Universal forma.8 GO (by Mixedbag Srl)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 14, 2017.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Geez... I usually know if I'll like a game when I see your comments! Looks like this might take me away from my playing Breath of the Wild on my Nintendo Switch.... my backlog of iOS games will likely continue to grow!!!

2. Skyrise

Skyrise Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Mauro from MixedBag here! Thanks for all the support, it's been a long journey for us and finally being able to release forma.8 on iOS means a lot for the whole team!

We started working on the game in early 2012 (!!!) and actually showed a very early build to TouchArcade at E3 2012. It's been a very long time and a lot of stuff happened meanwhile.

Really hope you'll enjoy the game!

If you have any questions, I'm keeping an eye on the thread! :)

Thanks again,
    Mauro & the MixedBag team

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hi Mauro. May I ask how is the saving implemented in the game? Can we save anywhere? Are there checkpoints to save? This doubt is the only thing that keeps me from smashing the purchase button. Thanks.

4. Skyrise

Hi,

The game autosaves:
    - every time you enter a new scene
    - every time you die
    - in certain scenes there are mid-levels save point (you'll recognise them!)
    - if you quit the game (by the save and quit option in the pause menu), all progresses will be saved and you'll restart from the beginning of the scene or from the last checkpoint with all the stuff you've got unlocked.

If you collect something / unlock something / open a door / open a shortcut or stuff like that it get saved if you die / quit and while you'll restart form the beginning of the scene everything will be already unlocked.

It's a very forgiving system and transparent to the user, you don't have to do again stuff you've already done if you die.

Cheers,
    Mauro

5. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    As both an Amiga nerd and "Another World" super fan, I'm sold. #

6. Skyrise

Another World was the main inspiration for the forma.8 look!
    We are huge fans!

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks, sold! I'm going to smash the buy button as I finish typing this reply ;)

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Credimi Mauro, it really shows.
    Down to the sounds!!!

AMAZING atmosphere.
    Can't wait to go home and properly immerse myself in the game.

Couldn't check...does the game support iCloud sync between devices?
    So I can continue in iPad at home?

9. Skyrise

Thanks Pitta! It means a lot for us! :)

Sadly for now we're not supporting iCloud Sync, but it's a feature we'll implement in the future.

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks anyway....now I have to decide where to play it....iPhone always with me or iPad, where it's glorious.

Played 30 mins...encountered and beat first boss, found a path that apparently I can't visit (too slow ;) found new powers and items.
    Absolutely glorious.

As part of a scientific space exploration team (in my mind at least) I feel almost guilty killing all those 'cute' creatures.

The game really grabbed me with iron hand....I'm fully immersed in this alien world.

11. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Totally immersive game. What a week!
    I understanf why it took about 5 years to build this game.
    Congrats to the devs team!

12. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    A fair way into this. It's just wonderful and has a beautifully crafted atmosphere.

Can't recommend it enough if you're into this style.

Bravo devs.

13. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    #33 Kainamor, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Pitta I agree with you 100%. This is my favorite game so far this year. The alien world is stunning and so full of detail, I can't get over it. I love how there is evidence of a lost civilization on the planet. Maybe we discover more? I have put about an hour and fifteen minutes into the game and it states my progress is 9% complete. Looks like we have a decent amount of game here also. Keep in mind though I don't rush through this. I explore everything and really take it in.

14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Downloaded and Looking forward to trying this later - I've been slowly working my way through Old Mans Journey but to be honest I'm getting a bit bored of it now which I really wasn't expecting to given how much I was enjoying it in the early stages....

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The PC version wasn't very well received. How does this translate/improve the transition over to the App Store on the tablet? Considering this one...

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    You want a game to completely get lost in....this is it. I have nothing new to add that hasn't already been said.

Back to playing and all I would say is.... if you haven't downloaded this yet to it now

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Huh? Seems like most professional reviews are about 8/10 and reviews on Steam (although there aren't many) are 92% positive. How is that not well-received?

18. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I think he met is wasn't very popular. Only 13 reviews or so.. the game looks super dope so I'm also surprised more people aren't playing

19. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    a incredible metroidlike sci-fi...love the art, the sound, aaa title right here , top notch game right here.... love no hand holding alot of the mechanics you figure out on your own...

20. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    This is such an amazing game. It's like flying through Another World.