Universal Forgotten Memories (by TBC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Oh I know, I'm awful for this kind of thing! I just don't go in the dark end of the forums - I have a huge backlog as it is without drooling over games I can't even have! I have zero patience for games I really want so it's for the best :D

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    12am in the UK but nothing

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I don't really understand and I genuinely apologise for the confusion this has caused. It's clearly coming as someone's managed to buy it, but other than that I just don't know. The last two release windows have seen nothing come out as well, so maybe there's just a temporary hiccup and it will tumble into our hands soon.

Edit: Unless it's operating off US time like their facebook feed suggests. Which would put it at 4am tonight in the UK. Not great though, sorry.

4. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    While it doesn't answer why it might have briefly popped up, the developer who posts here said over in the Upcoming thread it's due everywhere at midnight Eastern time. :) Not for several hours yet, in that case.

EDIT: Ninja'd, sort of.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Amazing game that will easily surpass the hype, it’s that good.

Everything anybody could want from a horror game on any platform at all.
    It really nails a fear inducing atmosphere that wil scare the bejaysus out of you.
    Even more so if you're brave enough to play it in the dark with headphones. Now that's really scary.

Plus it looks downright gorgeous and runs at a solid 60fps on newer devices.
    That is quite an achievement.
    Easily a new visual benchmark that a lot of developers are gonna have to raise their game very seriously
    just to come close to.

Don't even think about it, just mash that buy button (once the link works again) and enjoy a serious contender for Game of the Year
    that will undoubtedly appear on every such list that you'll see published next December/January
    (and will be featured quite heavily by Apple this week and going forward, it’s that good).

Not going to ruin it for anybody by spoiling the story but just so you know, there is a proper story and I think horror fans will love it and those not familiar with horror will just be amazed.

Its horror so expect somewhat familiar themes and elements but that won’t change the impact of it.
    The suspense and just how well the atmosphere creeps you out while playing, proper hair on the back of the neck standing up freaked the hell out kind of stuff.

I genuinely cannot say enough good things about this one. A truly brilliant experience. And it’s on a device in my pocket. Can’t get any better than that really.

And just as a quick note for those concerned about "episodic" games, the next episode is well in development already. It is a while away yet I'd imagine because it will be even bigger and better, but it is very much in progress and not dependent on the chart performance of this one so have no concerns. It’s also worth noting that each one will stand on its own and won’t be dependent on the other to be followed story wise but they will be interlinked.

What are you doing still reading this??
    Just go mash that Buy button!! (Once the link starts working of course)
    You will not regret it.
    You will genuinely be amazed that this kind of thing can be done on a mobile device.
    And don't even think about the price, it's HUGE value for money as its a true and proper five star game on any platform.

6. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    You shouldn't be able to buy this. It's coming out everywhere simultaneously at 12am EST. Also this looks fake as hell. Either you bought the wrong game or you're trolling. If you're actually telling the truth, somehow, I'm sure Tato can help later

7. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I hope he's trolling because that looks hilarious, not scary.

8. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    It's 8 pm in the U.S. Right now so this should be out in 3-4 hours from right now...for those of you outside of the States. #

9. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I saw a 'leaked' version on AppCake, look's like the dev is having fun with pirates (if that's the case, great job Tato, I love this antipriracy tactics, they are just hirlarious).
    BTW: I don't use AppCake, I'm on iOS 8.3 but a friend of mine who's hyped for this sent me the link and I checked it out.

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I thought it was going to be released on the 24th ?

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    When it hits the 23rd in North America, it'll release everywhere internationally at once.
    It's not a normal rolling international release that releases in each time zone as it hits the date in each individual zone, it's once off everywhere but going by North American local time and date.
    Think along the lines of any of the Infinity Blade releases in the past.
    So expect it to be live everywhere in about three hours give or take. Probably a bit before that as all the prep is done.
    So not too long to go and that link will be live.

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Only buying it tomorrow to give another big premium title my insta-support.
    My backlog is growing again, and since this is "only" episode one and not even my genre, i can take my time with it.

I watched Twitch today and they seemed to have great scary fun with it and specially praised the high production value.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, each episode will stand on its own story wise so for now I wouldn't even consider the episodic nature.
    They will of course be linked in an overarching storyline but each one will still be independent enough of the other to not require all of them.
    Plus each one will be well worth the solo experience.
    I won't spoil it by saying how long each one lasts, that unknown is very much part of the pleasure of a play through, but it is a long game that will provide plenty of hours of fun. Scary, edge of seat suspense fear type of fun of course.

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Can't wait for the release of this. It's been a long time coming. I've been following this game for what feels like forever.

15. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    OMG. Ermagurddd.

It's - finally - here. I've been waiting years! Woohoo.

But wait... Links broken, /dreams crushed

Let's hope it's fixed by tonight 12 midnight est

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Where is it?

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow so they released a messed up version for pirates. That's kind of funny.

18. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    so what about the replay value ? prerty concern about the length of this game

19. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    i remembered it will be 3.5-4 hours if you play straight through
    it's plenty of quality horror time
    why you would be concerned??
    it's freaking cheap......

20. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #40 TheOutlander, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    This is really funny, someone released back in '13 a 'helper' app for the game, so that could mean:A) The Doctor allowed someone to travel through time to get a guide 2 years before the game is even released or B) Apple believes that time travel is real so they allow devs to publish guides for unreleased games.
    BTW: My gf is gonna kill me, this last 2 weeks have been absolutely filled with great releases and she'll notice when we get the recipts (I always pay them anyways but she still dislikes the idea of spending on mobile games :/ )