since shortly after we went with them in early March so while it's "not free for developers" it is as free as at least one of it's major competitors.