Universal Fragger 2 (by Harold Brenes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 12, 2015.

1. Testament

Testament Member

May 15, 2015
    Haha I noticed you were dethroned on world 2 yeah, you've got competition!

But the real challenge will come with the update.... I'm cutting it down into several updates so I can get this important one out first with the new difficulties.

2. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    I really needed to think outside the box for some multi-kills...

Looking forward to the updates, even though they will probably cost me my lead on GC :roll eyes:

Those grenades are pretty powerful btw, you can blast metal cases thru a wall:

Attached Files:

3. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Is this update coming anytime soon?

4. Testament

Testament Member

May 15, 2015
    Hi Pantsjo,

I have the small update that I’ve still haven’t fully tested or finalized. I don’t have a date yet, but I hope to be able to finish it next week.

I wanted to bring you guys some new, rich updates with a lot of new things and content, but unfortunately, it looks like it’s not going to be possible… Unfortunately, the game was a big failure in sales. Most of the players are using pirated copies, that is, at least 87% of the user base is pirated. So unfortunately the grand majority of the users you see on Game Center are not paying users, the game was a financial failure.

I worked on this game, by myself, for 9+ months. That is, all the code, design, art, animations, sounds, levels, tools, were done by one guy with a laptop. With the exception of the music and the basic designs of some levels, everything else was created by a single developer. Friends, this is an insane amount of work. It was only possible in that timeframe because I nearly killed myself working non-stop to get it done. Sadly, the result was burnout and an empty wallet haha. So as much as I wanted to bring you rich updates, it seems like it won’t be possible. The amount of work required to do such updates is great and I don’t have any way to finance it either.
    I’m truly sorry it resulted this way. I really wanted to give you guys some awesome new stuff. Perhaps something comes up in the future which will allow me to do so. But as it stands right now, it’s simply not possible…

Thank you so much to you guys for your support and patronage, though. I truly appreciate those of you who enjoyed my work and were generous in supporting my work. Thank you.

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I was in the 13%. Terribly sorry to hear this news. There should be a crackdown on piracy.

6. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    So sorry to hear that, I mean about your much too low return on investment. If it means something, I very much enjoyed the game and hope your qualities, which you apparently have in abundance, as a developer will pay out in some other way!

7. Testament

Testament Member

May 15, 2015
    Donny, Saosji,

It certainly means a lot to me, trust me. I'm very thankful to you guys who supported me. If not for people like you, then it would have been worse!

Thank you so much for those very kind words, saos. I certainly hope my next works will be both very enjoyable for you guys and fruitful.

8. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Ugh, that's terrible, the piracy I mean. I fully agree with Saosijs. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and for what it's worth: I think that all the time you spent on it was time well spent.

9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Breaks my heart hearing stories like this.