Force Unleashed... $5.99. Worth it now?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by superbad, Dec 2, 2008.

1. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    is it worth a download now?

2. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    its worth a download, when it drops another 5 bucks. then and ONLY then it is worth the money.

3. mikeadams

mikeadams Member

Jul 28, 2008
    professional tattooist
    pittsburgh
    bought it when it was 10 and still like it.

4. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Are you serious?

Dude, are you serious??? They dropped the price b/c of Brothers in Arms. When it goes to $0.99 then pick it up just to demo the iphone or IPT to nubbies.

5. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    I'd wait until it gets to $4 or so.

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I wouldn't plan on buying it at all if I were you. It really isn't anything like what you'd expect. It's an honest to goodness piece of crap :p

7. Ok..its not new but, I just finished this game...and i need to vent.

Ive played the DS and Wii versions and loved those versions...cos you can use the friggin lightsaber and slice mutha's up. As you would..!

I was hoping for a fun little jaunt like that on the iphone, and dont get me wrong...the whole 'force moves = touch gestures' thing is cool but..i didnt realise it would sum up the entire gameplay.
    BUT:
    The worst part for me wasnt the repetition but the complete omission of major chunks of the story and the complete rubbish they fill in the gaps with! This game is nothing without its story, on any platform! I mean...didnt anyone at lucas arts actually check the continuity of the different adaptions of this story when they licensed it out? What the hell!
    I want my money back.
    I want my time back.
    Ive never played a star wars game that made me feel ripped off before!!!
    I guess theres always a first for everything.

AVOID THIS GAME...dont get drawn in by the slick appearance and novel appeal. Ugh..

I should have read the reviews first.

8. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Game's not that good. $2-4 would be about right.

9. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Yeah I loved the wii version of the game but when I downloaded the lite version I couldn't stand it!!!!!

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The Wii version sucked incredibly. The lightsaber never went in the right direction, the force push was glitchy, and they used the same environments over and over again. I probably fought in the Jedi Temple a good 7 times. The graphics... ugh, it's a Wii, but Metroid Prime and SMG were incredibly. Now the PS3 and Xbox version... B-E-A-uuutiful.

But even compared to the total flop that was TFU for Wii, the iPhone version is simply a port found on a bunch of other non-smart phones. My LG Dare had the exact same game. I wasted like $8 on it. Even for 99c, it's a rip-off.

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Having bought the game in the very beginning when every release boiled down to nothing but hype, I'm gonna have to give this one a definitive NO! Wait until it's free then buy it.

12. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    They'd be better off even bringing a lego star wars to the iphone, I don't really recommend this game at all unless you're some kind of die hard sick in the head star wars fan.

13. JediOne

JediOne Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Not Really

While the touch gestures for the various force moves are novel to begin with, it's a very shallow game...

It's definitely better on the other platforms - I've played both the DS and PSP versions and have to say, the PSP version is pretty good as a portable version (free roaming, lightsaber use (plus lightsaber customisation as well as different costumes for the main character) and various force powers to play with - the graphics aren't bad too, for a PSP game).

14. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    The Lite version convinced me not to purchase the full game. I am a big Star Wars fan, but even being a fan does not persuade me to buy the game.

15. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I played the lite version and there's no way I'm getting this game at any price.

16. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

Now $0.99

I still don't think I'll get though.

17. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    just watched the toucharcade trailer review from ages ago... i wanted to make myself want it, but after that trailer, no way, i'd rather give the buck to a homeless person than waste it on this.

18. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    At least try the demo to see what it's all about.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan and couldn't even make myself finish the demo. Buying it would simply be to add another Star Wars game to my collection.