[Free] Vorn's Adventure

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by elzabbul, Mar 6, 2019.

1. elzabbul

elzabbul Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    [​IMG]
    Hello, I just wanted to drop a message that I released my first game on Android! It's called Vorn's Adventure, it's a 3D platform game in style of classics such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro or Ratchet.

You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.konradzaba.VornsAdventure

Features:
    • 7 levels (+1 hidden!), old school boss fight at the end and some cutscenes
    • 5 different quality levels to support a variety of devices
    • no ads or anything: it's free!
    • achievements

Some screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. elzabbul

elzabbul Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    I thought that since there are only screens from gameplay available and well... you're looking almost all the time at the characters back :D, it would be nice to show you a screen from cutscene :)

[​IMG]

3. elzabbul

elzabbul Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    Hello, a new patch was released for the game which improves the performance as well as resolution of some textures. I hope you'll give it a try!

4. elzabbul

elzabbul Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    New patches were released addressing the issue with random crashes at menu. And the game has now a website: bit.ly/vornweb

5. elzabbul

elzabbul Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    Hey, I just wanted to drop a message that the game is finally patched and works far better than before. No additional patches in plan, so the project can be considered "finished" now :)

6. elzabbul

elzabbul Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    Hey, I wanted to show you a cool feature that I added in the newest patch - dynamic resolution. The effect is great, it allows to balance the resolution against the GPU performance. Of course, it won't fix CPU related issues, but this works perfect for all GPU related slowdowns.

At first it starts with max resolution equal to 1280x720.
    [​IMG]

Then after a while where new area starts to be visible it goes down to 1227x691
    [​IMG]

Once water reflections are there, it goes to lowest resolution possible 534x300 to keep reasonable performance.
    [​IMG]
    Next when there are still reflections rendered but less models in scene it goes up to 628x354.
    [​IMG]
    And it ends with native 1280x720.
    [​IMG]

7. elzabbul

elzabbul Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    Hello, I wanted to show you how different levels of quality work in the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]