Universal FRAMED (by Loveshack)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  2. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Framed = 3 Stars
    Broken Age = 3 Stars
    Crossy Road = 5 Stars
    Bitcoin Billionaire = 5 Stars
    Zombie Highway 2 = 5 Starts

I think I don't even need to explain what I mean.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yes, is strange the overall consensus for this game is 5 stars with 12 reviews. I'm confused.

4. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I don't take Carter's reviews serilously anymore.

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    It is one person's view and should by no means be taken as the definitive statement on the game. It is well written and well considered and does not deserve to be criticized. I am glad that TA provides us reviews and don't expect them to be consistent (in my view), even from one individual.

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yes, it seems that way. Pretty much the only reviewer I constantly disagree with is Carter. I didn't even see who reviewed that one. I should have known he rated it. No offense Carter.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This begs the age old question of, do you guys like honest reviews or are you looking for some kind of strange validation for your own opinion? It's OK that you like a video game, just like it's OK that Carter doesn't like a video game.

8. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Validation bias. Confirmation bias. Or something like that.

Basically means you are looking for opinions that match your own to validate that yours is the right one to have.

9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Every review reflects the opinion of its author, isn't it? So why am I suddenly not allowed to share mine in the comments section? I was just blocked because I didn't like it (not to mention I was not rude nor disrespectful). What's the point of having discussion under the reviews if you can't handle different opinions? And according to these posts here I'm by far not the only one who feels that this game just deserves 5 stars.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I went through your comment history and quite literally everything you post is in an attacking or dismissive tone about how you're done with TouchArcarcade, our reviews are garbage, writers are terrible, or similar. I'm not sure why you think I should allow you to continue posting those things. Well reasoned arguments are fine, attacks are not.

11. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #92 macplash, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Excuse me? How far did you go checking my comment history? Because as far as I remember I've got like 2 negative comments on your main page: Zombie Highway 2 and Framed. Did you read my constructive comments for e.g. Angry Birds Transformers? Not to mention the amount of likes I received for those. I don't understand. I'm blocked expressing my opinion but the user who posts the ASCII cat with "instabuy" comment is allowed because it's constructive?

EDIT: I just realized my comment on Monument Valley's Forgotten Shores expansion pack was removed as well. May I ask why? here's the quotation:

12. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I just don't agree with many of his reviews. Specially the ones I mentioned. I'm ok he doesn't like Broken Age and Framed, I just don't agree with the reviews.

13. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Same, it seems we just don't see eye to eye with Carter on video games. Of course everyone has their own opinion and everyone thinks their opinion is the correct opinion. It's human nature.;)

14. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #95 PoloBaquerizoH, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Much more was expected from this game, Carter always give the reason why of the score reviews. And you can see honesty on his words, this game could be original but that doesn't mean it should have 5 Stars rating, I really love carters reviews, he really knows what games are fun, cool and worth your time.

15. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    The game is free, for sure limited time , but good reason to take it

16. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This is definilty worth everyone's time. Do you think that it's not?

17. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    More if it is free right now

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I think given the production value and creativity put into this game, saying something like, at $5 it's not offering enough to be worth everyone's time, is kinda ...wrong?

19. #100 AppUnwrapper, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015