Frederic - Resurrection of Music grand competition

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Michal.FE, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Michal.FE

Michal.FE Well-Known Member

#1 Michal.FE, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Learn more on http://fryderyk.forever-entertainment.com/contest/

Have problem finding a perfect gift for your girlfriend/mom/cat? Now you can win one just by playing an awesome video game! There has never been such a competition on the App Store before! Just get Frederic – Resurrection of Music for your iPad or iPhone (for free 1st and 2nd July). What you have to do next is to score the biggest number of points throughout the game. The player on the first place and two runner-ups will receive valuable prizes. So become the best pianist in the world and win this beautiful set of jewelry. Easy, huh?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The jewelry was crafted from gold and diamonds by Japanese artist Hiroco to commemorate Frederic Chopin's 200th birthday anniversary in 2010. There were only 200 copies made and the one that you can win bears #001.

Get Frederic - Resurrection of Music for iPhone or Frederic - Resurrection of Music HD for iPad and don't let someone else get hold on those awesome prizes!

2. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Sweet! Is it open worldwide or US only?

3. Michal.FE

The competition is open worldwide. Anyone with a copy of the game can participate.

4. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Now THIS is interesting!

5. Michal.FE

THE COMPETITION HAS STARTED!

Grab Frederic – Resurrection of Music for FREE for your iPad or iPhone and win this awesome set of jewellery worth 18 THOUSAND DOLLARS! Made from shiny rubies, dazzling diamonds and pure white gold this piece of art was made to celebrate Frederic Chopin’s 200th birthday anniversary by worldwide famous Japanese artist Hiroko. Step into Frederic Chopin’s shoes and follow him on his epic journey. Master your piano skills, crack your knuckles, focus your mind and reach the number one spot in all leaderboard to win this awesome prize!

don’t let someone else get hold on this masterpiece. Download Frederic – Resurrection of Music and start playing NOW!

6. kujen

kujen Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Woooow that's a heck of a prize. Would I have to pay taxes on it? :eek:

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    If you live in the United States, yes, you will have to pay tax. If you were good enough to win, I would suggest getting it appraised at the lowest possible value.

8. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    just a question though..how do you know or how are you sure that the scored entered is legitimate and not hacked? coz sometimes when i open my GameCenter or OpenFeint in-game to check my rankings, i could see some people having scores that I personally think would be impossible to get w/o using a hack..like temple run, fruit ninja and maybe also TTR.

9. arthur.lysenko

Dec 24, 2011
    I agree with chapel07 about serious problem that your competition will definitely have - various ways of "hacking" and I am very interesting how are you going to prevent them.

The easiest way of hacking is slow down a game by 50 or even 500% - it's quite easy to do if your device is jailbroken or you are a registered Apple developer and have access to usage of undocumented functions of iOS and ability to create background processes.

Next hack - since all your melodies are pre-determined (time of appearance of every note is the same no matter how much times you replay the level) it's possible to create a simple mechanic machine with "finger" that moves to desired position. A friend of mine can create such machine in a 2-3 days and I can make a program for it in another 2-3 days. So, I am already a winner? :)

Next hack - use various traffic analyzers, sniffers and modify network data before it was sent to Apple Game Center servers.

Next hack - since you a developer of this game - you can create a special version that will "win" the competition and some friend of yours will receive all money :)
    Of course you won't do it, but theoretically it's possible.

I think there are dozens more hacks that will make your competition worthless and not fair to good, real people.

10. I am curious what the criteria for getting 3 stars is. Is anyone able to score 3 stars in any levels? What would be the score for 3 stars in Paris?

Definitely hard to master.

11. Michal.FE

I scored 51000 points scored on Paris level Chopin and had 3 stars.
    No mistakes/collected all golden notes/made 3 super attacks

As for the cheaters. We have few ways to know if the result was scored dishonestly. I'd rather not disclose it publicly to not help potential score abusers. When we find out that the score is was obtained with a cheat, the player will be immediately removed from the competition, as stated in Terms and Conditions.

If we were to make a special developer cheating version, which of course we are not, we'd have to submit it as a new app, and it would have it's own leaderboards because they do not merge, so no point in doing that :)

12. wendezeit

wendezeit Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I think there should be an element of randomness in this competition, like the winner being determined by random drawing from the top 100 scores. I will never be able to beat the current highscore.

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Randomness is a feature of contests; as you stated in your own post, this is a competition.