iPhone Former Fable Director's new game: Incoboto

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dene, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    Nope. PM me.

2. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Ahh, Flaboo! how I love that game. Really look forward to this, as long as you don't forget about the iPhone that is...

3. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Flaboo was awesome - I liked it ^_^

4. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    #44 Dene, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    Thanks. Flaboo! was a fun little experiment in minimalism. It was originally due to come out a month or so before Doodle Jump, but the fat chick took juuuuuust that little bit too long to hatch. Ack.

Vinvy: just tested it on iPhone this morning, and if you have an iPhone 4 or iPod with Retina display, it'll be a relatively easy conversion. Anything older than that will be considerably harder.

5. paul1998

paul1998 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
  6. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    For those who haven't painstakingly read the previous couple of pages, the game's still being worked on and so may be a couple of months before it's in Beta. In the meantime, as ever, I'm happy to answer questions. Alternatively, come along to the blog, or Twitter.

7. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    I watched the flash movie today that you credit with inspiring this game - it made all the difference. It's a beautiful but incredibly sad story, & now I'm really excited to see how you've interpreted it. The movie certainly helped me to understand something of your vision (I hope).

Anyway - I predict a hit! :)

8. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Oops! Should've provided information about the inspirational video, that I referred to, for those who haven't yet seen it.

I STRESS THAT THIS IS NOT THE GAME ITSELF, BUT SOMETHING THAT, I UNDERSTAND, HELPED TO INSPIRE THE DEVELOPER TO MAKE THIS GAME.

9. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    man im dyin to hear from you on beta bro...this keeps me wondering every time i cross this thread...i almost dont wanna know to much...i like twisted suprises...

10. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Okay - I've hit the magic number of Beta Tester requests. Sorry folks - that's all I'm tracking for now! I'll let those who asked know when the game reaches the next stage. It'll be a little while, so please be patient!

11. paul1998

Jul 7, 2009
  12. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Incoboto is taking a little longer than expected. The good news is that the initial pre-alpha tests are going well, and those who have had their hands on it like it a lot, and have no trouble controlling it.

There's still quite a lot of work to do, though.
    Helios is a little too chatty, the world isn't quite there yet, and some very freaky things occur with certain combinations of machines, but be assured we're working as hard as we can to get this weird little game out as quickly as possible.

I'll refrain from giving a date at this point, but you guys will be the first to know if anything exciting happens!

P.S. I'm afraid I'm not taking any more Beta candidates at this point. I have... um... quite a lot already. (gulp)

13. paul1998

Jul 7, 2009
    When Are bettas comming out estimate

14. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    XD haha i didn't realize the beta application closed :/
    but yeap, will be keeping my eyes peeled on this thread, the game's looking great

15. paul1998

Jul 7, 2009
  16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Great! At least we know that those Guys and Girls will make sure we will get a great Gameexperiance :)

17. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Guess not? :(

18. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Sure.

So all the levels are pretty much complete. The remainder of the scripting/story has to go into place to wrap the experience up properly. I have a number of pre-Alpha testers going through the whole game at the moment in order to ensure it's not too brain-achingly hard.

So far, things are pretty good, and I'm really happy with the initial reception.

When the game is ready for Beta testing (soon!), I'll be sending a mail to everyone on the (surprisingly extensive) list.

Thanks to everyone for their patience! Doing everything by yourself is really quite hard - and time-consuming.

- Dene

19. Kamizak3

Kamizak3 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    School, beta testing apps, learning programming
    California
    You're using testflight for beta testing right? :D

20. paul1998

Jul 7, 2009