Universal forma.8 GO (by Mixedbag Srl)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 14, 2017.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't know about the nimbus, but I have a Logitech Powershell, which I bought for $10 and seems to be the crappiest mfi controller of all, and it works perfectly. I don't see why it shouldn't work with the nimbus.

2. #82 AppUnwrapper, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    I got past the second boss, but now I'm having the same issue I had with Dust in that I go exploring, end up in areas I shouldn't be in yet, and have to go back through all the enemies I already killed. I'll give it some more time, but I think it might be *too* old school for me, like Pitta said. Games like Mushroom 11 spoiled me. I'm not a fan of backtracking, especially through enemies I've already dealt with. And at the slow speed he moves at.

I did go through some portals, so I'm hoping I can figure out where I need to be without too much trouble.

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    If I'm like 16% in and have seen the spoiler mentioned above, is there a 3rd "power" I should have been able to pick up by now?

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    It's not (imho) that it's old school (it isn't particularly), it's maybe because you just don't like Metroidvania games.
    A pity because you would love everything else in these games imho, but I want to save you some frustration my friend.
    Backtracking, tons and tons of exploring, figuring out stuff on your own, non linear progression (you can get stuck and you will, you can be in areas way over your skills, etc.) are the staples of the genre and you just seem not to have fun with those.
    Aquaria and Waking Mars are other two examples.
    I hope I'm wrong of course but as we chatted over games in the past...that's how I see it.

Mushroom 11 is a completely different genre.

I guess (just my guess eh?) you are attracted by the experience, the athmosphere etc... (things that are usually awesome in these games) but the genre...not so much.
    I remember it was he same thing with Dust.

The game will get WAY harder than that boss.
    WAY WAY harder.

Actually in the game...even the probe UI isn't fully explained.
    You will understand what all those icons and squares are....but it's not that type of game where everything is laid out in front of you and a big red marker points the direction of next step (and it is so by design).
    Personally I just understood what two parts of the UI exactly means....and believe me or not, this pointed me in the next map direction.
    The game is full of these things....which some people lien and some people don't....I love
    It because it further cement the alienish setting.

5. Never played Aquaria (I think it's iPad-only and I didn't have an iPad when it released) but I loved Waking Mars. I played that so long ago, though.

I loved Mines of Mars, too, but found the combat a bit clunky (which I'm finding here, too).

And yeah, I do love the atmosphere and general feel of it, but I guess I've gotten a taste for games that limit the backtracking, etc. Either through portals or generous checkpoints...just things that make it more mobile-friendly.

6. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    i'm playing with nimbus!
    perfectly compatible #

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    So far enjoying the game but a bit worried that I'll likely find some of the upcoming battles frustrating. I guess I'm a bit strange that I like to be challenged but I guess also can run into a space where if I can't make it further and progress I end up getting to frustrated and move onto something else. Hoping I don't run into a point of total frustration.

So far the map system is ok but I could see where it could get a bit overwhelming and maybe unwieldy to manage if backtracking is involved which it obviously will be etc...

Right now the perfect balance of open world gameplay and ability to not be frustrated with dying in a game is Breath of the Wild on the Switch. A perfect balance of open air exploring and not feeling upset when getting killed... such an amazing experience!!!

8. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Random question-Does anybody know if GameCenter achievements working?

AppUnwrapper, I watched your excellent videos on you tube and no achievements popped up. Also looked at GC friends list and couldn't tell. Definitely not a deal breaker, just curious.

9. There is an "Achievements" button in the settings and it opens the list in GC, but it looks like I haven't unlocked any yet.

10. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I just wanted you to know the nimbus works like a dream with this. So you use left stick to move. You have the Y button to drop a mine and B button to burst. You can hold L1 and a light map and info screen pops up while you can still control everything behind it. Works so perfect.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Achievements.
    Maybe it's a bug because I can see 29 achievements (there is even a menu in the intro splash screen for those), reading the names I should have some of them but I can't see any unlocked.

Difficulty.
    Don't be scared off, to be honest each section isn't that big....you can fully explore one in 5 minutes, way less for the most of them.
    The game saves at each one and when you made to the checkpoints so it's not a big deal imho.

Aquaria (another AWESOME metroidvania) was a LOT way more dispersive (but still a masterpiece imho).

Meanwhile I just succefully complete a 'torch run' wooooooot!!!!!

12. Skyrise

Skyrise Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

we're investigating the achievements bug. They were perfectly working on our dev build during testing so it's a bit puzzling they're not always working on the final version.

I'll get back to you as soon as we discover what the problem is.

Thanks for your patience!
    Mauro

13. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats on the torch run, I just did the second one, love the game.

14. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    How can I pass the large spider with one eye? It keeps zapping me on approach. Repeated the level a few times but not sure what I'm missing.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Skyrise- you rock. We emailed back and forth an hour ago and you're clearly on top of things. Thanks! -Don

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks...I'm heading there myself.
    Funny...yesterday I tried half an hour and was terrible....today I tried on iPhone and did it after 2 tries.
    Now I tried on iPad where my main game is and did it at first try.

Did you notice in some parts of the temples there are weird drawings?
    I'm trying to figure out a puzzle temple too, but for now I have no clue.

Game is really brilliant.

17. Skyrise

Drop the bomb and then shoot it using your shield to kill the spider from afar! ;)

18. Skyrise

Thanks!

Hope to have a fix ready for early next week, we're going to investigate the bug during the weekend.

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Awwww you guys!!!!! See what you did there? Made me buy the game with all your comments ;)

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Lol.
    Played 3 hours straight (almost 8 hours now)....did all the torches runs (Yeah for me) explored EVERYTHING possible....solved a ton of puzzles (my head hurts).....and the percentage went from 26 to 29 :p

I'm now stuck at an awesome boss but I'm too tired to beat him now....also I have yet to understand how to kill it....pretty sure the prize will be some power that let me go through those jelly bubbles..

The game rocks, it keeps getting better and better.