FREE! My kickass learning game is FREE all weekend ( PARENTS don't miss it )

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by nickmarks, Jun 30, 2012.

1. nickmarks

nickmarks Active Member

May 18, 2011
  2. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    #2 O'Doyle, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Hey thanks, nickmarks! My 2-year-old daughter and I will give this a shot tomorrow morning—it looks great. I especially love the retro art direction. Maybe it's because I'm over 35, but I seem to be a sucker for big, blocky pixels these days :)

~od

3. nickmarks

nickmarks Active Member

May 18, 2011
    HA! I am 35 too. Us old timers have to stick together. Yah it took me a long time to develop the style. I wanted something iconic for kids but also cool for parents:)

You will have a blast with your daughter. Here are some reviews for it.

http://www.coopplay.com/reviews.html

I know you have never played a game like it with your daughter. Post a review here when you are done! I want to make a ton more like and want to know what people think!

Nick

4. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Will do, man. She's REALLY advanced for 2; we'll see if she's a quick study with it :)

Now, if you could only make a sequel for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd personal pronouns, near and far demonstratives, common prepositions, etc.

There are a bajillion ABC apps, but she's known those for a year now. She can count to 20 in English and French, but I just can't get her past referring to herself in the third person, hehe...

5. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Teacher, writer
    Japan
    I'll try it with my 3 year old this weekend. I'll post impressions. Thanks!

6. nickmarks

nickmarks Active Member

May 18, 2011
    Sensei - awesome! That is great age. You will have a blast!

7. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Teacher, writer
    Japan
    She's actually 3 next month and she had a lot of fun with the game. She didn't understand the phonics so much but that will come in time. Once she learned she could just keep mashing the high-five it was hard to get her to focus on looking at the letters. I love the concept and the art style. When she gets a bit older I'll give it another go.

My few comments:

The hit detection on the evil witch is kind of hit or miss. My daughter got her a few times and it didn't register. That was a bit frustrating for her.

For my little one it would be great if to move onto the next section something other than the high five could be done. Not sure what exactly and I know you need to make it easy for "big kids" rather than adults.

On that note, it would be nice if I cold tell the game I was a father and not a big kid.

But I think the game is fine just the way it is. She may not have fully understood it, but my daughter loved playing it with me. You did a great job on this one. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.