Universal FRAMED (by Loveshack)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I've just finished. Took me one hour and a half and totally worths $5. This is a piece of art.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Ok guys, I'm in... ;)
    If the developer cares as much to come here, to explain, assure and clarify how things are, it's just enough for me to show my support and appreciation even if it was the only reason to do so. But I'm pretty sure this game deserves it anyway, I was looking forward to it and there's no reason to hesitate anymore. Bought!

3. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Love it. !! Hopefully this game will be game of the year in puzzle genre

4. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #44 Pipipitchu, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    I don't think it will defeat Monument Valley.

I don't think App Store should be a race to the bottom (free). This is why many developers don't release their games on mobile platform. There are games with more content and longer? That's great, but it doesn't mean this game have to be cheaper because of that.

By the way, this game took me 3 times more than 30 minutes to finish. What if it was 30 minutes? Do you prefer 30 wonderful and mindblowing minutes of gameplay or 15 hours of "meh" for 5 dolars?

I don't regret paying $5 for this game at all. It worths every cent. It worths even more than the price it costs.

5. RamazUltra

RamazUltra Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Guys I'm calling it right now. TA is going to give this game a 4 or 4.5. Which means it will have a less score than Candy Crush. If this happens im going to be mad.

6. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    5 stars means it's one of the GOTY for the reviewer, doesn't it? Sometimes it's hard to take Eli seriously.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #47 Rip73, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    I thought that review was fair because it applied the context of the genre the game fits in to and in that genre, it is a five star game.
    In fact I'd support that review on the basis that it was contextual and considered in that sense.

The same will apply to the review of this one I'd imagine but this one is up against very stiff competition in its genre from Monument Valley.
    Personally I'd five star both MV and Framed.

I've no reason to be bothered about Candy Crush Soda getting it also because realistical, in the context of the genres each are in, they each do deserve that rating and I wouldnt consider comparing CCS to this or MV to actually be a valid comparison. They are just too different and any review that did that would just be a pointless exercise.

It doesn't mean I'll ever play CCS but I do respect that it demonstrates that the review process is done according to context.
    Different people like different styles, different mechanisms and different genres.
    It's a good thing that the review process takes account of that and presents an unbiased contextually appropriate review.
    If anything, that review actually increased my respect for their reviews overall.

8. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Bought it and I am loving it!!!! Is there a way to go back a page once it is solved???

9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Probably none, if you put it that way. I'd prefer 15 hours of wonderful and mindblowing gameplay, what can I say;)
    I don't mind to support the developer which I already did by buying this game yesterday, didn't have a chance to play it yet, but I'll be back with the feedback for sure.

10. matteda

matteda Member

Sep 14, 2013
    No..You won't .. It's amazing

11. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    First, love it! Great game

Second, is there a way to restart? My kids liked watching so I wanted to restart from the beginning but I see no way to do that.

Third, (releated) can you have more than two saved files? What if my kids wanted to have a game they were solving but I wanted to as well. It seems like there is only one so two people can't do their own games.

Still a wonderful game.

12. mw1

mw1 Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    In my opinion if you look at the game itself, it was neither too short nor too long.. It felt just about the right length for one continous playthrough. It had excellent quality in terms of graphics (love noir!), music (love that jazz!), and story (liked the twist, and the reference to a briefcase with unknown object that's super valuable. Reminds me a little of pulp fiction). Would highly recommend... To anyone who is willing to spend that $5 (~RM16 here in Malaysia) for an experience that is roughly one movie-length.

It would be nice if we had more control over chapter selection, having multiple saves, and maybe options to adjust music volume or speed of the animations. Also, maybe add an option to watch the complete animations of each part of the game? What I mean is, after you've solved all the puzzles in the first part where you control the guy, have an option to view from first puzzle to last puzzle in correct order withou any interference from us. I have a feeling the flow of the story would be more apparent that way. Just my two cents...

13. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I wasn't.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    1. Agreed!
    2. Delete and reinstall is the only way I can see, or it restarts when you get to the end.
    3. Not that I've seen.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'd have to agree with your first paragraph totally.
    Well with one caveat, never mind the price, just buy it.
    It is excellent value for money, representing a high return on investment and a very nice experience.

On the second paragraph, hmm, some interesting points in there that I hadn't noticed or considered myself. I'd have to say that yeah, they would be excellent tweaks particularly the full puzzle view idea at the end of the game.
    I wonder if that is something they can do but it certainly would be interesting to see it done.

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #56 y2kmp3, Nov 14, 2014
    Loveshack,

Is each scene ONLY solvable in one way?

Just looking at the demo trailer, I can see that, as the number of panels increases, the possibility a scene can be solved using different configurations of panels also increases. Have you systematically tested out ALL possible combinations to ensure that only one solution exists? Or is the game designed to be solvable in multiple ways? If so, what decides what is the "intended" solution? What about the levels in which the panels can be swapped after the scene has begun? Would this mechanic somehow be misused to create solution shortcuts?

In scenes with panels of different sizes, some oriented horizontally and some oriental vertically, how does the game decide which panels to play chronologically, since the typical top-to-bottom, left-to-right order is necessarily interrupted?

17. majia2008

majia2008 Active Member

Mar 20, 2011
    #58 majia2008, Nov 14, 2014

To the second question, you can go to iOS Settings to reset the game.
    I think it is audacious to cast off all the settings in the game but I love their idea. Less is more.

18. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
    when you finished the game, it resets itself

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I love this idea :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure I saw something on Twitter saying that the game isn't actually over with once you've beat it once. Not totally sure what that means but I think there might be more to the game than just the initial playthrough.