FREE Promotion Codes for Lunarcy for iPhone and iPod touch

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by the FABRIK, Aug 10, 2009.

1. the FABRIK

the FABRIK Well-Known Member

That's it!

And time!

We're now voting for the 3 best entries.

2. the FABRIK

The winners are...

Thanks all for entering our promotion! We enjoyed reading the entries. :cool:

So, the following people have won their free Promotion Code:

• drelbs
    • ValentineNicole
    • upsidedown

Congrats! We'll start PM'ing the Promotion Codes in the next minutes. Enjoy playing Lunarcy! And thanks again for participating!

the FABRIK

[​IMG]

3. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yes! I won because i had the stupidest post ever!!:)

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yay!

I can't wait to play this one!

5. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Waiting for some reviews, looks like a cool game.

6. ValentineNicole

ValentineNicole Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Yes! I can't wait to try it out! Thanks so much!!

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Im waiting for a good impression before i buy this, just saying "this is great" wont cut it

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I wrote the mini review on page 3 of this topic... if you want more a more in-depth insight on a particular aspect let me know.

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    read it, doesnt really help with the aspect if i should buy it or not..but still better than most peoples

10. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    It's clear you like it, but what is the purpose of the game? How is it accomplished? and what makes it fun? ;)

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I'll admit it was more of a short burst of happiness rather than a professional review... I like to keep 'em short and sweet for iTunes.

Anyway, a big draw of the game for me is the nostalgia, so if you've never played games on the Spectrum/Amstrad/Amiga or stuff like that then it may not have the same appeal.

Basically you're the little green ship, and the blue coloured ones are docks orbiting the planet. All you have to do is fly up, connect with the dock (or each dock if there are several) then land safely back on the planet. It's made quite a bit more difficult than it sounds by the extremely limited fuel... holding the thrust for about *goes to time it*... 2.5 seconds is enough to empty the whole tank and fail the mission.

To combat this, you need to use the planets gravity to your advantage, tap the thrust very quickly and use micro touches on the direction buttons/thrust to get yourself into orbit. Once you're there you'll be rotating around the planet without using any fuel. Then you need to continue with the "micro taps" (the random phrase I just invented for really quick touches) to line yourself up with the dock and connect. Then it's just a case of separating yourself from the dock and landing back on the planet. When you have multiple docks you can land back on the planet between docking to refuel, but it costs precious points. Level variation is mainly things like number of docks, their distance, speed, whether or not they rotate as they orbit and so on.

Surprisingly, the music is awesome. It only starts once you lift off but it's got a real "retro-mini-space-adventure" kinda feel to it, and if your fuel gets low it changes to a much more tense track which is pretty exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time.

Other than that, there's really not all that much more to the gameplay. It is very simple, but it's beautifully done and feels really polished.

I can't think of much else to say (headache :mad:) but I could have a go at making a short video of the gameplay unless someone else can find one.

12. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    great review but seems like this is one of those times i have to see gameplay before buying

13. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    MidianGTX thanks for that. I think I get the gist of it. I looked around for a video but couldn't find one, you could be the one ;)

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #54 MidianGTX, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    Processing right now. Apologies in advance for only showing the simplest levels but it's damn hard trying to play when your tripod consists of a stack of dvds and a phone case.

The final level in the video just requires you to get into perfect orbit, you have to hit all of the stars without touching the controls. You get to hear the panic music a bit too :)

Oh, and the video is in portait view since... that's the shape of the iPod.

Done:

As I said it's a simple game, but it's really quite charming and requires some good old-school gaming practice if you wanna hit the big points.

15. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    cool thanks for this and very weird looking game

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Vid's two posts up in case you miss it :)

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Awesome, but touchy, game! ;)

First off, wow!

Second, thanks for the promo code - after seeing the information about this game, I would have bought it if I hadn't made the 2nd round of codes... :)

I have to say I like everything about this game - music, sound, layout is great. The controls are easy, but learning how to play this game properly is not. (A good thing, IMHO). Be prepared to use very little bursts of thrust. In fact I think this game would have worked well with a 2x slowdown mode, allowing for "more" thrust to be used before you go spinning off into space... (I think things actually get a tad easier with planets that have more gravity.)

This game is much more like what I was expecting out of GraviTicks - a game where you have limited fuel, and have to take advantage of gravity as in real life, kinda like the old board game TriPlanetary.

There are some nice touches, like how the music really kicks in once you're off the planet.

Well, that's my impressions after a few levels - I'll be back after I get some more game play in. ;)

18. the FABRIK

Thanks!

Wow, thanks a lot for the enthusiastic replies to the promotion! I'll relay this to my collegues to discuss a possible extension but only if there is a demand for this?

Are there people in dire need for a promotion extension?

19. DOG87

DOG87 Well-Known Member

i really would like to get one.

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am. I am another old guy who loves older games. I would like to check out the game with a promo code if possible.