Universal Forager (by HopFrog/Humble Bundle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, the amount of resource increases as you put multiple buildings of the same kind, so maybe pinning the receipt has some use. I never used the functionality myself though.

As of the exhausted message, it’s the same meaning as the hunger. It’s just the energy is about to deplete.

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Ahh gotcha, thank you

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Havelcek the way I see it, sole purpose of pinning recipes is to see the required ingredients for crafting. Seems like a logical thing, but there might be a different purpose I’m not aware of. Also, on iPad the pinned recipe window takes so small portion of the screen it’s barely noticeable.

Hunger and exhaustion seems to point out to the same thing: low stamina. I guess it’s just a different way to tell you to refill your stamina bar. If the same message popped out constantly it’d get pretty annoying. This way there’s some variability to it. Once you run out of stamina you lose one heart which is not a problem. I usually ignore the stamina and grab a fairy or two once I ran out of like half of my hearts.

Edit: replying at the same time as @Jstorm obviously. Or I didn’t refresh Safari I guess and missed the whole page. LOL. Never mind then.;)

4. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash Hey man, any beginner tips I should know before launching the game?

5. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Good stuff, thank you Mac

macplash likes this.
  6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 LOL, I don't know man.. I just somehow aquired 3 droids in a period of like 5 minutes and suddenly it changed everything. Until now I was kinda struggling where to go first, what to collect, doing decision if to use pickaxe or bow and whatnot but now these 3 guys just destroys everything in sight and if there's nothing to destroy or collect, they just fly away off the screen and do this on their own. Suddenly wherever I go, there's basically nothing to do, LOL.. that's just ridiculous. I also drank some Thunder potion so now there's lightning bursting from me and destroying everything around me without me doing anything.. I LOVE IT!

But seriously, I went through some beginner's guide myself, just to get familiar with the game. There's a ton of puzzles and unknown stuff I'm just trying to figure out. Until I look for some help online. Before I bought the game a few days ago I never heard of it, so there are much more qualified people here to give you tips and hints. So far I got 15 hours on iOS and 12 hours on Steam. So, what do I know, right?:D

bx59 likes this.
  7. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm minimizing my usage of online guides with this one - clearly its a labor of love for the developer and I'm going to try to discover it, rather than min-maxing my way to freedom =)

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Havelcek yeah, but there’s a stuff that drives me crazy. Like random numbers on some islands, towers I have no idea what to do in them, pillars that doesn’t react to anything... So much to figure out. But I went through 2 caves completely by myself, so that’s a start.;) And I completely agree about a labor of love, especially after checking EXTRAS sections.

9. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I know right, the first one got me a little choked up. FYI the dev and community are active on the Steam forum

macplash likes this.
  10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    The game is becoming an idle game. All the resources are being gathered automatically, and I am just waiting for factories to process items which takes forever.

11. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Just played it for the first time, and spent 3 hours like nothing. It's fast, I like it. But at the end of the 3 hours, I decided to plug my Gamevice and try it with a controller and realized that there's a dodge mechanic as well...

Bruh...

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #72 Echoseven, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    The dodge still works without a controller, but when you play with a controller it feels like an entirely different game.

It just feels SO much faster. I can definitely do more actions at the same time.

13. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    How are you getting your droids to go do something else? Mine either hovers directly over me or I can assign it to a specific building to sit there.

14. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Agreed, it's so much faster. On the touch controls, it's not common to have "right stick" rather than camera controls on 3D games and since that part is allocated for the buttons, I've definitely missed that dodge ability before plugging my controller. Than I realized the mechanics, and I was like "man, you could've told me this in the beginning"... :rolleyes:

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #75 macplash, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    I wish the endgame had some more variety in it. I unlocked approx 97 out of 103 achievements, I can do Void trips regularly up to level 50 to get tons of materials, I can re-shape the whole world with Obliterator, I can farm like 200 Crystal orbs and Legendary gems within a 20 seconds and increase my damage endlessly, but there’s nothing else to do. Makes me sad because this game’s just awesome. But I see no point in starting over as there’s a little variety to the core gameplay. Sure, it took me like 50 hours which is a crazy good value for the money spent, but I’d like to be able to play more. Cause once I stop and move to other game I doubt I’m gonna go back. I’ve seen an announcement about multiplayer somewhere - is it coming? That’d be so awesome!

----
    EDIT: so I got these two, but the basic one for dying ten times I still can't unlock and with that amount of droids protecting me I couldn't even if I wanted. Even the runs into the Void I rather wait up for the time running out once I'm bored (around level 75) than try to die as it's pretty much impossible.

forager_achieve.jpg

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    So I’m having a terrible time placing walls and floors there are spots where I just can’t place stuff and I don’t know why, am I missing something or are the building controls just wonky or what?

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Repulsa the latter unfortunately.. with only one touch control option available ATM there’s no way to bypass the smart snapping cursor.. the more you play the more annoying it gets and eventually it takes its toll. I’m keeping the game installed on my iPad waiting for an update on the controls but in the meantime I’m playing the Steam version which is a completely different experience.

18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Well
    I certainly hope they fix it, it IS really aggravating and I don’t have a PC or console, just my iPad and phone

19. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    So, cloud saves, but not cloud save sync from one iOS device to another? At least not between my iPad and iPhone, anyway....

20. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    #80 bx59, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Very dumb question incoming: how to shoot arrows on touch controls?! I can’t find the attack button :confused:

So the arrows went to my vault, that's why. Huh.