Forum reputation?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by ibelongintheforums, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

You're number, let's see. 291, so there are 290 people here sooner. I haven't seen any either. But, you understand my point, mostly, right?

2. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    You guys all joined in December and your talking about pre-Christmas TA? What was that like two days of enjoyment? You talk about it like you were there a long time before Christmas...

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    It is like when you get anything new. Not the same months later. Change happens.

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Maybe 6 months from now, I'll be harping about pre-Easter enjoyment on TA with my pre-Easter fellow join-ups.

5. brewstermax

It isn't like that. You have to think about it. People get iPod touches for Xmas, join TA, ruin the place. Easter isn't a big large gifting holiday.

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I think the problem is that no new memorable people join. Like that ravenblack. They have over 100 posts, yet i have never even heard of them before. What ever happened to klondy? I dont think he was banned.

7. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Since when does popularity matter about iDevice games?

8. brewstermax

True. I can name tons of people off the top of my head. All Pre-Xmas. Klondy is around. If you look, you'll find him. He was banned. About 8 times, to be precise. But he's here, new account.

9. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Your number is 1238. From March mine is 5758. Current member today is 9235.

Less than 1000 joined for Xmas. Almost 3500 people have joined in a month.

10. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Numbers don't lie my friend.

11. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    How the heck are anybody going to be particularly "memorable" with hundreds of people visiting this forum a day unless 1) they are the first to make topics about new games, 2) they are developers or 3) they are incredibly trollish and annoying?

I don't post in every thread. I can have a 1000 posts and still not be memorable, why would that matter?

12. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    No, you guys don't get it. Brewster is grumpy over his buddys leaving and trying to be the new EDNG so he yells at everyone for idiotic reasons. But once people leave EDNG spell and realize what a selfish arragant idiot he was, then TA will be good again. But for now we live with mod wanna bes and angry "pre-Christmas" members.

13. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I think your right I mean that's pretty vague calling pre-Chrismas TA better because there were "more memorable" members.

14. brewstermax

Where is the flip off or **** you smily? You don't even know IBITF. That isn't it at all. You spew more **** out of your mouth than anyone.

Yea, I'm trying to be the new EDNG. That's it.

15. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Dont forget the largest class, people who never post any useful of thoughtful information and dont add anything to the discussion. This is your group, along with many of the newer members.

16. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    tell em brew.

17. brewstermax

Exactly. That is the best way to describe what happened to TA. And the reason that I avoid the games section at all costs.

18. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Wow. Brewster succeeds at making himself appear as a non-intelligent person. Looks like I affended the good ole boys. Well guess, what. TA has changed. For better or for worse. And it would be better if you would accept the change or run away from it. For TA is changing and we are to change with it
    P.S. You go my initals right. Instead of iBTF you did IBITF. Maybe I'm memorable enough now

19. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #39 BulletDev, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    Before December, the forums were smaller. This was somewhat of an advantage - less spam, everyone knows everyone :).

Then again, there a benefits to the giant the site is becoming now, such as more exposure for devs... but that's about it.

20. brewstermax

It has changed. Which is why I stay away from the center of it, the Games section. The Lounge is the only refuge there is here. Hopefully people will get over the novelty of iPhone gaming, and go somewhere. And it's OFFENDED. I would change with it, but there is no reason to. It was forum perfection for the longest time, why change?

I decided that I'd go with it. I still like iBTF, since in isn't really an important word.