iPhone Former Fable Director's new game: Incoboto

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dene, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    Darn tootin'*.

*('Yes', for non-Yankee speakers)

I'm currently finalising the pseudo-combat and debating whether to get Beta tests out earlier or after the final level of polish.

<Strokes beard while considering>

2. Firebird2002

Firebird2002 Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I will have to say I am excited for this game because if you was Fable's former director, I suspect this game to be amazing.
    Fable is my all time favorite game ever, I always tried to find a game that somewhat compared to the fun level and awesomeness of Fable which is impossible.
    I will be looking forward for this game deffently.
    Still by today Fable is on top of my all time favorite games list.

3. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Many thanks for that.

There are just 2 more things to do (finish last cutscene and sort out the OpenFeint stuff) and she's ready to go Beta-testy. January should be quite exciting.

Dene

4. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Well it's January... can we get excited?

5. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Cool! Hope ya still have me in mind ..I been waitin for this beauty! I will send ya my new udid for my new ipad2!

6. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    #66 Dene, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    Okay - game is done.

Achievements are being wrapped up next week - hopefully in a very short amount of time, so Beta testing will begin!

Thanks to all of you who have previously requested Beta keys. I'll be contacting you individually.

For everyone else: I'm afraid the Beta is closed as of now. So many of you were insane enough to offer your playtesting services such a difficult debugging challenge. I couldn't cope with a single person more. Sorry!

The game is currently iPad 1 or 2 only. It will come out at a fixed price and stay there. I have no intention of any sales, free days or anything else that undermines the confidence of the buying public.

Again - thanks for your patience. The web-site will soon be updated with more (ahem... some!) information. This is my solo swan-song and a labour of love, I hope you'll enjoy it and that Inco and Helios will stay with you for some time to come.

7. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Well, all the Betas have been sent out. Thanks to all those who are taking part. Please feel free to boast to your friends how you managed to get on-board and everyone else didn't. You can stick your tongue out and everything.

8. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Good news...this looks promising...

9. Kamizak3

Kamizak3 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    School, beta testing apps, learning programming
    California
    I love this so much. Best beta I ever beta tested :D

10. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #70 Trev1, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
    I second that in a immense way....Dene...I dont know why but this game brings a tear to my eye ...its utterly amazing. I have so many questions ....but for now i just want to play it...it has the artsy emotive flair that i soooo crave in IOS gaming..

Music is a emotional ecstasy pill for the ears ...love it. You really need to sell it on itunes...Bugs? Maaan its gonna be tough since Im so focused on the planets, gameplay, story, music and those lil sign boxes that the corp leaves everywhere! I test alot man but this one is special......thanks

11. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Thanks so much for the kind words, folks. It's always great to hear when someone 'gets' what you're trying to do. I've been sitting here alone for nearly 18 months trying to get this finished, and comments like that make it all worthwhile.

Now, let's hope the bugs keep away...

12. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    #72 Dene, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    At least nobody's finished it yet...

...I've promised a free uncompressed version of the soundtrack download for the first one who does... without help. ;-)

You can preview the soundtrack here.

13. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Heard about your game on the TA show.

When (not if :) ) all goes well, would you consider an iPhone version in the near future?

14. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    As you say, it depends on how the iPad one goes. If I do, it'll only be for Retina screens. It's really optimised as an iPad experience, so making it 'feel' right on the tiny screen will be quite a lot of work.

- Dene

15. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Understood :) well, looks like I'll get your game after the iPad 3 comes out then :p

16. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    been playing this Dene, will send feedback soon.
    I really like it (gives you a warm fuzzy feeling) :D

17. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    You'll have to tell me which controls you prefer. Personally, I can't handle fake joysticks on the screen, but some people find anything other than those quite tricky.

I've had my first couple of 'Help! I'm stuck!' messages from people, too. As a developer it's always a struggle coming up with puzzles that are the right level of difficulty. Lemme know if you find any too obscure.

-Dene

18. ryansumo

ryansumo Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Freelance artist
    Manila
    This looks super intriguing, I can't wait for it to take shape!

19. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    there was once where I felt like this but the satisfaction of solving it myself is really awesome.

the team can consider having a hints system. (using the present computer screens or something.. and each time the player uses hints, he or she gets laughed at by the computer)

20. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I literally just read through this entire thread and (WOW) this game looks amazing. Judging by the beta testers comments, it is amazing.

I really, really, really hope you're able to make an iPhone/iPod version. *fingers crossed*