Universal Forever Lost: Episode 2 - (by Glitch Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Jen425

Jen425 Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Nm, I figured out the puzzle and finished the game

2. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    I possibly just emailed you? Or at least someone that has the same issue anyway...

Awesome! What did you think of the game? No ending spoilers please :)

3. Lechatcurieux

Lechatcurieux Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Think outside the box, update installed, bug fixed and working perfectly. Thanks x

4. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Check The Small Print

I'm stuck on the above puzzle, I've read the entire thread but can't find an answer. (When people are answering posts and giving hints it would be REALLY useful if they made reference to the point in question. It's not always consecutive !!!!)

Okay so I think it's something to do with the blood on the slides? And the print is a fingerprint rather than text? I've tried using the magnifier glass on the shutter in the canteen, and bloodied slides, also took photos of both and tried to magnify.

Then I tried to use the mallet on both, just because I'm getting frustrated. Can someone just tell me what to do please as I have real life stuff to get on with. Ta everso x

5. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    You're on the right track, but not that kind on print either.....

6. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Finally finished it, and I can't wait for episode 3, do you think it will be out in 2013 or not?

7. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Check the small print....solution

oh okay, it's a foot print. Boy i feel stupid. In the art room, use your magnifying glass to check the smallest footprint. This will give you the red/yellow/green combination for the blood slides.

8. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Did this....

...have any relevance to the game at all?

Attached Files:

9. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    It has relevance to the story :)

10. reelweezerfish

Jul 4, 2012
    How exactly do you open the gym doors? I have the symbols from the bathroom and I used my uvlight on the 12 bird picture. I know what to do, still just can't figure out which ones I need exactly. Thanks!

11. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    If you take a picture of both the mirror symbols and the UV symbols on the 12 birds note you can then display both images via the minus button on the photo album at the gym door. Having them all visible at the same time really helps.

12. shintan17

shintan17 New Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Where is the billboard? Left to the Jason bedroom? Can't find it

13. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Just finished the game last night. Awesome game! Loved every minute and cant wait for the next installment. My girlfriend and I played in increments every other night when we had the opportunity. I know that it's recommended to play alone with headphones although playing together was a sure sweet experience. She wanted me to ask if
    The cat pic on the laptop was one of the dev's pets.

I wanted to ask
    Was the drainage near the keycard door ever intended to be used for anything in particular? Maybe I picked something off of it and had forgotten about it. Also will the wedding ring be used in the next chapter or was there an event/puzzle I overlooked where it came into use?

Again awesome game, awesome story! The wait for the next game is gonna kill me.

14. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    #114 David1953, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    There is a timed puzzle where you have exactly seven seconds to complete an action, and I am "too slow" every time. (Once, I was close enough to see the door open, but it closed just when I clucked on it) It doesn't help that the back arrow is slow to react, wasting precious seconds. Perhaps the developers might consider giving a few more seconds to complete this puzzle, or it is entirely possible that I am missing something here.

By the way, I hate timed puzzles in adventure games, especially if there is no margin for error.

15. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    It's in the clutter room to the right just after the bedroom. It will be turned off though.

Really glad you liked it and it's awesome that you were able to play together, that's really cool!

You're right, the cat belongs to the partner of Simon :)

The drain was originally going to be used for stuff but we decided against it and just put in an awful pun instead :) You didn't miss anything about the ring, it wasn't used in episode 2...

We misjudged how close that time limit was so we will be increasing it in an update.

16. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    game freeze when i put "colour circles" on the table(blue,yellow...),so i remove this game:mad:

ipad4 6.1.3...

17. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    That's good news about adding time to the timed puzzle, glad to hear it! I did get by that section by consulting a walkthrough to get the needed clue.

I really should add that I am thoroughly enjoying the game, I like the puzzles, and look forward to the update.

18. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Sorry about this, we haven't seen this issue before. Did you delete the game entirely?

Really glad you like the game! We're going to get the update out as soon as we can.

19. jarboo

jarboo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    France
    Game Impressions

Just finished the game and I absolutely loved it !
    I've played A LOT of point'n'click adventure games and this one is one of the best !

Can't wait to play Episode 3 ! :D

Here are some way to imrove the game (according to me of course)

1) Multiple save slot :
    I've got an iPad and my girlfriend has an iPhone. The game being universal is great since we can play at the same on both devices. But it would have been better if we could both play on the iPad (better graphics) without having to wait for one person to finish the game before the other one can play on the same device.

2) Game balancing :
    - Space invaders was way too easy ! I managed to get to 100,000 with only 1 or 2 lives before I decided to "suicide"
    - As said before by someone else, the timed puzzle where you have 7 seconds is tricky. Maybe it depends on the device you play : loading times seem longer on iPad 3, compared to iPhone 4S
    - the 2 mutli-touch puzzles have been difficult : on iPad I had to disable the "multi-touch gestures for multitasking" and on iPhone we had to try the correct input at least 10 times on the puzzle in the colourful zone with the aquarium

Anyway, that's really minor compared to the awesomeness of the game ! :)

20. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Really glad to hear you liked the game so much and rank it up so high in comparison to other adventure games!

1 - Multiple Save Slots
    You'll be pleased to know that we are working on a new engine for our future adventure games, including Episode 2, that brings with it a host of new features. Some under the hood that players won't notice with others being more player centric and one of those is multiple save slots :)

We're hoping to include some kind of cloud functionality with this as well, either via iCloud or a cross-platform system, so that you can play across multiple devices as well.

2. Balancing
    This is really hard, we tried our best to get it as even as possible but it's tricky as everyone has different abilities. We were tempted to include a Monkey Island style mega-monkey mode but decided against it, in the future we may still to that.

We are working on an update now to increase the timer in the kitchen, that was our mistake. We made it much too tight and won't be including timed puzzles in the future. It was an experiment that failed.

Multi-touch puzzles are again something that won't be coming back, the system gestures on the various different platforms just simply get in the way as you've noticed. If we were able to disable them temporarily via a permission popup much like push notifications then we'd be fine but Apple don't allow it.

Again, we really appreciate you playing the game and taking the time to write about it. The feedback is very welcomed and appreciated!