Free-App Hero 2.0 reduced

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Herosoft Ltd, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Herosoft Ltd

Herosoft Ltd Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2010
    #1 Herosoft Ltd, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    After a lot of experimenting to find out optimum pricing levels (short version: at relatively low sales volumes price seems to make next to no difference), we've settled on an ongoing standard of Tier 3 for our popular and unique 5-star-rated freebie-filter Free-App Hero, where it will stay for most of the future. However, today it's been temporarily reduced to Tier 2 to celebrate passing 800 games featured.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Remember, though - if you'd rather have it for absolutely nothing, Free-App Hero Core Edition is permanently free, and comes with the opportunity to disable ads just by clicking one a week.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/free-app-hero-ce/id413863332?mt=8

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    oO

Really... I have no problems going through the garbage on AppShopper to find the good stuff myself... =oP

No way I'm paying someone else to do it for me... it's half the fun. =oD

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Ikr! AppShopper is the best out there!

4. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I don't think I could live without AppShopper. :)

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    A thread promoting FAH suddenly became a thread praising the awesomeness of AppShopper.

I love AppShopper. :)

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yes, I love it too... =oP

I love going through and looking at all the new, free, and price changed games... it's like going to a record store and finding new albums... going through all the crap, finding that one gem in all of it... =oD

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm just addicted to getting deals...use this, AppZapp and AppShopper. Usually there's some good freebie out there! And, I sometimes am not totally sure about AppShopper. Generally, it's spot on, but there's been a few times when I've found out about a freebie through this app or AppZapp up to a few hours before I saw it pop up in AppShopper.

Anyway, I got this for free so I can't say that I'd pay $2.99 for it (I'm guess being cheap also means you're cheap when it comes to finding free games!), but if you're on the fence, wouldn't hurt to try the free "core" version.

8. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    #8 Herosoft Ltd, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
    I love AppShopper too, even paid to remove the ads. It's not serving the same purpose as Free-App Hero. But it DOES seem to very often be several hours behind FAH at picking stuff up, for reasons I can't begin to fathom. It also fails to pick up quite a lot of stuff altogether (Pinsoccer HD last week), or doesn't catch it until the price has gone back up.

9. Initially, I thought it was kind of rude of you guys to derail this topic as you have, but after trying the core version of Free-App Hero, I can only go along with it. I'm currently stuck on dial-up for the rest of the month, and using dial-up over wifi is something of a disaster, but this app simply quits if it doesn't get its data fast enough; very poor if you're using any kind of slow connection. Add onto that the app often literally crashes my iPhone 3G--the whole iPhone, not just the app; I have to hard poweroff!--and I'm much happier with the combination of FreeAppKing and AppShopper. It's a great concept, but wow, just not in usable shape.

10. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    #10 Herosoft Ltd, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    What iOS are you using? We've had no reports of the app crashing anyone else's phone, and it also shouldn't time out unless it's getting literally zero data from the connection for an extended period. Nothing these days is designed to cope with dial-up, especially if it's got ads in it.

There's a known issue with iOS 3.x at the moment, but it only crashes the app, not the device.