FortCraft [NetEase]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MetaGonzo, Mar 12, 2018.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    It was only a matter of time I suppose.

http://www.fortcraft.com/m/index.html to sign up for TestFlight. Looks like a guaranteed acceptance kind of deal.

I’ll report back later when I get the chance to try it but in the meantime let’s hear some impressions.

Attached Files:

2. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Is anyone able to sign up for the beta? When I try to put my e-mail in and click submit nothing happens.

3. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I (obviously) didn’t run into a problem. Got the invite mail after 5 mins or so.
    Maybe it’s busy with people signing up? The Fortnite signup had a bit of trouble so maybe it’s similar here.

4. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Won't run on an iPhone 5 currently. Gives error message.

5. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Had one game so far. One big, long, lonely game. I encountered 2 people in total. I killed them both and won. There were apparently 100 in the match so I guess the land area is big.

The cartoon aesthetic is clean and sparse meaning there’s little chance to hide; add this to the lack of prone and it means that you don’t want to be the one caught in the open.

Movement and gunplay will be familiar to RoS players as it’s clearly the same engine. 3D Touch to fire makes a very welcome return as well.

I can’t speak for the building aspects as I didn’t really do much. I’ve not really played Fortnite so I’m not sure how it measures up in this respect either.

Overall it’s too early for me to say but I’m hopeful as I do enjoy RoS. That said, the open nature makes it feel like quite a different proposition to the rifle behind every blade of grass RoS.

The fence I just placed? I’m on it rather than taking cover behind it.

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Went to signup for the beta but it’s already closed...

7. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    That was quick. It doesn’t take more than a few seconds to matchmake a 100 player game so I guess there was plenty of interest.