Universal Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities (by Psychose Interactive Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Apr 23, 2015.

1. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Bought! Downloading! Finally! ;)

2. So a question for all of those who have had prior playtime with this game: How exactly is the horror handeled within the game?

Does it end up relying on cheap jump scares for a lot of the scares (example: The Lisa murder jump scares in PT), or is it more...atmospheric? Going back to PT for the example, I feel that, aside from the random jump scares, it did a great job building up this horror atmosphere whilst not making things feel sort of like they're forcing you to be scared - it was more subtle in a sense

For me, I feel like this more subtle horror stuff ends up being more enjoyable. So is the horror within the game like that, the more subtle type of horror?

Yes, I'm a bit of a scaredy cat :)

3. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Really looking forward to this enjoyed silent hill and resident evil back in the day!

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Remember that floppy Are strictly limited,You really Need to take lot of care of them..It's a Challenging Game,Like evey "real" Old School Survival Horror Games..

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #25 Rip73, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Its all about atmosphere.
    There is of course some jump scares but its primarily the atmosphere and sense of impending doom that really makes the hair on your neck stand up.

Its possible that the save will not suit casuals but its a proper hardcore experience that they are going for here, they want immersion and a truly tense experience.
    They want to appeal to the "hardcore" audience and cater for those people.
    Auto save didn't give that.
    I still think casuals will enjoy it but its important to note this is not a casual game and was never meant to be.
    It is meant to be an experience. And it certainly is that.

Considering how little time I spend commenting at all these days (I just comment on the exceptional stuff these days), I'd be in serious financial difficulty if it were the case.:)

And delighted you're downloading.
    I'm 100% sure people will be amazed and enjoy the hell out of this one.

This is one of those rare games that genuinely needs to be supported.
    A small team on a small budget creating something masterful at a "premium" price with no iap and catering for the smaller marketplace of a proper full scale gaming experience on mobile with a pay once price and no future micro transactions or pay walls. Something in which the players skill alone determines their progress.
    I mean, how could anybody not support that?
    Especially considering how brilliant the game is.

I still don't consider a fiver a premium price but the market seems to so I guess I have to but it is extraordinary value for money and definitely worth ten times that.
    It is on discount at launch so everybody be sure and pick it up.

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I don't always buy the games I beta test :cool:, but when I do it's worth every penny!
    Money well spent :D

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah, exactly why im really impressed with the decision to go all-out for the experience. I am pointing out that it could possibly be a point-of-complaint for the casual user-base, which is a lot bigger than those we would consider iOS gamer.

Im hoping the game picks up in terms of revenue, and we get chapter after chapter in a timely manner.

8. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    is there any map in game?i am lost without flashlight...

9. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Ladies and Gentlemen. Let a day of " OMG " commense. So... Beautiful... Insta buy

10. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    In the beta there is not. That's part of the game. You need to be very careful and make sure you use the flash light only when needed. Also find the charge points so you know where they are

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hehehe... iOS gaming spoiled you my friend. :D

12. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i cant bealive how hard is this game,really need cheats or unlimited weapons...i will give 500$ who finish this hardest game ever...

13. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    #34 paulkolin86, Apr 23, 2015
    OMG! Those shadows! I'm using iPad air 2 for gaming. The game looks amazing...wow.
    Even the camera movement ( when you look around ) is different than in other games...I really can't describe it.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Or you may want to ask for IAPs for unlimited save, unlimited ammo, unlimited health. LAWL.

15. #36 AppUnwrapper, Apr 23, 2015
    Haven't bought yet. Honestly, that save system is a huge turnoff for me. And maybe something that should be mentioned in the app description? A lot of players may buy it for the atmosphere, not realizing it's so hardcore. It's fine if you want to market to the hardcore audience, but be open about that.

16. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Looks White Knight in some respects (not art direction but literally everything else from gameplay to shadow usage). Looks great, but I just may wait on getting this even if I have to pay more... Just not in the mood to play this type of game right now and too many other games I need to plow through first...

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It's what is putting me off slightly if I'm honest.... But that's just my personal opinion on saving. I'm aware that others will be happy with it but I'm not sure it's for me.
    Still, I might crack and pick it up!

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just read the Pocket Gamer review, 'kinda' agree with them about the save functionality. I play games in short bursts here and there (eg baby wakes up then i have to stop !). Might be a bit of a pain if i'm halfway through a section where i cant save.

I'll see how i get on but i love mobile gaming as i can have a quick game here and there. Think its a bold decision to have the save functionality the way they have

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It is mentioned in the app description.
    "Limited save points".
    That's the whole point, it's meant to be challenging. Not having handholding is what makes the experience even more satisfying.

Ip4weather, I'll take that 500, thanks.:)

It can be done and even seems easy when you look back at it afterwards.
    It really just shows how little actual thought is necessary in most modern games. And that is just a little bit sad.

This one pulls no punches, holds no hands.
    In other words, it is a proper challenging experience that is even more satisfying once completed.
    That's too rare these days and makes this one stand out even more.