iPad Force Archer now on iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by UIM_yuki, May 29, 2009.

1. UIM_yuki

UIM_yuki Member

Apr 6, 2009
    The go-getter
    San Diego, CA
    Hey.. that took a long time since my last post.
    SO Force Archer, it's finally out.
    [​IMG]
    "In Force Archer, the player must choose the angle, power and the target carefully to defeat opponents one by one and reveal new mystery characters to progress. Each character has special arrows that can intensify the damage to your opponent."
    [​IMG]
    As of now, we are going to enhance the characters to be more visually fitting with the background and we are aware of the bugs and are in process of bug fixing.

We're looking into developing more characters with indepth game concept. Any feedback would be awesome.

Thanks!

UIM_Yuki
    iTunes Store
    UI Magic Inc

2. arc417

arc417 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    ast. coach and student
    FRISCO
    looks way better than that ****** stuff a while back

wtf why is the word bow.man blocked?

3. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    because there was this big scandal with them, and the word is now censored from the site. I forget what happened:confused:

4. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The developers were caught shilling for their game.

Anyway. I have Archers, and I've been waiting and waiting for Archers Deluxe, but as it's no where to be found, maybe I'll give this a try.

Any early impressions?

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I sorta feel dumb for asking...
    But what is shilling?

6. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    In general it would mean that the developers or associates created fake accounts in order to pretend to be average consumers giving rave reviews. Totally sleazy.

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    A shill is someone who helps a swindler.

So think fake accounts to post how good a game is and paying for good reviews. Things like that.

8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Haha wow so they need to censor the word now? I think that's a bit over the top =/

9. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #9 HJJ, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
    It's a little bit odd, I guess, but I think it's a totally fair punishment. Break the rules in such a sleazy way and face the consequences. Try to cheat by posting fake praise for your game? Now, nobody will even know it exists. Cold, hard justice!

On topic:
    Anyone have gameplay vids?

10. UIM_yuki

UIM_yuki Member

Apr 6, 2009
    The go-getter
    San Diego, CA
    Ohh that's why I was bashed last time.
    When I was announcing that the game was going to come out, people kept on telling me that I was banned. They were mistaking us for bow.man peeps...I was kind of scared of forums after that.. trauma =(

Anyhow, let us know what you'd like to see happen further in this game because the game is kind of like playing "let's golf".

If we're gonna develop it as a update, people who got it for $.99 is getting a steal.. hah it's almost like a buying a stock..

11. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i need a Big Albie Review

B.A.R

12. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Ha nice, I'd love to see that acronym catch on.

13. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    #13 McGill, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
    Just downloaded...i'll be posting my review as soon as i get a game in!

What's wrong with a McGill Review? MR!

People used to like mine, but the B.A.R. has been raised i guess!!!

14. UIM_yuki

UIM_yuki Member

Apr 6, 2009
    The go-getter
    San Diego, CA
    My Intense Need In Big Albie Review: M.I.N.I.B.A.R

15. UIM_yuki

UIM_yuki Member

Apr 6, 2009
    The go-getter
    San Diego, CA
    McGill Review. What Other Notorious Guy?
    M.R. W.O.N.G.

okay. back to my cheerleading job.

16. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    rofl win.

17. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    I have played a little, and the shooting seems buggy. I will hold the FIRE button and the meter goes up, then when I release the button the arrow doesn't fire. Happens all the time. The game is better then bow*** (minus the bird hunting which is great) but I do have some suggestions:

1. Fix the background textures so that the seams aren't so visible. Am I the only one who notices these things? Making a seamless tile isn't that difficult.

2. Fix the shooting bug mentioned above (sorry I have 1.0, I see it is fixed in 1.1)

3. Change the wind after each shot. It is too easy to figure out the sweet spot on each level. Usually 11-13 degrees with the shot power almost maxed will cause a level ending headshot.

4. Make it a variable distance between archers in each round. Again, based on the past round you can pretty quickly figure out the next shot based on the sweet spot from the last round. All you have to do is make a minor adjustment for the wind change.

5. Add more sounds when being shot. I would say "ouch" if I hit my foot on a chair when walking, but I'd probably scream something else if shot in the chest with an arrow.

6. Increase shot speed. The arrows seem to float too slowly and it looks unrealistic. An arrow shot at full speed should be moving much faster.

7. Add difficulty settings. The default game seems a little easy even though I am only on the 3rd of 4 characters so it may get harder. Which brings me to add more levels and characters. Perhaps a storyline wouldn't hurt. I hear there are hidden characters but I haven't gotten to play enough to find them.

8. Underwater level? I know its a fantasy game but it is a serious stretch to think any two characters would choose a bow and arrow for an under water duel. This is nit picking... I know.

This is a fun title with some nice looking graphics. Adjust the speed and remove the bugs and it would be much better.

18. UIM_yuki

UIM_yuki Member

Apr 6, 2009
    The go-getter
    San Diego, CA
    Stoked on the feedback, thanks nickel!

So we're thinking about switching the entire character to a 3d animated version of it, as of now it's a sequence of a png file.. real heavy stuff,hopefully it'll save from some of the crashing issue.

We will defenitely look in to the wind speed and some other elements that'll change up the shooting too.

yeha.. shooting arrows underwater.. lol wait until you see steve jobs shooting apples in pegasas land lol