FREE Promotion Codes for Lunarcy for iPhone and iPod touch

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by the FABRIK, Aug 10, 2009.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I would like to play it because name is pretty cool sounding and I love the logo. :)

EDIT: I am so not awake right now...

2. the FABRIK

the FABRIK Well-Known Member

The winners are...

Wow, you people really know how to persuade! :)

After a 5-man voting round the following people have won their free Promotion Code:

• Shermy808
    • IpodLady
    • eggzbacon
    • MidianGTX
    • dpl8

Congrats! We'll start PM'ing the Promotion Codes in the next minutes. Enjoy playing Lunarcy!

the FABRIK

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Once again, i WIN~!!

4. dpl8

dpl8 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    UK
    Yay! Thank you

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  6. dpl8

dpl8 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    UK
    The graphics are awesome, it plays really smoothly. It seems quite a cool game to play...
    ... unfortunately, i'm so rubbish and keep crashing the ship

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #27 MidianGTX, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    Wow! This game rocks! I love the simple retro style and challenging gameplay. It reminds me of all those Spectrum/CPC games I used to play as a kid, where I'd boot the game up and die... and die... and die... and finally completing the first level was a huge success and cause for celebration. This game isn't quite as difficult as those, but it definitely requires practise and some level repetition.

There's only one thing I'm not too keen on, but it's only a tiny thing... I prefer icons when they're the default square shape. Have the light grey squares showing up behind the ship and it'd look awesome in my opinion.

I would gladly have paid for this app if I hadn't won a promo, so any other retro fans reading this should be putting it into serious consideration.

Love the game! I hope you do more games in this modernized-retro style because they're quite the rage among us nerds :)

Edit: I should add that this is what I just posted on the app store, I've only been playing it 5 minutes but I already consider it a 5-star app :D

8. the FABRIK

We have 3 EXTRA free Promotion Codes ready for LUNARCY for iPhone and iPod touch!

As a result of your enthusiasm, I'm allowed to give away 3 extra Promotion Codes!

We have 3 EXTRA free Promotion Codes ready for LUNARCY for iPhone and iPod touch!

To get a free Promotion Code, reply to this thread and tell us why you would like to play Lunarcy.

• This promotion closes today, August 10th 2009, at 11:59 AM PDT.
    • The Promotion Codes only work in the US AppStore.
    • The best 3 entries win and will be contacted.

To check out our game, go to Lunarcy at the iTunes AppStore.

[​IMG]

9. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

I'd like to give it a shot because I've always secretly wanted to pilot a real-life nine-pixel space ship. But my parents always held me back. :(

10. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    If you dont i be a lunatic

11. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Lillies
    Underneath
    Nevada
    Airships
    Respect
    Combustible
    Yetis.

That is why I would like to play this game.

12. DOG87

DOG87 Well-Known Member

I want to play this game because it looks really great and i love space flight like games

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    the FABRIK could you tell me what the colours on the level select icons mean? I assume one is better than the other but I can't tell which.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I would like to play Lunarcy because I still play games like Gravitar and Thrust on my Atari 2600!

15. the FABRIK

#35 the FABRIK, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    Of course.

A white icon means you've unlocked that level and is now ready for play. When the icon is green it means you've completed that level. When it's yellow, it means you've completed the level almost perfectly. :)

The black ones are to be unlocked.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    That's what I was afraid of haha, I've only got one yellow.

17. the FABRIK

Yeah, they're the pro achievements. :D

Here at the studio, I and a collegue of mine are the only ones who finished the game with all levels yellow. Hard, but not impossible.

18. ValentineNicole

ValentineNicole Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I would LOVE (not like, hehe) to play Lunarcy because I'm on vacation in Missouri to see my sick grandparents. Unfortunately, I came down with a cold, and I'm not allowed to visit because of it - so my days are filled w/ lying in bed in a hotel room alone. A free game that can entertain me would be amazing! Plus, I'll gladly leave a review and rating! :)

19. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I would like a code because yesterday i was sitting on my couch, eating potato chips. Then something very exciting happened. I accidentally knocked my potato chips off the couch! They spilled all over the floor! As i got up off of the couch to pick them up, i crunched some under my feet. After if inished cleaning up, i took my chip covered socks off, squeezed the grease out, and donated the grease to McDonalds so that they could keep making theyr'e lovely fries. Apparently they wee so happy, they gave me a free kids meal toy in exchange! This is why i NEED a promo code for this game. Its sad because i find this as an exciting adventure.

20. willmeek

willmeek Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    One of reasons I enjoying game so much as an adult is the great rush of memories I get from my childhood. My first system was Pong in the 70's. So, yes... I'm an old guy! Not really.... only 45. So, I have many memories of different systems and games over a four decade timeline.

Maybe because I loved the 8o's... ya know Flock of Seagulls, Human League, Generation X, the Ramones, and DEVO, Bruce, crazy hair, and zipper pants, I love the games from then. I think it's for this reason that I gravitate to retro games on all my systems and the iPhone is no exception.

I also love sharing the music I listened to and the type of games I played with my 16 year old boy. Of course, until recently, he hated all of the music. Now, all of the sudden, Bob Marley and the Wailers, the Stones, and the Clash among many others are cool. He had a hard time relating to retro games as well as all of his gaming memories are from XBOX and PS2 and later but appreciates them and their importance in have shaped gaming of today.

Lunarcy looks like a fun, well made game that's sure to bring me back to great times and give me another opportunity to share an "old school" game with my son. LOL.

Thanks for contest and good luck with Lunarcy.