Universal forma.8 GO (by Mixedbag Srl)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 14, 2017.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks, looking into it tomorrow wanna do it myself if I can ha ha, very interesting this, got 14 artifacts now by the way.

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm an old school gamer and agree that the price is not the issue. The pro pen I likely have with backlog of games is due to the iOS pricing be so low. Not sure when this actually comes out on the Switch so that might also be a reason to consider it on the iPhone/iPad.

So far the controls are really good with touch. Although those with mifi controller might say they like it even better ...?

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Speaking about the price of the game on iOS....I think I literally robbed Mixedbag now more than ever.

4. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I'll drink to that. Got it in the end - touch works well, mfi also works well. Game is def very well made and i do agree for the price it's a steal. Slow zooming out camera reminds me of Inside sections within the submarine (but as this game is older i can imagine Inside got inspired by Forma.8)

5. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Value for money here is amaizng. Ios needs more metroidvania-like games.

6. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Ok, that's a great game right there. Everything is polished, well thought, graphics and sound are top notch.
    I'm actually banging my head against the wall, literally, while being chased by a pink monstrosity, very hard honestly, and long... Hope I'll not lose my nerves on this, but I just rage quitted after 15 tries.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    You need the speed boost upgrade to get trough this section, hope you got it otherwise it's very hard I think.

I am nearly on 40% now got through the section I was stuck at, the game is getting better and better, someone said it looks empty but that is only in the beginning now at 35% it gets really interesting and fun.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    15 hours in, around 45 percent, and my brain is starting to melt.
    As ROGER-NL said, at 35% thing start to get going at a faster pace...and you would think the game is throwing already at you everything it has.
    Then you hit 40% and WOAH....
    Puzzles intensify and they are really awesome, mixing Metroidvania classics with really original ones, Limbo-esque ones etc.......and the game alternate them with frantic sessions with heavy combat and super interesting enemies.
    I started to get the whole picture now (I think), finding it even more interesting....the curiosity about this planet and....its things....is killing me.

This game is going straight on my GOTY list, on an already great and busy year no less.

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am exactly on 45% now with 19 artifacts, taking it slow though, play more tomorrow.

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    We are probably at the same spot...I'm 46 with 20 artifacts.
    I'm stuck tough...going back everywhere....and doing this I found a bug.

If I go to the initial starting room...where I still have an unexplored location (there is a door that won't open there) and you go to the top right corner, where I see some debris in the room walls....the game crashes to springboard.

Am I the only one?

With the sprint power moving around is WAAAAAAAY faster, I'm cruising the levels now, slowing just in tricky parts with tricky enemies (those magnetic attractive stars...damn!!!!.

Btw.....only for 45 percent mark.

I found a new teleporter but when I took it it took me on a previous discovered one....couldn't go back.
    Did you notice the time passed? Now it's night in the planet, so cool!!!!!
    The banging head monster...now it's (assuming it's the same, this now has 2 purple eyes/gems/things.....is blocking a path down....and I can't remove him....can you?

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #131 ROGER-NL, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Don't think there is a path down their, I think the big one was the mother and the small one, the one you guided through the level was the child and when they reunite there are two purple things shining and the previous path blocked is now open, well that's how I see it.

Spoiler only for 45% people.

After 40% my bot got a white circle out of him whenever he moves a bit, is that a bug or what, maybe the dev can answer that, it was not there before.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You are probably right but there is in the map a path downwards that I can reach yet.
    All the other blocked path I have....have concrete walls so I think we aren't supposed to go there for now.

I have the white fart :p too....I think it appeared when we got the sprint power...or it was added as new effect in last update.

I'm now really stuck.....went everywhere twice now.

Only parts I can't pass are a huge spider that I can't damage apparently (left of the map).....and the probably GRAND PUZZLE...with the maze.
    If anyone knows how to solve the Tetris thing and moon, moon, sun, pyramid, pyramid, sun puzzle...I'm all ears.
    Also, I have one door but I miss the Crystal.
    Not sure if it's after the magnetic absorbing start/something...which I can't pass either.
    And we aren't even at 50 percent....

13. 19civciV

19civciV Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Level Designer, Social Media Marketing & Managemen
    Nantes, France
    I found the 1st Tetris piece after completing the Following Crabbot part, going back to a way I didn't visited before... It opens the door inside the Temple, and give me another Tetris piece. Need to found where this 2nd one is going on now... :)

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I was laughing when I saw what I wrote now, only for 45% people ha ha, that must be people who are 45% in the game lol.

I am stuck now at 46% with 20 artifacts and the giant spider just like pitta.

15. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    What do people mean by Metroidvania?

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It means in the line of Metroid games: open maps with levels which you explore in the direction you want, you go back to places with new tools to try and reach places you didn't reach before, etc.

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    LOL I'm dumb, I have that piece too!!!!
    Where do you use it????
    Back to the game!!!! Thanks!!!!

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Heads up guys.
    Maybe you all know it but I just found a secret area...meaning I passed through a wall (not a bug, there is proper fade in/out).
    Found another 'Tetris slab'....which I stil havel no idea how to use.

I have a single Tetris piece but I found a second item (stored in a separate pet of the UI), in the hexagon temple (where I opened 2 hexagons).

The plot thickens.

19. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Ok, I'm really stuck.
    Went past a gigantic monster failing to climb, and found a monster who likes bombs. Managed to make him take the elevator, but then, nothing. He has a beautiful blue switch above his head, but I found no way to make him use it.
    Any help would be welcome...

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    you gotta use your speed boost, when you use your speed boost he lifts his body and touches the switch.