Universal Four Letters (by Prodigy Design)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 18, 2015.

1. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    Love the game. I love it when games are just simple in concept and looks elegant, but man, when i searched "four letters" in the app store, this game showed up middle ranked of the search results...

and would be great to have a undo last letter button some near the bottom of the screen, less finger distance travelled for larger screen players

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    As I talked before, I must use the dictionary while playing the game, but I like the game at all. Thank you for the game.

BTW, it's a "Best New Games". Congratulations!

3. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Thanks. Yes, we have been blessed by some solid featuring by Apple, and are seeing some good download numbers :)

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    And remember that I'm a fan of this game. And I'm waiting for your new update, dude. :D

5. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    The first update has already been submitted, but it is just addressing some bugs.

We'll be looking to submit another update soon after that goes live though.

6. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The game allows you to cheat easily. If you get stuck figuring out a word, just tap out of the app with the phones home button. Take some time to think of a word, then bring up the app again and the timer will be in the exact spot where you left it. Then quickly tap the letters for your word and continue playing.

This needs an update...especially if you plan to have leaderboards.

7. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We actually were aware of that through development. But that strategy doesn't really allow you a significant advantage at the top end given there is still a practical minor penalty (back to back time bonuses are the key to success).

But I'll pass your concerns onto the team.

8. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    v1.0.1 update was released this week adding additional sharing options and fixing up a couple of minor bugs.

Achievements, better leaderboards, and Gamecenter integration still in the works :)

9. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    v1.0.3 has just released. This update provides an improved scrollable leaderboard interface, as well as stability and performance improvements for lower end devices.

v1.1 is in the works which should deliver both Achievements and Gamecenter integration. We expect that might be about 3-4 weeks away from being live.

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Great news. Thanks for listening and doing what we want in each versions. :D

11. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    No problem. We are also looking at swipe controls to spell out words in a single touch too which has been the most requested feature for the game itself. Seems like it should be feasible having prototyped it up, but we'll see how we fare once we subject it to a wider audience in our usability testing (the current tap controls will still exist).

12. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Quick heads up that the next update for Four Letters which includes swipe controls and achievements with Gamecenter support has been submitted. Hopefully, it should be popping up in the next week.

13. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    #33 PikPok, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Version 1.1 of Four Letters has been pushed live, and should be available to all soon. This update includes

- Game Center support
    - Achievements
    - Expanded word list - more words to find!
    - Now with swipe control

[​IMG]

14. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Version 1.2 of Four Letters has been pushed live, and should be available to all soon. This update includes

- Definitions to help you learn new words
    - A Dictionary where you can view all the words you've made