iPad Free Towers - complete TD?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by coconutbowling, Feb 14, 2009.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    [app]Free Towers[/app] just came out as a "lite" version of power towers. What's odd is the description says it's complete and ad-free. Anyone want to play spot the difference?

2. appreviewer

appreviewer Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    haha, not now (im MOBILE), but lets see what difference there actually is...

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i dont know, but im not even gonna try it.

4. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    I don´t know if there are any difference between them, tried Towers Free and you get to use all towers and stuff. Filesize differs between versions Free is 5,0 mb and Power is 4,9 so it is probably not exactly the same. Different maps? Still didn´t find it any special so won´t buy Power version.

5. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Why not? It's not too bad, I liked it better than the Circuit Defender demo.

6. rich

rich Member

Feb 18, 2009

Free Towers has four basic tower types (same as field runners?). PowerTowers has nine (?). My latest trick is using bombs late in the game. If you can time the explosion well they can do a lot of damage. No bombs in Free Towers.

PowerTowers also adds four more creep types. Best IMO are viruses. A friend is trying to defend back, giving viruses time to multiply, thus killing more for more money. PowerTowers also has options like game speed control and a bunch of features like terrain (rocky patches and hills).

It's obviously inspired by Desktop Tower Defense. You build a tower-maze path for the creeps, instead of the preset path of most TDs, the tiles are quarter-tower sized (like DTD and unique for iphone?), the artwork is basic, and the gameplay is similar.

7. iPhoneUser

iPhoneUser Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Is the game endless?

I don't see any documentation with the game. Is it endless? If not, how may rounds are there and how can you tell?

Thanks!