Universal FRAMED (by Loveshack)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Seems to be true iirc

2. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

#62 Baracus, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Yep I can confirm, game loops and flows back to the first scene again, but the puzzles are different this time around. Same scenes in the same order but they are with some extra complexities (more guards, more movable frames) from what I can tell.

What a truly fantastic game!! Absolutely unique original concept, gorgeous understated animation, solid and consistent sense of style throughout, great adaptive music that mixes in and out of "planning" and "play" versions of each part of the song, and just an overall polished and enjoyable experience in every way.

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #63 y2kmp3, Nov 15, 2014
    That is very interesting.

How far does the game alter the scenes when playing the game the second time around? I read elsewhere that the changes persist only for a few scenes before the game truly finishes out.

Why is it looping back to the beginning? Is it for some narrative purposes about the game's story, like a flashback?

4. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I don't know. I didn't quite follow the meaning of the outro in terms of what it meant in the story and don't want to spoil anything for anyone (typing on phone not sure how to add spoiler tags!) but the 2 characters meet up and someone gets shot then it starts again basically.

I could be wrong about the WHOLE game running through again with extras coz I only went to like 5th or 6th scene (one, maybe 2 of which were the same as first time round) but it does seem like a Game+ to me. Maybe it ends suddenly soon, will play more tomorrow to find out!

How far it alters: you will have a new fixed panel for example (the coloured corridors scene) or vice versa a panel that was fixed first time will now be movable and some have a new gunman positioned there (fire escape stairs scene) so it's like by the end of the first run through is teaching you some more advanced concepts that you must use early in second run.

Either that or I'm imagining things :)

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #65 mr_bez, Nov 15, 2014
    No.

Occasionally there are multiple solutions, but this appears to be by design. Most of the time, there is only one.

There are definitely ways you can loop through panels more often than necessary, but old-fashioned good design seems to prevent shortcuts.
    Left to right horizontally, until you hit a vertical panel. If it hits a vertical panel, it goes onto the next row until it has read everything to the left of the vertical panel, then reads the vertical panel. After that, it starts again from the right of the vertical panel.

Edit: Baracus: spoiler tags are added by typing spoiler in square brackets at the start and /spoiler in square brackets at the end.

6. majia2008

majia2008 Active Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Is there any difference on the story?

7. #67 Loveshack Entertainment, Nov 15, 2014
    Just gonna put spoiler tags on this just to be safe:
    Think about the ramifications of the two panels you swapped prior, what they represent, and what effect it would have.

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Very nice game, and as lame as I probably am I spent around 90 minutes with it because I got stuck twice. But when a found the solution it was pretty satisfactory instead of frustrating (as I'd expect considering my experience with other puzzle games). My only complain is to have an option to reset progress and start from the beginning. I finished the game and I wanted to show it to my wife to try for herself, but I already moved across two screens and now there's no way to reset progress, so the only option is to delete the game and download it again (which I did but I'd prefer more sleek or elegant solution). Anyway, this is really unique experience with state of the art visual style and music for reasonable price. Highly recommended.

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013

Go into settings and scroll down to find framed. There is an option to reset there. Not the most elegant but it is there.

Also it would be nice to have like a menu were you can see how far you are etc... But I can see how that would take away from the experience. Although it might be useful to see where you go to after being away from the game for a few days

10. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Finished it last night, was a good experience, and cleverly done. A few of the puzzles were got me stuck and it was random luck that got me past one (was stuck for about 15 minutes and then moving one square without any though solved it :))
    One thing about repeat play through:

there is a part near the end which then seems to repeat sections from earlier in the game, but that then brings the end screen were 'framed' comes in the screen and then the credits. After this it does start again but as far as I can tell there aren't any differences.
    Can anyone confirm if it does change after the final end screens?

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    What's the installed size please?

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    HLW it's 250MB

13. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #73 ColeDaddy, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    Bug?

I think I found a bug. On this page the only two movable panels are the two middle ones. However, I keep getting caught despite flip-flopping their positions. Is there a solution that I'm overlooking or is this an actual bug?

Attached Files:

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #74 mr_bez, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    There's a solution. This page introduces a new mechanic.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, definitely not a bug;) just keep trying;)

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Got it. Thanks!

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Thanks!

18. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I really enjoyed the game, but I have to admit that I had some trouble following a couple parts of the story
    especially once the gimmick starts messing with the characters
    . If there was a way to watch a whole thing as one animation once you've finished it, that'd be a definite plus in my eyes.

19. pkMinhas

pkMinhas Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Brilliant game!

While I really enjoyed the game, the animations started getting on my nerves once I had to replay the same puzzle over & over. There should be an option to speed-up the animations.