[FREE] Space Quest RPG!

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by mmztech, Mar 22, 2015.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This game looks much better than it is. The performance is less than optimal and the design of the levels are confusing. I wish the developer would spend more time on it before release.

2. mmztech

mmztech Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    #3 mmztech, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    You tested with a Nexus 7 and want performance? Sorry man this game was developed for highend devices (year 2013-2015) not outdated (year2011-2012), and I already released 2 updates with performance gains. The game runs 45-60fps on my device test and if you see in the reviews theres more ppl that like than ppl that doesn´t, but thanks for your opinion.

Btw its a 1man project and I will keep supporting this with new features, tweaks and balances (I already release 2 updates).

3. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #4 ScotDamn, Mar 29, 2015
    Actually my Nexus 7 is a 2013 device with far better performance. ;-)

Device still doesn't explain the bad design.

I stand by my initial post. If you don't won't feedback, don't release a game!

4. mmztech

Jan 9, 2012
    Yeah if you dont like the game and the design it´s fine and you have the right ;) I questioned about the performance issue. And I will keep releasing games for sure, its my living now and going good for the last 4-5 years ;)

5. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I checked out the update. Everything mostly runs at a high 60 FPS. So I take back my performance comment.

I like the idea of the game, but the execution isn't there. It's mildly entertaining as is, but I wish it was polished more. For example I have no clue where to go after completing the first mission. Also the controls are really floaty and should be much tighter. It also seems the game is blatantly geared towards IAP. Making money is fine, but not when it effects the balance of gameplay and progress. You should give players more breathing room like upgrading their gun or simply buying health packs so I'll want to invest more into the game. There's a lot in the "shop" that I can't even mess with because I don't have any currency, despite grinding.

The only reason I even commented in the first place was because I liked the idea of what you have laid out so please don't take offense.

6. mmztech

Jan 9, 2012
    #7 mmztech, Mar 29, 2015
    Now its a great feedback ;) I´m working in a craft system (player will scavenge stuff and transform into useful items), I´m doing some tweaks on controls and working in a tutorial before the game starts. I will try balance the grind factor but I just inspired in 16bits final fantasy games that you have to make some grind (battles) to earn money and XP, but I know the world is changing and ppl dont have now much time to play a game.

Thanks in advance for your time to write all this and I will work asap on those ideas to release more updates soon.

PS: Sorry my english.