iPhone Forgotten Places - Lost Circus HD: Reveal the meaning behind strange dreams

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Moarite, Apr 9, 2011.

1. purejenix

purejenix Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    #21 purejenix, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
    Yes, it's our fault. :( Will fix this in next update. Thanks!

2. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I'm enjoying this more than the Big Fish offerings.

3. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I am enjoying this game, but I think I found a glitch.

I'm in the utility room, and it says I have 17 objects to find. So, I find all the ones listed, and they disappear one by one as normal, but when they are all gone, it says either 15/17 found or 13/17 found (tried this scene many times). When I touch the "hint", it will highlight an area (like the scissors), but there is no corresponding item to find - the area between "Items Found 15/17" and "Menu" is totally blank.

Any ideas aside from starting over (albeit it's not too far into the game, but...)

4. bunger

bunger Active Member

May 26, 2010
    I have the exact problem - very frustrating!

5. purejenix

Apr 27, 2011
    We apologize for that bug, the new update with fix is on Apple's review and will be available in a few days.
    Thank you for patience.

6. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks so much - we really appreciate it!

7. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    those photos are kind of freaky. Looks cool though for sure

8. purejenix

Apr 27, 2011
    The update 1.4

The update (1.4) with fix is available on the iTunes.
    We apologize for any inconveniences caused by bug in update 1.3.

And here are a new promo codes:
    PT3YANERMWRN
    ER37MJKP6R43
    3WLJYNE79APT
    X49FREFH399E
    P4LL676R6RK4

9. Marco.drum

Marco.drum Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    music
    Italy
    #29 Marco.drum, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
    P4LL676R6RK4

redeemed

this looks awesome, will review it in the Italian store for sure :)

edit: playing it, very well done, nice and challenging game!
    but, be care of English-Italian translation, sometimes there are few mistakes :)

10. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    #30 gnadenlos, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
    Unfortunately the fix is wrong again. The real translation for "Lost Circus" would be "Verlorener Zirkus" and not "Verlorene Zirkus".

Even "Vergessene Orte - Velorener Zirkus" would be a rough translation, because german grammar actually requires a "noun marker", so it should be "Die vergessenen Orte - Der verlorene Zirkus" or at least "Vergessene Orte - Der verlorene Zirkus". Please notice how the spelling changes ("verlorener" <-> "verlorene"), if you add or remove the "noun marker". This is caused by inflection - something you won't find a lot in modern english, but you will notice it in some "middle english" movies.

Otherwise we are used to english movie and game titles, so it would be possible (and my preferred translation) to use "Forgotten Places - Der verlorene Zirkus". This kind of mixed language for movie titles is used a lot if the foreign words are not too complicated. "Forgotten" and "Places" should be simple enough for everyone who learned english in school.

The screenshots show some more translation bugs. For example the text "Entdecken Sie die Bedeutung hinter seltsame Träume in diese unheimliche Begegung Hidden Object." is just terrible. A possible translation would be: "Entdecken Sie die Bedeutung von seltsamen Träumen in diesem unheimlichen Wimmelbild-Abenteuer".

If you compare that to your translation you will see, that it's not just one or two misspelled words, but a completely different syntax and wording. These screenshots won't sell games for you. You really need some help with your translation - at least from a native speaker, if you don't want to afford a professional translation.

11. purejenix

Apr 27, 2011
    Thank you for pointing this out. :( It's our bad we did not use professional translator for title, description and screenshots (all in-game texts were translated professionally). We'll fix that in future versions.

12. leila777

leila777 New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    I'm stuck near the beginning, so I think someone can help me - hate when there's no walkthroughs, I always use them, and I love this game.

So at the beginning, there's the first puzzle where you have to touch the three animals that have pawprints under all 3, nightvision, infrared, etc. - easy to figure out, but is there a special order to do it in or something?

I know you can skip it (and I always do, with most puzzles, but this isn't even one, and I like the game) so what am I doing wrong?

13. lakerz

lakerz New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    stuck help

I'm stuck in the room where u repair the UFO...after I repair it nothing happens, but the hammer and glue keep sparkling but what am I missing help

14. purejenix

Apr 27, 2011
    You need to wear (touch) every vision device and find what animals have pawprints in every "vision".

15. purejenix

Apr 27, 2011
    Don't understand what scene is it? Could you describe it?

16. purejenix

Apr 27, 2011