Free Memory...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sambo110, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
  2. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    yeah, I bought it. Works very well, although we're all still waiting for the 1.5 version. Quite amazing how bad the inbuilt memory management of the iphone is, with it leaving big progs open consuming memory.

As long as your above 4mb but below 20mb, it's able to clear a decent amount of memory. I used to reboot my iphone nearly every other day. Now I don't reboot it at all. Just check my memory on free memory. If it gets below 4mb, I just open Safari or mail, then force close them with holding the home button for about 5 seconds. if it's under 20mb but over 4mb then I use the free memory button.

A more detailed battery indicator as well.

One of my most used apps, all for 59p

3. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Which will be taken out in 1.5 :(.

4. Need

Need Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    It is really really useful! After I downloaded it, I understand why I had to reboot my phone every 2 days or so. It starts out at 40 something Mb of RAM and slowly go down to 30.. 20...15... and under 5. Now I just keep checking it after every app and clear the memory if it is under 20.

I would love the next version to clear 30 Mb.. but I like the battery indicator.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Strangly, I got it but never needed it. I've got 7 pages of apps (heavy duty games, mostly), use 'em frequently, and I'm always at 30 megs of ram. :confused:

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I got Free Memory at the start and even hinted about putting a battery indicator back then. To my pleasure one was added later. But now it will taken out with updated version 1.5. Question is why does Apple not allow an indicator for the battery when Free Memory gauges memory within the Touch/iPhone? There is one other type of battery indicator but its a graph type app and not sure if it actually gauges battery levels, other than that, none exist. So why a no-battery level indicator policy such as Free Memory iTunes description states?

7. manolis

manolis Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    USA
    Of course you can always get a battery meter if you jailbreak........ hehehe :D

8. TheOnePb

TheOnePb Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland
    #8 TheOnePb, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    Batterylog

I don't get it. Why can and is Batterylog [clickable] allowed and does Free Memory need to remove it?
    I want batterylog but it's too expensive!

[​IMG]

Yea but this one is legal?

edit: thread on TA!! [click]:)