Universal Frantic Five - A New Word Game By Major 4 Apps!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Major 4 Apps, May 23, 2015.

1. Major 4 Apps

Major 4 Apps Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    #1 Major 4 Apps, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Hey everyone!

I haven't been active in quite a while - It's good to pop back in and see that everything is still rolling!
    Over the course of the last 2 years, I've been (slowly!) working on my next game: Frantic Five!

Frantic Five is a word game where you try to solve the secret word as quickly as possible. When you enter a word that is not the secret word, it pops into the top or bottom row depending on its location to the secret word alphabetically. This makes gameplay for this quick pickup-and-play game fun and interesting. Your goal is to solve the word within 10 swaps. When you solve the secret word, the swap count is replenished and you begin to solve another puzzle. There's also some great power-ups in the game to help when you get stuck. Really fun!

I recently uploaded the Pre-Release Trailer (though I'm not sure how to embed it in the post). Check it out below along with some in-game pictures!

Trailer:

Thanks for taking a look! As a one person team, I've put a lot of work into this and I hope you word game fans will enjoy it! I'm aiming for a summer release! I'll keep this thread updated with progress!

Best regards,
    Braydon

Attached Files:

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
  3. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Interesting concept but I aint 100% sure of how it works.

When you say end of Summer what month do you mean? Summer is at different times of the year worldwide :p

4. Major 4 Apps

Jan 19, 2012
    Hi Triggywiggy -

In Frantic Five, there are two words revealed in each puzzle initially - the top and bottom rows. The middle row is the secret word and it falls in-between the top and bottom rows alphabetically. The goal is to try to figure out the secret word. Enter a word that falls between the top and bottom rows. If it is not the secret word, it swap either to the top or bottom rows depending on its location to the secret word alphabetically. This way, with each guess, you can continue to narrow down the possibilities of the secret word. Make sense?

I'm aiming for an August release. : )

Thanks for your interest and for posting embedding the trailer - I've embedded it into my original post.

5. Major 4 Apps

Jan 19, 2012
    I'm looking for a few more people to enter the beta. If you're interested, I'd love to have you join and test the final builds!

6. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    If you want a tester I am fine to help. Got lots of free time over the next month so I'm helping lots of developers out :p Love the Uni breaks!

7. Major 4 Apps

Jan 19, 2012
    Great! Feel free to PM me your testflight email and I'll send the beta shortly!

8. Major 4 Apps

Jan 19, 2012
    Check out a preview of the daily reward system!

Attached Files: