Universal Forever Lost ( by Glitch Games )

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GlitchGames, Oct 1, 2012.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Looks really cool!

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Although I'm guessing I'm too late, I'm not wading through 5 pages to find out, soooo...

Code please?:D

Why oh why do I have to work...:rolleyes:;):D

DBC

3. siege187

siege187 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Literally just finished the game. Fantastic production values with a difficulty level that is just right, nothing is too obtuse. Didn't get a code but well worth the current intro price. Can't wait for Ep.2, any ETA on release?

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Code? Thanks!

5. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I'm a huge adventure game fan, so I'll probably end up checking this one out soon enough.

6. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Since I got a code it is only fair to share my experience with the game.

I really like this game ! The atmosphere is very mysterious and it all has a very tense feeling to it. The game is easy to get into and the puzzles I have seen so far are not to frustratingly difficult but also not to easy. The inventory system and the ability to take snapshots is a great addition and can be a real help. Some very nice touches in the game , like playing a game on an iPad :) . All in all after about 1,5 hours of play I would say this is a great game and for the current price it is a real steal .

7. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Sorry yea all codes are gone, but it's currently only 69p to celebrate the launch so hopefully not too pricey.

Thanks a lot! We were worried about the difficulty level as it's hard to judge ( which is why we added the hint system ) but it's good to know that we may have just got it right first time :)

The first ep took around 6-7 months but a lot of that was building the underlying framework etc, we're hoping to get the second ep out within 4 months but don't quote me on that :) We want it out as soon as we can but we also don't want to rush it.

Sorry, there aren't any left now :-(

Thanks! Really hope you like it :) I'm a big adventure fan too and I love it so I think I can objectively say you'll love it too ;)

That's what we were going for so I'm glad to see it worked :) We were worried that the iPad bit might be a bit too different from the point'n'click gameplay but hopefully people like it ( and we don't get sued by Nintendo :) )

Hope you like the rest of the game and if you get stuck anywhere we're naturally here to help ( or wait till AppUnwrapper writes a walkthrough ;) )

8. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's good to know that you are usually super critical and yet like ours, really happy with that!

We also weren't going for a jump-out scare and more for the weird creepy vibe so it's good to know that we may have got it right :)

Looking forward to what you think of the rest as well.

9. Omun

Omun Active Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Game Designer
    United Kingdom
    Code please if you have any left?

The screens look great, congrats.

10. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Ok. As someone who loved the entire Myst series, had a cd drive, which was awesome compared to those damned floppys, which were rad compared to those cassette drives, which beat the hell out of re-typing code out of a 'Basic Games' book or plugging in a cartrige...I will bite the bullet and make the ultimate sacrifice: spending a whole damned dollar!?..instead of begging for a freebie. The game looks great! Downloading now. How the hell will I afford my next 1/3 cheeseburger?!?!

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I got a promo code for this game and I have played for about an hour now. Is is a really excellent example of it's genre with lovely graphics, an interesting story background and some really creative interactive elements. I am very much enjoying this game. I am finding the puzzle difficulty to be reasonable but I also appreciate the built-in hint system. I am looking forward to completing this and purchasing future episodes.

12. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Sorry we don't have any left for the current version.

13. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you for the support! Hopefully the sacrifice will be worth it :)

14. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you! All these nice comments are really great, you guys are too kind :)

15. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that has downloaded our game so far and an extra thanks to anyone that has either left feedback here or via the app store, it is all really appreciated!

If you haven't left feedback on the store yet please consider doing so as it really helps get people to see the game which as I'm sure you are aware is sadly very difficult to do.

16. HerdingCats

HerdingCats Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    visual designer, software
    So I'm feeling pretty lost regarding the circle-hex etc. puzzle. I've seen the whiteboard clue, but I fail to see how to manifest them in the puzzle. Hopefully one of you can help. Thanks in advance!

BTW, having lots of fun with the game. Ridiculously underpriced at $.99!

17. Skullinton

Skullinton Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Student
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Awesome game you guys!

I had this bug which even though the two clocks were at the same time the mecanism would work... But I restarted the story and on the second playthrough, I had no problem.

I loved everything about the game. There's a great mood, it's scary but not too much, a great setup, where you too want to know what's going on in there... The end leaves you wanting for more, I can't wait for episode 2.

Greatest point-n-click I have played for awhile... Keep up the good work!

18. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Check out the wording on the puzzle box.

Really glad you like it! We will be upping the price on Monday so if you know anyone that would be interested in getting the game on the cheap, please tell them :)

19. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you so much! I am really sorry about the bug you found and that you had to restart the game, but very glad that you went back through again and still have very positive things to say about it!

We can't wait till we can get ep 2 out as well :)

That really means a lot to us, thank you for saying it! If at all possible you could leave an app store rating ( if you haven't already done so ) that would be great.

20. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I have only played about 2/3 of the way through, but I have found 2 bugs:

1: I would be playing and suddenly the music just stops playing completely.

2: When I go into the menu while playing the game, most of the time after going to settings, etc. a watermark imprint stays of the menu.
    Also with a keypad in-game that stayed as a watermark on top of everything too.

I am loving the game and I just want to help it to be the best it can be. Thanks for fantastic game that has sharp graphics and great overall gameplay with just the right level of difficulty. I have only needed the hint system once.

I am doing a WHOLE lot better at this compared to Myst!:D