Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I can't wait for this! Online multiplayer.. This only needs weapons and ego perspective and it'll be Left 4 Dead on the iPhone!
    I know, haters gonna hate.

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    #62 ShadowsFall, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    Where does it say online multiplayer?

it can be bluetooth/wifi local

3. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    Here

4. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    Thanks sammysin :) I can't wait for this game either. Fingers crossed, it will be the first true scary game on the App Store.

5. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    My gosh, that looks utterly amazing. I can't wait!

6. tchibo126

tchibo126 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Germany
    lovers gonna love!!!:)

7. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    *high five*

8. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Don't hold your breath on multiplayer for this game too. We are dead from holding our breath on this developers last release.

9. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    It says unique multiplayer, i dont think that means online

10. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    You have to realize that this is a suspect Dev team at best. Not exactly reliable or dependable. I anticipate nothing from this title. If it happens, it happens. And if it doesn't. Well, let's just say I won't be shocked.

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    You sure? They did come out with like 3 large updates very quickly about dead strike addressing the multiple problems. The only thing they didn't get to was the multiplayer, and with good reason too.

12. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    What was the good reason?

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Poor sales.

14. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Like I said earlier, When a developer uses "Buy now before price goes up to $5.00 when multiplayer is added in January" and its December, and now its July
    and the developer is using "It didn't sell well to finish adding multiplayer, Btw here are some in game ads" and disappears with out a trace. Personally the only reason I check this thread is to show proof of why not to support this developer who fails to deliver. Sorry Tat... You failed

If you Have not bought Deadstrike and your goign to buy his next game Please do yourself a favor and make sure he doesn't deliver a half made game with future promised updates of anything..

15. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    I think the game looks very promising, and will offer a genre of game that the App Store currently lacks: 3D survival psychological horror.

The videos look great, the images look great.
    I think we should all wait and see what the final game plays like before anyone starts criticising the developer(s). The game looks fantastic. It certainly looks a lot more impressive and polished than Dead Strike. So why all the harsh criticism. The developer hasn't failed by any means. I think a lot of people don't seem to realise that a lack of money does hinder progress/development. Hopefully this game will be everything people want it to be and will succeed in the App Store.

16. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    Here is another image from the game...

Attached Files:

17. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia

Lets face it Dead Strike had a good idea behind it and it wanted to be good. But ultimately it wasn't and never will be. This on the other hand looks absolutely fantastic and I'll support the dev every step of the way If I get a good silent hill-ish type game on my iPod.

It will succeed in the App Store, that's for sure. I'd pay at least $15 for a Silent Hill-ish type game on my ipod that was actually decent and worked. I wish Silent Hill 1 would get ported already!

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You are an information machine my fellow Welsh friend.

19. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    #79 barl, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks Sammysin :)

20. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #80 tatoforever, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    Dear Touch Arcade friends.
    Lets start about Dead Strike,
    Yes, the game was a fail, we are aware of it, we should simply not release it or at least polish it/add more features before release. A big mistake i know, we were running quite low on our budget and we had to chose between earn nothing ($) or sell some copies.
    Once the game was launched, we managed to find a partner to fund the multiplayer update. Our partner was asking too much in return, not only a high revenue share but also game source code. We broke and so multiplayer update was completely down. I know this have nothing to do with you, I'm just telling you what happened to Dead Strike.
    To be honest, this is something that happens quite often on bigger studios, 25-50% of projects goes down, because money, technology or design. The main difference with us, is that we are a bit more open and we released an incomplete game, Dead Strike. Again, we were forced to chose between earn nothing ($) or sell some copies. All that because we chose the riskier path, "self-publishing".

But now,
    Things have changed a bit, they are quite different now. We have more ressources, better technology, more support and dudes working on this game. :)
    The technology we have now, let us deploy to any major platform:
    PC/MAC
    WEB (anything, from Steam to Facebook with streaming capabilities).
    Android (supporting fixed function pipeline OGL ES1.1 to pixel shaders OGL ES2.0, normal maps, any kind of pixel light, real-time shadows and lots of fancy special effects!)
    IPhone/Itouch/Ipad (same, OG ESL1.1/2.0)
    X360
    PS3
    WII
    So if you are a publisher interested in Forgotten Memories, drop me an email to:
    tatoforever AT psychozinteractive DOT com

The coming demo will be playable in iPhone/PC/Mac/Web.
    The final release coming this winter will be available to all platforms: iPhone.
    Android, PC/Mac/Web etc.

Forgotten Memories will provably be the first game with full body/face motion capture animation and lip-sync on the iPhone platform. The minimum hardware requirement to play the game are: iPhone 3GS/ iPod Touch 3G (32/64GB) but the iPhone 4G is our recommended platform. Not because all the special effects, is because the CPU power. The iPhone4G have a very powerful CPU that lets us simulate real-time cloth/ropes/ragdollz in the game with-out any sort of visible lag.
    We got really inspired from major survival horror games.
    But i would say that this inspiration is more for the environments itself as the gameplay (the core) of the game is quite new and different. The game contains quite a lots levels, a Huge Hospital with 5 floors including a basement level, fully explorable. It also have a lots of outdoor levels.
    Levels are streamed on the background, you can go from one room into a corridor, or simply get out to an out door level without any loading. Enemies can also get in the room were you are hiding and look for you! The action or the "stress/tension" never ends. ;)
    FM is not the traditional, "find a gun and fire everyone on your path" or "get the key to open this/that door", etc. Of course it contains quite a lots of survival horror elements but theirs a lot and more stuff involved in the gameplay itself. The interaction between characters/environments and the fear/emotions/actions they will feel/made being on a situation, is quite important to pass through or "to survive". ^^
    We have concentrated all our efforts/resources on the "psychological fears" and is also a key element of the game. ;)
    A free playable demo is coming this summer to the App-Store, you will see by yourself what's Forgotten Memories is. :)
    Now a special gift to Touch Arcade users, images from the game.

Note: Some image are/still W.I.P and sorry for the big resolution, be aware. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toilets2

[​IMG]

For more environment showcase go to the first post of this thread.

Characters:

Main character, Rose:

Less than 8k Tris.
    Materials: hair, eyes, body, clothes1, clothes2.
    Diffuse, Normal, AO and Specular maps.
    Rigged, yes.
    Animations: In progress.

Warning nude Pic, 17+, W.I.P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Secondary character, Arthur:
    Less than 8k Tris.
    Materials: hair, eyes, body, clothes1.
    Diffuse, Normal, AO and Specular maps.
    Rigged, Yes.
    Animations: In progress.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real-time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have any question go ahead, I'll try to answer without leaking too much. Feel free to post your impressions/feedbacks.

Can some mod/admin edit this post to minimize these big images please? I'm a touch-arcade forum noob, sorry. ^^
    Warm regards to all our supporters and touch arcade users from Psychoz Interactive!!!
    Cheers,