Universal [FREE] Bloody Aliens ( by CrywolfDigital )

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Crywolf_Digital, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Crywolf_Digital

Crywolf_Digital Active Member

Dec 16, 2014
    #1 Crywolf_Digital, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    ***** NEW UPDATE IS OUT NOW *****

Hi,

We have just released a free version of our game ‘Bloody Aliens’. We have spent half a year working on the free version, improving the game with a brand new upgrade system, new weapons, updated gameplay, Gamecenter and much more.

About the game, it’s a cartoon, over the top arcade game set in a space with a lot of cartoon gore and lot of weapons. It’s a fast paced, skill based game where you have to constantly get better to be able to progress and unlock new weapons.

So if you didnt get a chance to play previous version of the game ( removed from the Appstore now ), please give this one a go. It’s free :)

We are attaching images of the game and a link to the trailer. If you need any information or help with anything from our side, please dont hesitate to contact us.

Link to the Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1007255326

Image1: http://i.imgur.com/HYyCYmn.jpg
    Image2: http://i.imgur.com/ZoEFkHd.png
    Image3: http://i.imgur.com/ByOWmIu.jpg
    Image4: http://i.imgur.com/vcM7gLc.png
    Image5: http://i.imgur.com/VS9QCAC.png

Link to the story trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcaj4-xrg9Y
    Link to the gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y6cUyp7VIM

Here are our social links :

OFFICIAL TWITTER
    https://twitter.com/Crywolf_Digital

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK
    https://facebook.com/crywolfdigital

WEBSITE
    http://www.crywolfdigital.com/BloodyAliens.html

Best Regards
    LukasPenkava

Attached Files:

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    This happens all too often when you buy a game on the AppStore anymore. The game doesn't sell well for whatever reason and gets pulled and re released as a F2P game. I understand that devs are just trying to get their game in as many hands as possible, but it sucks for the people that DID support them during those tough times. I'm sure the devs thought about that and for whatever reason, it made more sense for their company to pull the paid version instead of adding a free version along with the paid version, but this is why it's getting tougher and tougher to support premium games on the AppStore. You never know if the game you just bought will be there the next day.

3. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014
    #3 Crywolf_Digital, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    @NOEN

Unfortunately not many people did support us, so it doesnt realy suck for anyone. Also you talk about our game as if we just rereleased the game, which is not true. We spent half year working on the game making it much better game than it was and now its for free on top of it. Huge amount of effort went into the game for this release, so if we did anything, then it was make much better game and made it free so more people can enjoy it.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Oh, I wasn't talking bad about the game at all. I actually downloaded it this morning. It's not your fault on the situation. That's just how the market is right now, but it IS getting tougher and tougher to support devs nowadays. You never know what's going to happen. It's a double edge sword. If you support the dev and buy their game, you run the risk of the game not getting attention and being pulled or not supported anymore or brought back as a F2P title, but if you DONT support the dev, then one of those three mentioned is enevidable. No matter what somebody is not going to be happy. I guess it's the nature of the beast. It just sucks for the people that do support indie devs and these things happen.

I'm not knocking your game at all. I think I paid a buck for it and probably got my dollars worth of entertainment out of it anyway. I downloaded the game this morning and I'll try and leave some imps on this version after I play it a little. I dont want to turn your thread into a rant about the market.

5. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014
    @NOEN

thanks a lot you downloaded and actualy played the game, that grants you right to rant as you want :) But i understand what you are saying and you are right. Unfortunately the situation with Appstore is for devs now very difficult unless you have big publisher behind you. Removal of new category on the Appstore basicly means you have to rely only on the marketing, which proves very difficult to do unless you have huge budget on your own. So even tho we for example spent almost 2 years working on the game (not fulltime tho) and we realy poured our souls into the game, its very hard to get noticed with the flood of the games. So when you try to release the game as paid version and barely anyone notices you, you have to do something. Unfortunately this is the situation for absolute majority of the devs. We could hardly do anymore for the game we did now for the free version, so we will see if at least someone will play it. We would just love people to at least try the game and hopefully enjoy the game as any dev, but it gets harder every year. Anyways, enough of my own rant :) I didnt took it as something offensive what you said, i just tried to explain that the situation for the devs is hard and they have to do what they can. If we would have user base of 20 000 people who paid for the game we wouldnt take it down, but that wasnt the case. If you sell 20 000 copies of paid game even for $1, its already considered quite big succes. So keep in mind that indie devs usualy scrape pennies, unless they hit the jackpot throught Appstore feature or some big review site covers them.

Anyways, we got that covered :) If you will get a chance to play the game, please let us know what you think. We are grateful for any feedback. Thanks.

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I gave this version a go and I have to say that I prefer this version BETTER! Lol, I will admit when I'm wrong. Not too many times that I prefer the free version over the paid version. I like all the upgrades to work for in the game now. There's a ton of them. It gives me more reason to play besides just a high score. I like how the ads are implemented also. So far, I haven't seen any, except for voluntarily watching them for coins.

Great job! I hope this version works out for you guys!

7. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014
    haha, thats great, thanks a lot. This means a lot to us.

8. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014
  9. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014
    We are preparing new update with gameplay fixes and improvements. Let us know if there is something you would like to see in new update.

10. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014
  11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #11 LordShad0wz, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Ok I sat down with the game for an hour to give it a proper play through. Here's what I think.

What I like:

The frantic fast pace gameplay. Nice job. It ramps up quickly but not too aggressively. I like that. It makes it fun!

No ads that I've seen.

No energy timers. Thank goodness. I can actually play when I want! This design choice alone made me purchase the $.99 coin pack.

The different weapons and combat mechanisms like bouncing the meteors while blasting the alien ships. There is something very gratifying blasting the alien ships lol. I love the guns!

I like the upgrade and I like how the base upgrades cannot be bought, they must be earned! Excellent design choice! This is not pay to win.

The replayability. There's always something to strive for. There's always your last score to beat! There is infinite replayability.

The price. It's free. The prices for the coins in the store are very reasonable and affordable. The game is designed to be accessible to pretty much everyone.

What I didn't like:

The controls. I kept getting very frustrated. They aren't sensitive enough. There is no sensitivity slider in options. Why use the sliding mechanism? Why not have the left side of the screen turn left and the right side turn right? It would allow for perfect turning.

There's no coin doubler IAP that is restorable in the store? A lot of people will not purchase consumable IAP. You are cutting out those customers. I can tell you I would purchase a coin doubler for sure.

Cloud saves. If you are asking for non restorable, consumable, IAP then you have to have cloud back up because what if I spend $10 on coins and then my device breaks or I upgrade? I will lose everything. If there is cloud saving I don't see it in the game anywhere.

Overall it's a good game. I mostly had fun. The control system did give me some frustration but that can always be adjusted. Maybe if you just add a sensitivity slider.

Billy

12. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014
    Hi,

thanks for the awesome feedback. We are glad you enjoyed playing our game and thanks a lot for the inapp purchase :)

To adress some of your points
    -Controls sensitivity is big issue, we had a lot of feedback that controls are too sensitive and that they are not sensitive enough. The thing is if you add sensitivity settings, game will be in later stages unplayable if someone sets the sensitivity too low. So our goal was to find some happy medium and mostly make sure the game can be played with same settings on low and high difficulty. Its better if player will get used to some given controls and knowing he will be able to progress with that further rather constanly having to ajdust it as he progresses through the game.

-We would love to add more inapps and actual features like powerups etc to the game, but that requires whole new interface and functionality implemented, so we will do that if the game will take off a little bit. We would definitely love to do much more for the game and have a lot of plans :)

-You are right, Cloud saves should be implemented, but it was on our side matter of resources. Its as well one of high priority features to implement in next major update.

Again, thanks a lot for your feedback, it helps us greatly. We will let you know when we will plan some major update with more features.

Luke

13. Crywolf_Digital

Dec 16, 2014