Universal Forget-Me-Not (by Nyarlu Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 22, 2011.

1. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I bought this game the moment it was released last night and have been playing it on my iPad every since. Gotta agree, this game is freakin' sweet!

I just bought their LSD shaving game too, gonna try that one next.

2. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    What type of on screen multiplayer is it, co-op or free for all? It would be great if it had both :p

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    You folks are making me want to buy this. It's not like I haven't spent too much already. Oh, yes I have. Being universal is a big plus seeing how I'll be getting an iPad 2 once the thing ships. Going to buy it in a bit.

4. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    OK you guys piqued my interest, going to go download now. As previously mentioned, many of the members in this thread know an excellent retro game when they see one!

5. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    i thank u both. never been a cheap guy and im a strong supporter of indie devs. recently the price drops been out of control and while a casual passer-by might appreciate it, early adopters are getting taken to the wash, myself included. you got a strong following here dev and a few dollars from me(i first-dayed magnetic shaving derby for its pixel goodnees:D).

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #46 Coldar, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    That guy copped the same attitude with the dev in Tiny Wings.:rolleyes:
    I believe the mods even deleted it.
    Take note of his sig.
    Add: "DEMANDING: satisfaction, TINY WINGS CONTENT!!!". So your asking huh?....hah

Anyway, I'm looking at this and the video looks kind of pac manish which I don't care for but the action part has my interest. Looking more closely now.:)

7. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #47 nesio718, Mar 23, 2011
    No. I went in there asking for content, an update, more gameplay(something) and people threw a fit cause appearantly I didn't grovel hard enough. Now the topic is full of people asking for the same stuff. Please don't come at me without facts....[​IMG]

I don't even have a slight attitude with the devs of this game. I just wanted to know if they had plans to reduce the price soon after release as other devs have been doing recently.

im not entirely sure why my words in that topic resonated so strongly with u?? anyways im not looking for a debate, just clearing the air...

on topic: how many achievements are there? havent booted the game yet...

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    If you play the game in Shuffle mode you might luck into seeing a super late game stage right off the bat (not that it will tell you what the level parameters the current maze generated was based from, but still).

9. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This game looks like awesome fun and something original!

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So what screen orientation are you all playing on? I'm mainly using landscape, somehow it feels bigger even though obviously it isn't... but switching to portrait gives the whole game a different feel so it's cool switching up up occasionally. More games should have this feature :)

11. jehbeh

jehbeh Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Absolutely love this game! I'm not sure how I feel about adding music in an update... Its almost perfect the way it is as the sound effects are mind blowing and have my ears covered.

To the developer: do you plan on adding more content to the game in some way or another? Perhaps a mechanic or two to make it lean just a tiny bit more towards a roguelike-ish experience? And perhaps an alternate mode that has an end goal, though a difficult one. (i.e. Beat 20 levels)

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds like a boss rush to me. Boss enemies?! Something of a whacky idea, but the game is whacky.

13. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Been playing the crap out of this game, it's pure awesome!!!

14. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    how do the controls work in this game?

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    You just swipe. Up/down/left/right. Shooting is automatic and once you start to move that's automatic until you hit a wall. To grind you swipe towards the wall as you travel along it and if a corner comes up you'll auto turn.

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sig worthy!

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Just a mention: I didn't have a problem with the controls at the start, but as I get deeper into the game and the action becomes more frantic, I'm finding them to be somewhat lacking. I don't think it is because the controls don't work, but rather because when under pressure it can be tricky to draw a straight line and very easy for your finger to slip into the diagonal without any kind of visual or tactile feedback. Pad option with tap to change direction please?

18. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Good game, but why does the developer insist on turning off my music when the game starts. It even gets turned off if I have turned off all sounds in the game.

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #59 Kepa, Mar 23, 2011
    This game has really good gameplay. The randomized generation aspect is something I love, too. It's pretty intense. I really like it so far!

Except for the your own bullets hitting you bit. Though I guess that's just a personal hatred of mine. I hated it in the maze-shooter games I remember from way back, and in those games you hit a button to shoot manually. In this one, you can't turn the shooting off. Aaaaaaaa.

The real important thing is that I'm beating Madgarden's score.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Game Impressions

First impressions of FMN: Wow! If you like Minotaur Rescue or Minotron, this is a win. If you like PacMan, this is a win. If you like two bit dungeon crawlers, this is a win. I know in thread they compare it to fargoal, I see the comparrison. For me it's more like PacMan's ugly redheaded step child. It's got attitude and grit. It takes an eighties arcade classic into the next generation but keeps the original elements there. I can see the developer looking at PacMan and seeing a maze. Then he looks at a dungeon crawler and sees another maze and thinks, how can I combine those. What came from that marriage is brilliant. The random generated levels creates a twist that throws it off the charts. Am I gushing enough. Bravisimo.