Universal Fran Bow Chapter 1 (by Killmonday Games) [Chapters 2 to 5 also available]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 4, 2016.

1. kapsberger

kapsberger Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Thanks! I hadn't realized that there was a different way to work that device.

2. Swiss Guy

Swiss Guy Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    #42 Swiss Guy, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Great title, worth the price if you like type and genre, art direction is very original. No bug, no glitch, insta save, fast loading : good port for iOS. (Air 2 9.x). I can't tell for the entire plot because I am just finishing the Ch2, but narrative is inventive, balancing between pure graphical horror and the macabre of a child tale. I am curious to know the true...

Some mecanism reminds me an old(-fashioned) point'n'click bases on H.R. Giger artwork, "Darkseed" and all these game, can't remember the series, where in the main episode you play a groom invited to a dinner with human-animals, and all guests are the food for this dinner.

EDIT : it's "Rusty Lake Hotel" (one long paid episode) and the "Cube Escape" series ( 6 short free episode). http://www.rustylake.com. More like "The Room" than a classical adventure but in a weird and surrealistic world that tell you a story in the long run.

Otherwise it's full of references, you will be amused to find them if you are familiar with horror games and movies.

[​IMG]

3. Doxxic

Doxxic Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2008
    Like it. In chapter 3 now.

I find the story original and really strong, especially after some time.

Puzzle design is a bit shaky and so is the use of language. As if the speakers are not native.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    They aren't. ;)

5. Swiss Guy

Swiss Guy Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Love this game, art direction is very original, as it's not all the time gore as the first chapter

so it deserve an up post and more buy :p

6. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    More people need to experience this game for sure. Each one worth every penny and more.
    I wish id have played this at halloween on those long dark winter snowy nights in bed, recipe for an amzing gaming experience....