Universal Forgotten Ball (By joshua croft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Frennis

Frennis Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sydney
    Thanks Devjsc I look forward to the fix. Just to confirm, originally I quit from the menu's exit option. I tried restarting the game properly (flicked off active list first) and even a full iPod restart.

2. Devjsc

Devjsc Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Hey, yes you've just fallen to the start of the game. That fall is meant to be like 'woah, so much game' haha.

Didn't think about auto-rotate, was just a personal preference so consider that enabled.

3. Devjsc

Devjsc Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, I have fixed this, a shocking issue really. Just getting a few more fixes in and then we should be good. Sorry about a slight delay for getting back into it - but you won't lose your save progress when the update is released, that was key for me.

4. bluechipps

bluechipps Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks a ton!

5. Frennis

Frennis Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sydney
    I have updated and can pass the part with the descending orange bar. Now I'm in the general area where you get the custard skin. It seems glitchy. There are places where the tracking gets lost. Instead of turning a corner "on rails" the ball can fall off into infinity without dying, and if it happens to land somewhere far below then the tracking is still lost. There's one part where a turquoise gem-like attractor will pull the ball off track unless it's floating against the upper path but is it causing widespread chaos? Is this area supposed to be like this?

6. Devjsc

Devjsc Member

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm so sorry, I can't believe that slipped through - I played up to where you are on my lunch, will fix tonight. Build should be updated quickly. This is a single issue - I was adding more game world to the game; and a 'tweak' made it into the live build. Damn.

7. Devjsc

Devjsc Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Updated game, includes 2 days of QA. Confident in this build.

8. Devjsc

Devjsc Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Also, unsure how interested people are; but a free update before Christmas will make Forgotten Ball VR compatible (Oculus/PC and mobile).

Also, per multiple requests I am adding in controller support; including Fire TV.

9. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Was waiting for imps on this one and I'll take the bite now. Seems right up my alley and the dev is very active which is always a plus :)

10. Devjsc

Devjsc Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Yep, been working on this game for a long time hardly about to stop giving it attention xD
    Another thing of note is going to be adding custom colours; so that users can choose the colour of objects - unsure when that will be introduced tho, very conscious of not rushing builds now.

11. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    It's a nice game, has an old-style feel to the platforming which involves backtracking to see what buttons do, but a fresh presentation graphically. I've yet to grow on the autoturning mechanic, though, since sometimes it feels like I should be able to drop to a lower level or turn to somewhere that the game just simply doesn't let me do. I like the floating concept, it's a very nice addition that I don't think I've seen done before, but haven't played for long enough yet to see if more twists are added. It's quite cool IMO but the expansive level design sometimes works against the game's favour in sometimes feeling aimless.