[FREE] Food Run - An Endless Running Adventure

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by ssg, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ssg

ssg New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    #1 ssg, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    This game is based on a research by the Yale University which proves that playing games that promote healthy eating may actually change eating behaviors. This game is built to promote healthy eating while giving you a fun time.

In this game, you run, jump and eat through an endless exciting adventure, eating healthy natural foods and avoiding processed, unhealthy ones. Eating unhealthy will make you obese, while on the other hand, eating healthy will make you fitter and stronger. Try to stay fit and run as far as you can.

> Compete with Friends: Integrated with Google Play Game Services
    > Unlock several exciting achievements
    > Unlock Secret Achievements
    > HINT: Ice Level when you run above 45000 units

NOTE: Please download it only if your phone has atleast 1 GB of RAM.

LINK: Download
    TED-Salon Talk: http://talentsearch.ted.com/video/Shivam-Gupta-age-16-My-game-to;TEDBangalore

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mission

We want people to stop eating unhealthy! Today millions of people die because of preventable diseases caused by unhealthy food choices. We can stop that! You just need a little willpower and you can make those necessary changes to your eating habits. We hope you'll put down that french fries and opt for an apple instead :)

"I came across the so called 'advergames', I prefer to say- 'evil games'. Evil games are videogames that are developed by big fast food companies to brain wash little children into liking their junk-food. Studies have shown that these games increase children's consumption of junk-food by 56%. This is an alarming statistic. You believe it or not, but as you read this webpage, a child dies due to child obesity because of the landscape of food we've built around them. Gaming is quite a powerful tool, and I wanted to use this incredibely powerful tool to make a change in this world. Save these innocent children's lives and protect the Earth from deadly obesity crisis. Now, I know that playing health-promoting videogames most certainly won't bring down child obesity dramatically but it will help. The study conducted by the Yale University also showed that children who played games that promote healthy eating ate less junk food. There are thousands of games built by junk-food companies, wouldn't it be really nice if health-promoting games come out more often?" - Shivam Sai Gupta (Developer)

This game required a lot of time, effort and money. We seek to recuperate atleast some of it by offering in-app purchases and non-annoying ads. We put user-experience above ads and hence there are no hovering banner ads; they will only appear after you finish playing for a few times.

2. ssg

ssg New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    bump

Feel free to provide feedbacks.