Universal Forager (by HopFrog/Humble Bundle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 6, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So I overheard that music when star’s falling from the sky. The screen shook and it sounded like an impact. But I can’t find that star anywhere. Instead there’s a timer going below my HP and stamina bar with some stars but there’s no way to tap on it. On PC I just hover mouse over to see what’s the buff, but it doesn’t work on iOS. So I’m just more confused what’s with that star... just see attached screenshot (countdown is in upper left corner)

@Dema9o9uehutq totally agree on placement. I just tried to fill some land to have more space for buildings and stuff and it’s borderline impossible once there are other buildings or items around. It’s like smart cursor that automatically jumps to nearest item which is a bummer when that’s the last thing I need. But other than that it’s quite manageable.

—-

Attached Files:

2. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I truly love this game. Its like a compact stardew valley. Its really a big world compressed in small islands. U can see feel breath the time and love the devs put in. Really great.

Right now i maxed my lvl to 65 and have 31 droids. I dont need to harvest or fight anything cause my droids just do everything. And the best thing with my droids is the look. Every one of them has a complete different look. I mean one is a horse, the other a crown, the other a slime,.... I just keep playing to see the next droid and the next and.... its so satisfying.

Best hint i can give is to never build droids with resources. They are to expansive and you will have to wait long. There is a better faster cheaper way. All you need to do is to set up 4 Markets and unlock the perks wich give 6 selling slots to a market and the perk to renew markets faster. You will see that every 20 mins a droid is sold in the market. And the prize will always stay between 7k to 11k for a droid. Thats how i got them all. And earning money is the easiest thing in this game. So try it out.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I hate this game. I played it till 4 AM last night and 2AM tonight.

Let me sleep. Please.

mgambino and Son of Anarchy like this.
  4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Anyone else having a problem not being able to use the bow after a certain level? I can't pull the string of the bow so it is useless

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Didn’t you run out of arrows by any chance? (in case you don’t have the quiver yet) ;) I’m level 38 with Demon bow shooting constantly at everything and didn’t have a single issue with it.

6. Vikas Pawar

Vikas Pawar Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 30, 2020
    Male
    UX UI Designer
    Singapore
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So how does the Fish Net artifact supposed to work? Its description says it makes fish traps collect themselves automatically but all my traps just have “caught” sign above them like before and nothing else is happening. Do I need to do something to make it work? None of the other artifacts needed additional activation or anything to start working immediately after picking up.

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You might have to pick up what’s there, after which they’ll start gathering themselves.

For me it didn’t activate on the first “collection” which was in progress, but worked from then on.

macplash likes this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Higher tier items require forever to produce, even with the power plant which boosts the production. Kinda killing the pace.

10. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    This game has cloud sync I've heard

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    On top of Power Plant you can use Builder Scrolls to boost production of nearby buildings. It’s a short time solution but the speed boost is impressive. I use it when crafting Electronics because they take painfully long to craft. Although more buildings is a solution too. I believe to reaching the automation of everything eventually is the goal.

12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #52 Jstorm, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Talking of the goal, what was the goal of this game? I don’t quite remember tbh.

Edit: never mind. It seems there is a no particular goal for this game.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Echoseven thank you, you were absolutely right! I needed to pick up what was already caught in those traps and automation started working right after that. On top of that, on newly crafted traps it started working right away. So everything’s just perfect right now.;)

@Jstorm don’t ask me. I started to play just a few days ago. I’ve never heard of it before. I love to uncover everything, solving puzzles on my own. I mentioned automation as the goal cause it feels like it points that way. The option to craft infinite resources, auto pick up artifacts and droids, auto mining rods and whatnot. I’m planning to spend much more time with this game so I’m only about to see what’s that all about.

14. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I kinda broke the game with my 308 droids. Problem is i dont see my character behind my droids anymore. My screen is so littered with it. Sadly there is no option to make droids transparent or smaller.
    I tried this droid overkill out to obliterate the endless void dungeon. And with 308 droids it really never ends. I had to cancel the run at some point, cause i could go on forever...
    I still love this game. But wonder why the dev never added an option to change the appearance of the droids.
    There must be many people with this problem. I mean the game is out on steam for some time.

15. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Oh really? I was not getting this game just because of it... Can someone please clear the air about the cloud saves? Thanks in advance!

16. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #56 mastery51, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    It has cloud save! It will save a copy of your save file to the cloud Automatically as long as you have an Internet connection to do so.

bx59 likes this.
  17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I noticed if you attach a drone to a building, it boosts the production speed of the building ... almost twice?

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Jstorm I don’t have a drone yet. I got an offer in the market but didn’t go for it. It was 11K gold and I didn’t have that at that point.:oops:

19. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Thanks for the great news! Now I can join the party ;)

macplash likes this.
  20. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    What is the purpose of pinning building recipes? It takes up like 20% of the screen and seems to have no functionality. Frankly this IOS user interface needs a lot of work.

Next, I'm getting warning messages that I'm both hungry and exhausted. I can see fixing hunger with food but what meter measures exhaustion?