Universal forma.8 GO (by Mixedbag Srl)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ah I see, sorry I misread your post.
    Not sure it's correct but with powers I refer to the ones you activate with swipes.
    The passive ones are power ups, stored in a different section of the UI.

Have a nice exploration :)

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Now it's my turn to aks a spoiler.

Room with the huge monster.

In the room there is a way down I still can't reach.
    The whole bottom part is occupied but the two monsters, mother and child according to the achievement.

How do I go there, assuming I can.

It's the only part I miss to explore.

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Anyone on the fence with this.... Keep at it. Eventually you turn a corner and it all clicks/makes sense.

Was a little fusterating at first as this is definitely not a game that holds your hand. I am no hardcore gamer, but appreciate quality premium games....This is pure quality.

I am completely sucked in and can't wait for what's next.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    So...I just completed the game (76%)

Actually I could have completed some days ago....I missed something in the very end that was right in front of me....today was cruising the levels looking for things and stumbled on it.

WHAT A GLORIOUS GAME.

I'm speechless, awesome game and experience, really varied with some clever puzzles and great bosses.

When you first enter the 'coloroed' temple with that breathtaking vista...that is a moment that will be with the videogameplayer me for a long time.

So...things I thought I had to do but I didn't...and I want to do.

Still can't access the room (on the map) right behind the huge banging head monster.

I found 39 artifacts out of 50 I guess...every 10 artifacts you open a hexagon.

I solved the lost temple puzzle.

I found just one Tetris and never found its corresponding slab.

Found 2 or 3 slabs....I wonder what happens if you find all.

Also, about the story.

So what happened exactly?
    I found an alien forgotten civilization where the in,y things that seems alive are beasts and the still active robots.
    Everything else seems ancient and gone.
    In the end the probe found its way back to the mothership....only to find it destroyed on a ice moon/planet?

Am I missing something?

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Loving this and the amazed by some of the challenges here—very original stuff. I'm a bit stuck though.

I'm in this area with a big legged robot that puts up about 6 targets and fires at you. I can't figure out how to kill it and I'm thinking I don't have the right powers, but I can't figure out where to go. I used one of my keys and it took me to a room with a rotating charger—you get inside it and it lights you up...but I think that's for much later, after opening the other two sides or something.

I think the last power up I got was either the sprint or more powerful bomb.

I was hoping that the sprint would let me squeeze through the bubbly stuff, because that seems to be holding me back.

clues appreciated, thanks!

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Can someone advise me how to beat the second box...the one protecting the third gear

7. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    There seems to be a resolutionbug with the newest update (iPhone 5S).

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The sprint actually let you move through the bubbly stuff

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    What the hell is up with this
    giant hermit crab

I know it can't be what it seems and trying everything. There is no way to backtrack and do some exploring on areas I may have missed.

10. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks Pitta, I must not have the sprint that you guys are talking about...I have the white dot that speeds me up, and I've tried ramming it, pushing through it...

I'm hoping I shouldn't have used that last key somewhere else and am stuck now doing something out of order or something.

I've gotten the first hexagon open and almost got the second...beaten the fire plant, gotten to that ed209 (robocop) looking thing that targets you, 2 torch runs and a Tetris piece...no idea what I'm missing because I feel like I've been pretty thorough.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The sprint I mentioned is the one activated with the up swipe.

Dev told me there are two endings....so I'm now looking to solve everything.

I thought I was stuck several times before I completed it (obviously not optimal ending).....but I was always wrong.
    Sometimes I just let the game There for some hours, then I re visited it and bam....a new map opened, etc...

So....keep at it :p

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    That said....I want to be spoiled now.

Summon dev!!!!

I'm looking for Tetris pieces EVERYWHERE but found just one in a secret area, and I didn't found its slab.

The things that most irks me tough it I still have an unexplored dot in the central/left big area where monster mother and monster son are (precious banging head monster).

How can I reach it?????

Also...any clue about where to start for the Tetris things?, I've really bumped in every wall in every map....
    Weirdest thing I found (so cool) it's the futuridium ship :)

Thanks!!!

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    I think I hit the bug people were talking about.
    after reuniting "mother and child" I worked my way back to the starting room of the game. When I hit the upper right corner of the room, the game shuts down

Do I need to be there or just keep going the other way?

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Just when I thought I was pretty much done (even though only at 50%).... I feel like I just started a whole other game.

unlocked the lost temple and upgraded to the double bomb

I feel like I'm in the TV show Lost.

Amazing just amazing

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For the love of God can someone help me?

I'm at 76 percent, already saw the 'bad' ending.
    40 artifacts, so I have all primary and secondary powers, but 1.
    I 'solved' the Temple.

I have one Tetris piece (the T, no clue where I found it tbh) and saw some slabs (no clue where to find them again).
    Can't find anything else....I imagine the Tetris things + slabs are the key.
    Also in front of the temple there some weird squares.

Can someone point me at least in the right direction?

As far as I remember I found only one secret area, despite bumping in every wall.
    Game crashes in the initial area (where I imagine there is another secret area) and I still can find a way down the huge monster which covers everything.

Only thing of notice I could do in the last 3 days was being able to kill the sun monster that attracts things.

Thanks for helping a poor stranded probe!!!

16. mixtobin

mixtobin Member

Aug 28, 2016
    I have cleared 100% except one achievement :)
    - named "You're not alone".
    There is a hidden passage in the room where parent and child monsters are.

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #197 Pitta, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Thank you.

Can you please..

Spoil me?
    I bumped in every surface in that room and unless I'm dumb or hit a bug, I can't find it for the life of me.

The exit in apparently in the lower part of the room, but the monster covers it all.

Also...I'm pretty sure I need to find the Tetris things...any hint where to start?

Thanks, much appreciated!!!

EDIT: never mind I'm dumb.....I just found it!!!
    And that room had exactely what I needed to continue the final quest I guess.
    Thanks!!!

EDIT 2: EUREKA!!!!! In like 10 minutes I cracked the puzzle finally...86 percent and I found
    a little...compass???

18. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #198 Solarclipse, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    I've been stuck on a boss for a few days now, the one after the pinball situation, with three energy topes tied to,the center of the room...

Sorry I can't do spoiler tags on the toucharcade app very well, but I've tried attacking it, pushing it into the red and blue buttons, bouncing back its weapons, and guiding its weapons to hit all the red and blue buttons...but nothing happens.

I've been told I'm on the right track but there must be something I'm missing or a weird bug going on...thanks for any help!

UPDATE: solved with some help from a forum member, thanks again @JPGold. Seriously, this game is so well thought out it blows me away.

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #199 Pitta, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Just 100% the game and got the real ending.

Absolutely GLORIOUS, awesome Metroidvania which gave me my sci-fi fix and the some.

Highly recommended.

About the real ending (heavy spoilers)

WTF?
    I didn't understand exactly what was going on....the probe saved another probe (evil forma)....and then they are still stuck in this planet for millennia?

20. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    There are still graphicissues since the last update on iPhone 5S. The game looks like low-res upscaled in low quality.

Before this update the graphics were fine.

Greetz Chris