Universal Frantic Shooter (by Pixel Ratio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Jr_Rufo

Jr_Rufo Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Hello Billy!

Thank you again for your comments. The game has 8-direction shoot right now (we come from 4 direction like Binding of Isaac at some stage of development), so the players have to move in order to aim and dodge enemies. But we've heard comments and feedbacks regarding aim and control issues. We don't want leave out of the game to anybody, so we're considering all these comments and try to find a solution for the next updates.

Thank you very much for the comments, we are going to improve as much as we can.
    Stay tuned and enjoy the game!

Rufo.

[​IMG]

2. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    The shooting is really off putting for me, too. Seem very counter intuitive and I would have been at a loss, if I didn't r ad about how it works here. For now I have deleted the game but will try it out when the controls and aim are updated. Holding off with a review until then.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So the ads now work.

I was finally able to get in touch with someone from Unity. Apparently I had to go to settings/privacy and reinitialize my ad identifier.

After that walla all unity ads work.

Billy

4. Jr_Rufo

Jr_Rufo Member

Jun 15, 2016
    #24 Jr_Rufo, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Thank you for the comments forsakenxe!
    We're working on a new update, and one of the new features is adding the optional joystick control, so player can choose now the control they feel more comfortable to play. We're taking so much care about the gameplay feeling with this new feature, the update will be ready soon :)

Billy, it's great to know Unity Ads is finally working for you now!
    Thank you!

[​IMG]

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I will try out then :) hoping for the best!

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh wow!

So it will be a hybrid slide/dual stick. I think it will be awesome! I can't wait to try it out! I'll definitely give it a full work out and review.

Will you still be adding a double coin IAP/gun? I will definitely buy a coin doubler especially if it unlocks a permanent gun.

I still would love that. Or perhaps the ability to upgrade the basic gun permanently using coins. I'm not saying to make the basic gun all powerful. But just some basic upgrading to also keep people playing too. People love upgrading! Hell if we could somehow upgrade our characters or perhaps if you introduced armor sets we could buy and upgrade.

I know you have to balance things out with the gameplay and that's not easy. I'm just throwing stuff out there. I love the game! I love the art style and it really does live up to its name. It really becomes frantic lol!

Billy

7. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I'm loving this while having no internet. A great game, hope it's continued to be updated for.

8. Jr_Rufo

Jr_Rufo Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Frantic Shooter Update

Hello all!

Thank you for the comments and the support. I'm back to show you some of the new features and improvements within the next upcoming update:

[​IMG]

- Improved auto-aim system
    - Added virtual joystick option: choose between two control schemes in the Pause menu
    - Added the "Billygun": this fine piece of weaponery doubles the number of coins you collect (only available as an in-app purchase)
    - Increased the loot dropped by bosses
    - And the Aliens made some mischiefs within the game introducing some bugs that we've fixed.

Hope you enjoy the update!
    As soon as it's ready we will post it, Stay tuned!

And don't forget to smash aliens...:)

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Most awesome! I can't wait! I'll be buying my own gun lol

Billy

10. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    #30 henrycupcake, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    How about adding achievements and more leaderboard for the Game Center ? Etc : total mob killed / game play hours / how many bosses killed total

Also plz make the game looks better and increasing the texture on it.... I really hoped your game would look as good as the 3D art u were showing on Twitter and your signature

Maybe should had used metal API as the graphical renderer ??

Last, it should be a blitz to port this game to Mac App Store / steam for the Mac OS & Windows , and add in steam features like steam achievements / steam trading cards/ steam cloud/ maybe even add in a local coop mode for the desktop version ! And sell it for $0.99! Bam !! It will be a hit !

You know many people buying low prices games just for the sake of steam trading cards so they can unlock pretty badge and level it up along with their steam level right ?:confused:

11. kjuanlu

kjuanlu Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Programmer Director at Pixel Ratio
    Spain

Hello!, I'm Juan Luis, developer at Pixel Ratio. First of all, thank you for your comments, we love to hear your feedbacks to improve the game.

We would like to improve the game with the time, we have plans to add new features to make the game longer and more fun, but we need some time :)

Regarding the game graphics, we love how the game looks on PC, with more effects, camera effects, particles, alpha, lights etc... but our main goal was 60FPS on the most devices. We used the iPhone5 as a base device, so we dissabled lot of effects, but we are going to improve the graphics for higher devices, in the iPhone6S the game will look better :) (not include in this update)

I will stay tunned regarding the new update, I really appreciate your comments and feedbacks, and I would like to hear you about the new joystick.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the new version

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Update is live! As you can see I got the coin doubler. The gun is actually pretty great! Well worth the money. I tried out the new joystick option. I am requesting for the next update to please allow the joystick to be placed on the right side of the screen!

Thank you devs for incorporating feedback.

Billy

Attached Files:

13. Jr_Rufo

Jr_Rufo Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Thank you Billy! ;)

Update is here friends!
    This first update is trying to solve the issues regarding auto-aim system and control. We have improved the auto-aim and now you have a higher chances to hit the enemy, but always remember that the game pace needs the player to move. So the combination of both, move and new aim will make our soldiers better. Now I think the Aliens have nothing to do against us...
    Regarding control, we've added a joystick to move the character. This is a risky step for us, but we can not leave anybody behind. We listened our soldiers, our community, and they needed a better way to move the character and kick alien asses. So we did it. We have spent a lot of time tuning the control feeling and behaviour, and we hope it's more comfortable for you now.

We're happy to announce that we're working on the next improvements of the game related to challenges, missions, character classes and more... We will need your help in a near future. This spacial debris is preparing new strikes and we need to improve if we want to save our planet, and the galaxy.
    Join the battle!

You know we want to listen your comments and feedbacks. Please, drop us a line and tell us your thoughts.

[​IMG]

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    The joystick definitely works better for myself. It seems more precise. I'm just right handed so I'd like to be able to move it to the right side off possible. The new gun is fantastic. I really like the double coins as well. Really well done.

Billy

15. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    :D
    love the update!
    however i play with a mfi controller.. the user experience is just superior comparing squashing my finger on the screen :rolleyes:

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Please consider icloud support to continue with coins/unlocks on multiple devices... Thanks

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I agree here. iCloud save support would really be great to add.

Billy

18. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    The new joystick controls are working fine for me, and the coin doubler gun is a great addition too. It would be cool to have a few new different looking maps.

But anyway, thanks for this game.

19. Jr_Rufo

Jr_Rufo Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Hi all!

We're really happy to know the new control and Billygun are working for our soldiers. Now the aliens have nothing to do...
    Regarding iCloud, our research & technology department is working at our headquarters to include the feature, so you will defend the planet no matter the device you use.

The galaxy is in danger,so be sure friends that you will battle in other maps soon ;)
    We can't allow the enemy advance!

Have a nice weekend!

[​IMG]

20. Jr_Rufo

Jr_Rufo Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Hello all!

I'm back to show you a new screen for the next update:

[​IMG]

We want you to play as you want, so we added an option for joystick position.
    We also listened the community feedbacks and our player will activate/deactivate Vibration and Music also ;)

We have a lot of new things to show you!

Stay tuned and don't forget to smash aliens!
    Have a nice weekend.

[​IMG]