Universal Fran Bow Chapter 1 (by Killmonday Games) [Chapters 2 to 5 also available]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 4, 2016.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    They're available as separate apps and can be assessed by the link under the video in the first post.

2. Mry1975

Mry1975 Active Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Save your money and buy sanitarium instead. A good price and you get a whole game that is far better than this money grabber, took me 15 minutes to complete chapter 1, so works out £8 for one hour of gameplay. By comparison sanitarium is £3 and has about 5/8 hours gameplay.

3. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Omg ... Get lost ... Not another one..

4. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Really liked chapter one. Think I'm going to buy chapter 2 right now

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

6. Mry1975

Mry1975 Active Member

Dec 18, 2014
    #26 Mry1975, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    No, just expressing my honest opinion about a game on a gaming forum. Take it or leave it. I don't care about cost or chapters just the quality of the game.

7. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    So quality = time spent playing?

Asinine.

8. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    But about the length of each chapter .. The game itself has great quality (graphics../story..)
    Even if you play the game so fast and it takes 20 minutes... If you buy a cholocate bar with good quality ... It also cost minimum 2 euros... And "you" need probably 10 seconds for that chocolate bar
    #

9. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'm playing through chapter 1. I like it. Pretty twisted and dark. The length for the entire game I bet is over 90 minutes at the very least, and the price is about the cost of a movie ticket where I live so it's more than a good deal. I'm also happy that it was made available for iPhone and not just iPad like Daedalic does with their games.

10. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    Amen #

11. Just finished chapter 1. It didn't feel short to me, but I'll see on my second playthrough. Love how twisted it is and am definitely buying the next chapter now.

12. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Was quite happy when I noticed this had released. Its one of them games that have been on my steam wishlist forever.

I usually find first and final chapters are smaller.

If you like point and click I can't recommend deadalic entertainment enough,there stories are great. I'm playing Anna's quest at the moment and love it.

13. So, I didn't want to say too much about length until I had hard numbers. Now I finished Chapter 1 and went through it again to record it, at a relaxed pace, but wasting very little time -- only showing a few things along the way that aren't necessary for completing it. It took me over 40 min, and that was knowing exactly what I needed to do. If you don't follow a walkthrough and you take your time exploring and examining all the little details, you should get even more time out of it.

Here's my relaxed speed run. ;)

14. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    #34 stelluhreyesthis, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Loved chapter 1, bought chapter 2 and plan to dig in soon, will come back with impressions. I will say that it definitely feels like some of the writing is off but I think it's just because it's written by someone who's first language isn't English. The context for some of the main characters thoughts just seems out of place. Surprisingly sometimes it serves to make things creepier but I think it's unintended. It's not too off putting but it definitely came up enough that I'd mention it. Also the artwork in this game is beautiful, kind of reminds me of the artist mark rydens work. Very weird/doll-like. Lastly id point out how great the animation is, think I'm going to jump into chapter two now.

15. Yeah, some of the dialogue seems weird to me, but I haven't figured out yet if it's intentional or not. I figured it would be clearer after another chapter or two, as more of the mystery is unraveled. It does seem somewhat consistent to me, though. Fran speaks like an awkward, weird child, but since it's not just once or twice, I'm more inclined to believe that that's the personality they gave her.

And I agree it does add the creepiness. Which is also why I think it's intentional. But I could be wrong.

16. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    As someone who played the entire game on Steam, I can tell you Chapter 1 is probably the shortest chapter.

I think the game took me 5-6 hours to play all the way through.

17. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Man there is some dark shit on this game! And that Paedophile watch guard is so creepy, the undertones should be a 17 plus, i am shocked to see at as a 12 over release! Lol the undertones are dark but so far very entertaining and creepy!

18. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i am now on chapter 4,game is good but chapter 3 is too much boring for me...

19. kapsberger

kapsberger Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Bug in Chapter 3

Has anyone gotten to (or through) Chapter 3 yet? I think I found a bug:

When you need to get the grasshopper dancer's shoes, there doesn't seem to be a way to stay inside the bar, revert to Spring, and then sabotage the piano, as you would in the PC version. (I got frustrated and looked at a walkthrough.) Since the stopwatch in iOS only goes one way, you have to go through Summer -> Fall -> Winter -> Spring, but going through Winter kicks you back outside. Apparently you can skip backwards AND forwards with the stopwatch on PC, which avoids this problem. Anybody found a work around?

20. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    you need to press faster,few times to change and stay in....