Universal Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities (by Psychose Interactive Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Apr 23, 2015.

1. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I really appreciate the artistic integrity on display here. I don't mind the stingy save system system at all. I embrace it. Would've bought this one at $10 or $15.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Ok people the dev spoke himself in here! The game was not intended for the masses. IMO this means we will probably not see an update with auto -save feature. So i guess we casual players can play our casual games and let this great game for the hardcore ones. It is fine with me. I hope all you hardcore gamers enjoy this one it is a great one!!!! Grats to the devs!!!!!

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #103 Luciano1084, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    This looks great but I'll be honest and hopefully I don't to much flak for this.. I might be to scared to even enjoy playing this.. Yeah and I'm 30... Watching these gameplay vids creeped me the f out ###

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's fine, I beta tested in an iPad 4. Pretty much full graphics at 30-45 fps. It's a really pretty game, and an outstanding horror experience to boot. Go get it.

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    cmon, johnny, weve been waiting for this day to come, right?. i know some games might disappoint you in the past, but i promise thats not the case with this one, as long as a classy survival horror game is what you looking for and you have plenty of time to explore the game.
    hmm i know i might get banned somehow for throwing to many post in this thread. but one thing though, a great games doesnt need to be defended. it will grows bigger and its audience will find their way to play it. wtf am i talking here (now i sound like rip :p LOL just jk buddy). im done, just keep playing guys and ill see you again tmrw. cheers. :D

6. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    Congrats to tato and the whole team, this game has been in the making for a long time and it has been fine tuned with the help of the community, survival horror games is exactly what it implies, survival, it be hard if it wasn't hard it be called happy go easy lucky horror fantasy game lol

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Very true. Be interesting to see peoples opinions tomorrow after a real good play with the game. I've had a good chunk but i dont want to 'ruin' the experience so i'm waiting till late tonight.

Bit like watching a horror film in the middle of the day, not quite the same

8. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    #108 Stevencarla, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    so about the saving thing, just wanna mkae this clear, is it like the bio hazard 1 where u have to get an ink ribbon then to the typewriter for saving? if thats the case , i think its acceptable for a game like this one.

P.S anyway, if the dev could add an" easy mode with more saving chance " for casual players, everyone would be happy. no more arguments. LOL

9. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Love what, I assume, is the main theme. It's so damn lush. Really wasn't expecting such polish, even though I've been following the game since forever ago.

Fantastic to have this on my phone.

Hope the devs make a truckload of money.

10. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I've been just killed by those dolls with knives :D that part was scary as hell.

11. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    We are discussing such possibility now. Probably add few more floppy disks here and there but it wont change the nature of the game which is challenging.
    And yeah, the save system is exactly the same you found in BioHazard1 (Resident Evil 1/Remake). Instead of Typewriters and Ink ribbons you find computers and floppy disks. The save system is part of the gameplay itself. :)
    Cheers,

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats all we could ever hope for! A few more saves all over would probably make a lot of people happy including me :)

13. Btw, why are you guys now Psychose instead of Psychoz? Just curious.

14. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    cool, so for old gamers like me its not a problem then, and yes i think its easier for casual players to approach by adding more floppy disks. for such a well polished game, its a pity if people get scared by the saving part but not the story itself, this game should deserves more admiration by most of the gamers , not just a tiny group of hardcore players.. anyway, thats just my opinion, hope it helps you guys to make a further adjustment on the saving part.

15. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Good to hear that with much respect to bring a game with such production value to mobile devices. A game that truly show the example what are games real gamers play. Buying it right after this post considering I have been waiting for this for quite awhile. Been checking almost entire day earlier but it's not up until now that I check the forum again. Especially your statement makes this a 1000% instabuy for me. And likely will buy another copy when you release the Vita version. :)

16. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Thank you! Shall play during day time first...assess the horror ratings first to be safe.

17. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    No spoilers, please.

18. horizoniki

horizoniki Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    So much blabbering about the saving system and not a single opinion on the game itself. The gameplay? What does it play like? The story, atmosphere? Look, first and foremost we're talking a horror game here.

19. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Ok. Sorry. I'm too excited lol. A veteran died for the 4th time... It's really challenging ;)

20. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I really like how searching for "Forgotten Memories" on the AppStore gives you two results: Forgotten Memories and Lost Within! Looks like they added our game into their search category.